Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

At what point does previous history stop being transferred, from club to club ?

For instance, if the league membership(and all the punishments) are transferred to the new club, they could find themselves struggling again, liquidate, form a new club, apply for the previous clubs membership..... and so on, and so on.

I have no idea what criteria you must fill to apply for a liquidated clubs history? Is there any football clubs out there, who's history is just waiting to be claimed? I'm sure there are some sunday league pub teams who would be quite happy to pick up the baton and carry the name of any formerly successful defunct football club.

The marker for 'preserving history' has changed so many times it's difficult to keep track of.

First of all it was 'agreeing a CVA lets us keep our history', which would actually have been correct.

Then it was 'Once the SPL share transfers to us, we keep our history.'

Now it's 'If we transfer the SFA membership, we keep our history'.

If the SFA membership doesn't get transferred to the new club, we can expect some new line of nonsense along the lines of "aye, but as long as we play at Ibrox, we keep our history".

Some people are just living in denial that their club is snuffed.

It's quite worrying, if people were to walk around claiming that Third Lanark still existed and played football, they'd get sectioned.

What if the membership does get transferred? The SFA membership is what records the clubs achievements.

I don't think it should be transferred. I hope that the SPL try and strip the titles and it puts Green off from trying the transfer and he applies as a completely Newco with a new membership.

That for me would be the end of Rangers FC. IMO if he gets Rangers' membership then it is a continuation.

Well I'm afraid a "purile level" is about my level of understanding I'm afraid. Apologies.

The suggestion is that the history is an "asset" that can be bought or sold. Tart it up any way you want, that just doesn't really stack up. Even at a nuclear physics level of understanding.

The nuclear physicists found the higgs boson and are now looking for a new challenge but they have backed out of looking for a tax return from Ibrox.

Why is that bizarre?

Honestly, the continuation issue is a complete red herring.

The Rangers fans are correct in making a division between the club and the company - but dual contracts pertains entirely to the club and therefore will have to be dealt with by Rangers FC.

If anyone can explain how Rangers intend to field a team in a week or two's time...

At last, I understand. Thanks, Henry (or can I call you "Savage"?).

Man City have stars on their badge for phuck all.

Who actually cares what they put on their badge?

Yeah, "We don' need your steenking badges"

Substituting "Bhajis" for "badges" can cause social unrest in certain restaurants :(

Edited by cyderspaceman

The SFA membership is what records the clubs achievements.

Does it?

So what if Rangers FC (IA) had decided to move to England and join the EPL?

They would have had to resign their membership of the SFA.

Would that have meant that they lost their history?

What if another club was started, and applied for the now vacated SFA membership? Would that club have Rangers FC (IA) history?

SFA membership carrying history is just another Campbell Ogilvie inspired piece of nonsense to dupe Sevco Scotland Ltd. fans into believing that their club isny pan breid.

I'm guessing those clubs that have earned the right to do this would?

That does surprise me about Man City.

Unless they're part of the design, they must be there to signify something?

Whether that's been ratified by another body or not is another matter.

Okay, assuming for a moment Wiki is right, the whole stars things is completely unregulated, so whatever I read before must have been written by Traynor or Burley.

If Sevco don't get to buy Rangers' history, then expect 5 stars on the strip - one for every 10,000 empty seats at Ibrox.

What if the membership does get transferred? The SFA membership is what records the clubs achievements.

I don't think it should be transferred.

I hope that the SPL try and strip the titles and it puts Green off from trying the transfer and he applies as a completely Newco with a new membership.

That for me would be the end of Rangers FC. IMO if he gets Rangers' membership then it is a continuation.

The stripping of the SPL Titles and Scottish Cups that the soon-to-be defunct club won by cheating (dual contracts) is a formality. Trying is not required. What is that cheating b*****d McCoist going to do to stop that from happening!? There is nothing that the cheating b*****d can do to stop it! wink.gif

Well I'm afraid a "purile level" is about my level of understanding I'm afraid. Apologies.

The suggestion is that the history is an "asset" that can be bought or sold. Tart it up any way you want, that just doesn't really stack up. Even at a nuclear physics level of understanding.

Well, that certainly isn't my suggestion at all... I've no idea how one can trade history as a material asset.

I certainly can forsee how the football authorities can regard a football entity as being the same entity as one which existed for X time prior, owing to it having a membership of Y age and having taken responsibilites for actions or achievements (good or bad) which occurred at Z point in the past.

I can certainly forsee in turn why that makes legitimate it being "the same club".

