Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I used to play right back. Our left back and I always used to decide within the first 5 mins of a game whether his opposite number or mine was more of a danger. We would then swap places and nail the guy early doors which would result in a yellow card. We would then swap back to our original positions and nail the guy again early in the second half which would sometimes result in another yellow, but as it was two different defenders, no red card. smile.gif

I can definitely see the young SevCo lads running home to their mums after one of the ex junior players in the 3rd has his wicked way. biggrin.gif

Hahahaha - good manouvre! I would have been useless as right back tho. Our centre-back was 6'6 and captain and used to intimidate me if I didn't get me ass up the wing enuf! "Dally move yer arse" will ring in my ears until the day they burn me when dead

LOL - dunno if you were good at fitba when younger. I'm thinking of when I was playing when I was 20 many moons ago..............as left back I'd just whisper in the ear of anyone better than me that I'd effing break their leg if got past me to intimidate them. It'll work on the Sevco boys and truly the talk on the field on the 3rd Div/our Cup game against Sevco

I was left back too.

My method was to whack them in the first challenge and just stare at them, worked a treat mostly.

ETA I didn't do up the wing, too slow !

Edited by DuntoiRab

Hahahaha - good manouvre! I would have been useless as right back tho. Our centre-back was 6'6 and captain and used to intimidate me if I didn't get me ass up the wing enuf! "Dally move yer arse" will ring in my ears until the day they burn me when dead

Neither the left back or myself were big but we could tackle, most of the time fairly. I remember one young lad that played for the other team (his dad was the coach). He must have been in his early teens and his dad had been bragging that his son was going to sign S form with Celtic. The lad got passed our left back twice and set up 2 goals. The third time he tried it our experienced ex pro (you know who you are Bobby Houston!!!) sent this lad into orbit. It's amazing how far a 10st teenager can fly. biggrin.gif

From the Saints website

Saints are pleased to announce that they have reached an agreement with Glasgow Rangers over the transfer of Steven Davis.

The midfielder originally agreed to join Saints earlier this month following the well-publicised issues surrounding the Scottish giants.

Since then both clubs have been in discussions to reach an amicable solution that would avoid the need the player's international transfer clearance to be agreed at a FIFA tribunal.

Saints' Executive Chairman Nicola Cortese has now reached a favourable agreement with Rangers that is in the best and fairest interests of all three parties.

This negates any possible delay in the transfer proceedings and sees Davis' registration transferred to Southampton with immediate effect.

As part of this alteration to the transfer, Davis' contract with the Club will now run until 2016.

The Northern Ireland captain has been training with Saints since agreeing to move to St Mary's on 6th July.

He is currently in Évian-les-Bains with the rest of the First Team squad for their pre-season training camp, and is close to a return to full fitness after a minor injury.

"I'm delighted to get everything sorted," said Davis.

"There was an element of uncertainty at how long it would take to get the transfer papers through, so I have to give credit to the Executive Chairman Nicola Cortese for wanting to get it done and removing the need for things to drag on any longer.

"This is good news for all parties, and now we can all move forward."

>>>>>>>>>>

No mention of cost but it's clear they agreed on some sort of payment ,,,

The Saints fans don't seem that bothered they have forked out such a wedge. They just say that it would cost them a lot more if rankers weren't in trouble.

Must be great to be able to pish £800k away like that.

There is not a fucking chance in hell that Southampton will fork out nearly a million quid for Davis when FIFA have just ratified the free transfers of four other players in literally exactly the same circumstances. I have no idea who the Record think they're kidding.

They might see it as a way of having Davis in at the start of the season, in the grand scheme of things £800 k in the EPL is not that significant financially given the SKY money on offer.

They might see it as a way of having Davis in at the start of the season, in the grand scheme of things £800 k in the EPL is not that significant financially given the SKY money on offer.

Im pretty sure they would have just deducted it from a bigger signing on fee anyway, thats the main benefit in being free, instead of clubs getting the money you get a much better personal deal.

Im pretty sure they would have just deducted it from a bigger signing on fee anyway, thats the main benefit in being free, instead of clubs getting the money you get a much better personal deal.

When McCoist and Jardine were having a go at all the players who refused the transfer of contracts they both spoke up in defence of Davis and McGregor. There might have been some agreement they struck we don't know about.

Anyway it's a lot of money for a 3rd division club ;)

Presuming what you say is correct, for the moment, have these tasks, detailed in the rules, been carried out?

(That's a rhetorical question, I accept you have no way of knowing.)

rhetorical, ha ha, it's like a word off orcmedia.

No presumption required, sir. I've quoted the exact wording of the statutory instrument.

It's all pretty straightforward for those who can bothered doing some research before shooting their load all over their internet blog.

Edited by Pull My Strings

The £800,000 comes from the Record. The guys that give us columns from Hateley and Traynor so more likely than not it could actually be complete pish.

The £800,000 comes from the Record. The guys that give us columns from Hateley and Traynor so more likely than not it could actually be complete pish.

Jabba talks pish and just has to sign-up other pliant cunts to let him vent - last Record plead on podcast was a Tour de Force

Surely if the "SEVCO" bigots pocket £800K, then UEFA would order them to reimburse the clubs that their predecessors owed money to.

Or has it been decided somewhere along the line, that only some aspects of the "oldco" cheating bigots have to be picked up by the "SEVCO" bigots?

Is part of the SFA licence not they have to accept the football liabilities in their entirety which would be all to FiFA's insistence.

I know it seems a bit of a closed shop and the other creditors must look on in envy and anger but if Sevco want to exist as a football entity they will have to

suck it up.

The thing that puzzles me will be when the other stuff comes to a decision the EBT double contracts how do the SPL punish any wrong doing will that be postponed until Sevco return to the SPL ? Will the SFA punish them for the EBT double contracts in cup games over the same period ?

I hope that is all clearly stated and we don't keep hearing Sevco bleating about being picked upon again and again, they haven't had a punishment as yet .

The 10 points was a consequence of their administration.

The fine of £160,000 they haven't paid .... YET

The playing in Division 3 is all the actions of their own financial meltdown, they lost their place in the SPL due to liquidation, they don't have a licence to play in any league.

Even being stripped of any honours is not a punishment but a consequence if they are found guilty of the double contracts.

When McCoist and Jardine were having a go at all the players who refused the transfer of contracts they both spoke up in defence of Davis and McGregor. There might have been some agreement they struck we don't know about.

Anyway it's a lot of money for a 3rd division club ;)

Oh gosh pal - you back into defensive mode/bad No.8 or just fishing again???

The sanction from SFA should be that Green has to give fat Sally a contract for 5 years - that'll eff Sevco FC up

If Southampton have genuinely paid £800k, then why wouldn't BDO be interested, as the sale of that single asset means ibrox and Murray park were only worth £4.7m.

Surely if the selling the assets as a job lot was a bad deal for the creditors then they have the power to reverse all of duff & felch transactions relating to the sale to green?

If Southampton have genuinely paid £800k, then why wouldn't BDO be interested, as the sale of that single asset means ibrox and Murray park were only worth £4.7m.

Surely if the selling the assets as a job lot was a bad deal for the creditors then they have the power to reverse all of duff & felch transactions relating to the sale to green?

£575,000 apparently, a good will gesture so as not to be seen to be scavenging a club in trouble. That's according to some guy who calls himself @AgentScotland on Twitter.