Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Is he going to write a classic?

Lyrically, that's the worst song in history. Especially the bit where he says he's an addict... you get all excited that he might be from Leith and then he says "an addict for your love"

Both showing our age now...

GOOD MORNING TO YOU ALL

I have just read through this entire thread and frankly I am MOST DISGUSTED. It has always been clear to me how the supporters of the "Irish" clubs felt towards Rangers. But a quite shocking REVELATION of the pure bile, vitriol, and animosity, leveled at us from who I assume are otherwise staunch and loyal protestants. You disgust me, sicken me to my stomach. Where is your pride? Where is the love for The Rangers which was once found all across the fair British Isles?

May your 'gods' forgive you for what you have done.

Ok, very good.

Who is this?

C'mon, 'fess up.

NOBODY would read this entire thread :lol:

From the BBC website

Sunday 29th July 2012 This table charts the fixtures during Sunday 29th July 2012 Ramsdens Challenge Cup - First Round North-East

Show last 5 matches and coverage Fixture Kick-off Status

Show Brechin V The Rangers FC 15:05

So this is the name the BBC are runing with

Does that mean that if we are talking about say Ally McCoist we have to say 'the The Rangers manager'. Or if referring to players 'the The Rangers goalkeeper' ?

that actually works out around £14 per game -£2 OVER supposed price limit for div3 .ohmy.gif

'Supposed' price limit, where does that come from ?

The ticket pricing is quite interesting though, what would Rangers have previously charged for a Cup game against a Third Division side ?

Yip. I've got a good opening too.

"It was the best of times. It was the worst of times............"

What do you think?

Once upon a time there were three bears.........

................there used to be 45,000 but the glory hunters all left when Rangers failed to get promotion from Division 3 after 5 years of trying.

'Supposed' price limit, where does that come from ?

The ticket pricing is quite interesting though, what would Rangers have previously charged for a Cup game against a Third Division side ?

The SFA set guidelines about what each level "should" cost. They aren't binding on anyone though - more a recommendation.

Sevco can charge whatever they like. If their fans (or I suppose visiting fans) are mug enough to pay it.

This bit from the Traynor article depressed me:

"The SFA, who hit Rangers with a £160,000 fine and a 12-month registration ban, and SFL have said they won't be pushing to have any of their trophies won by Rangers during the EBT years erased from the records."

Is it true?

Would this not seriously dent the SFA's ability to punish teams who field ineligible players in Scottish Cup ties in future? There's been several instances in recent seasons and sanctions have ranged from fines, to replays, to elimination. If a blind eye is turned here, how can they hammer others in future for offences that won't come close in terms of seriousness?

I just assumed he'd told him in a really calm and peaceful manner. I was prepared to let the split infinitive go on this occasion.

It's cool, I'm a mug, he totally had me fooled into thinking he was dumber than he actually is.

How dumb do I feel now? Knowing that I fall into such elementary traps on a football forum when really there would be no-one who watches football could be so uneducated.

I know your comment is tongue in cheek and that the article is written for a 5 year old but it's actually pretty galling that a guy as untrustworthy as Whyte is still functioning at any level other than the gutter considering he owes decent folk a substantial amount of money !

It's something I've mulled over a few times when I've been in the company of 'money', wondering if any of the smartly dressed folk at the function were 'overdrawn' to the tunes of millions whist continuing to live a life of luxury !

Perhaps if the newspaper had actually done some investigative journalism rather than fawning over everyone who goes into this story.

Why don't they actually investigate Green and report the lack of transparency into the money behind this consortium.

Really how much digging would it have taken to discover about Whyte 's previous ?

I agree that it is a ridiculous situation that a serial bankrupt can startup business after business but that would need legislation and change the laws on insolvency, where a temporary injuction could be placed on an individual where there was an investigation into a previous business. It is one of the reasons HMRC don't negotiate in these cases , so why wasn't this highlighted by the press.

They clearly hid the truth from their readership so do those at the Record not feel a tad of remorse by not digging into Whyte's past.

For once I am agreeing with Traynor. One of the results we need for Scottish football to move forward is the elimination of the SPL as constituted. It was corrupt from day 1, and still is.

It has managed to pretty well kill any hope of success for Scottish clubs in Europe. The part time league teams in Europe are doing better than Scottish clubs, youth and schools football has been decimated by the SPL clubs, such that there are regular petitions to the Scottish Parliament to reduce their draconian limitations put onto young players. And as for the national team, well how awful has that become?

So the SFL clubs must create their own top flight to which the current SPL clubs can be invited to join. But join on the terms of the SFL.

Little doubt that is what the Scottish Government wants, but they can't push this agenda publicly.

been away on holiday? to the pyramids Mr smyth.:lol:

What we're missing is that the season ticket guarantees entry to Ibrox matches, avoiding the pain of losing out when the games are all sell outs.

345lsmt.jpg

Is that Brian Kennedy?

Do season tickets give you first call on champions league tickets?

Does that mean that if we are talking about say Ally McCoist we have to say 'the The Rangers manager'. Or if referring to players 'the The Rangers goalkeeper' ?

Don't be silly, one would just abbreviate it, obviously!

"The The."