I can certainly forsee in turn again why that makes legitimate them saying that club has "history".

And this has already happened in Scotland, afterall, with Clachnacuddin.

It's a fact. If the SFL chairmen weren't so desperate to have Sevco in their league the SPL wouldn't have them over a barrel.

Emmmm I really don't think you should be criticising anybody else's chairman........

Now troll along troll!

The stripping of the SPL Titles and Scottish Cups that the soon-to-be defunct club won by cheating (dual contracts) is a formality. Trying is not required. What is that cheating b*****d McCoist going to do to stop that from happening!? There is nothing that the cheating b*****d can do to stop it! wink.gif

He could walk away, therefore technically not accepting it.<_<

Otherwise known as "going in a huff"

Edited by cyderspaceman

Does it?

So what if Rangers FC (IA) had decided to move to England and join the EPL?

They would have had to resign their membership of the SFA.

Would that have meant that they lost their history?

What if another club was started, and applied for the now vacated SFA membership? Would that club have Rangers FC (IA) history?

SFA membership carrying history is just another Campbell Ogilvie inspired piece of nonsense to dupe Sevco Scotland Ltd. fans into believing that their club isny pan breid.

Did Campbell Ogilvie also want Clydebank's history to transfer to Airdrie United? The SFL list it that way, as HibeeJibee pointed out earlier in the thread.

There are not a finite number of SFA memberships. If another club wanted to join the SFA, it could do so without taking on Rangers' membership. If it wanted to transfer the membership of Rangers, then that would require the permission of the oldco, and in that case it would be considered to be a continuation of the old Rangers, and would be liable for the punishments and priveliges of the oldco.

The reality is that these things are soon forgotten (apart from by a few obsessives). The same will happen with Rangers. Whatever side of the argument you favour, the practical situation is that as long as the team plays on it will be seen as the same club and the obsessives can jump and up and down and shout, "They're deid! They're deid!" as much as they want.... 8)

Basically this is what it all comes down to.

Legally Sevco are not Rangers and never will be. In a footballing sense it depends upon whether the SFA accept the transfer of Rangers' share. If you are a pedant then the law of the land takes precedence over Association laws, but if you believe that football is above the law of the land then you can believe Sevco are Rangers.

What it will boil down to is who can shout their point of view the loudest. As we have seen Sevco fans humph and grumph but when it comes down to getting heard, Sevco are in division three now and all SPL clubs would have had them in the SPL with point deductions and financial penalties if it was not for the diddy shouting.

As a diddy I believe Sevco obsessives can jump and up and down and shout, "We're Rangers! We're Rangers" as much as they want...... 8)

And we all know the diddies have proved to shout louder than Sevco.

Did Campbell Ogilvie also want Clydebank's history to transfer to Airdrie United? The SFL list it that way, as HibeeJibee pointed out earlier in the thread.

There are not a finite number of SFA memberships. If another club wanted to join the SFA, it could do so without taking on Rangers' membership. If it wanted to transfer the membership of Rangers, then that would require the permission of the oldco, and in that case it would be considered to be a continuation of the old Rangers, and would be liable for the punishments and priveliges of the oldco.

Why would it be considered a continuation of the now defunct club?

The sanctions would apply to any club which chose to take on the membership of the now defunct Rangers FC (IA).

If they want to keep their history, all they have to do is to get the shares from Craig Whyte, and either pay off the clubs debts, or come to some arrangement with their creditors. There's really no other option.

Okay, assuming for a moment Wiki is right, the whole stars things is completely unregulated, so whatever I read before must have been written by Traynor or Burley.

If Sevco don't get to buy Rangers' history, then expect 5 stars on the strip - one for every 10,000 empty seats at Ibrox.

Whatever the final outcome, I think every club in the league should put 5 stars on their shirts and make up some cock and bull story to justify it.

NO, 6 stars! :lol:

Edited by cyderspaceman

Why would it be considered a continuation of the now defunct club?

The sanctions would apply to any club which chose to take on the membership of the now defunct Rangers FC (IA).

If they want to keep their history, all they have to do is to get the shares from Craig Whyte, and either pay off the clubs debts, or come to some arrangement with their creditors. There's really no other option.

For the same reason that Airdrie United appear to be a continuation of Clydebank (as per the SFL website). A transfer of membership appears to lead to a continuation in the eyes of the authorities.

Yeah, "We don' need your steenking badges"

Substituting "Bhajis" for "badges" can cause social unrest in certain restaurants :(

We've enough trouble with the cowboys, don't want to upset the Indians too.