Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

F*ck the cnuts, they should be dead and buried.

If the SFA had balls they would've banished them and Scumtic after the disgrace of the 1980 Cup final.

But then you would never have had your big pay day in '86 :P

FWIW I'd say that what Airdrie subsequently got away with was far more distasteful than simply admitting them to the 3rd division so you can read that precedent either way.

For your information,Airdrie at that point didn't exist.Jim Ballantyne placed a bid in for an about to be liquidated company,and was the highest bidder.They then renamed Clydebank to Airdrie United.Technically we are still Clydebank as has been pointed out by others.So i fail to see how this is classed as more distasteful than a club that cheated and ran up huge debts,including tax fraud for up to 20 years or more,has been allowed to continue as a newco with the oldco history,wiped out almost all the debt,had a slap on the wrist by being placed in the 3rd,but allowed to now build a team that could take them all the way back up again.

It may be me,but i fail to see how were the worse of the 2 scenarios.

Airdrie United were never to be allowed into SFL for reasons that seem to have been forgotten for Ranger.We were rejected in favour of Gretna,as newco should have been for Spartans.

Bigger companies have went to the wall without ever cheating anyone,let alone the taxman,but somehow the powers that be have eased a cheat and fraud back into our game.Only now they will be a little better off long term.

1342823418[/url]' post='6451665']

Anyone noticed the Murray statement now renders any agreement/contract he does sign with the SFA null and void .. as he will only be signing it 'under duress' (which makes a an agreement/contract illegal or unenforceable)

He has stated it for and on the the record in the public domain ...

What the f**k will the SFA do now at short notice ... 'just accept them signing it' ?

Someone should email the SFA and ask them what they plan to do about it ...

Personally I think they should now be fcuking booted out ....

Edit: and ask the Spartans to apply ...

throwing the phrase "duress" into a PR statement is not the same thing as real duress, let alone the type required to invalidate a legal agreement.

1342823621[/url]' post='6451675']

so, are we saying rangers are the equivalent of 'beady eye'? Or after a few defeats with bairns and big lee more like 'bonehead's oasis' at butlins @ bognor in ten years time....with no other original members left (a bit like the **** front line soon)!!

More like Guns N' Roses, except with return to the SPL standing in for the release of "Chinese Democracy". Both, after ll, we're confidently assumed to only require three years....

Meanwhile, over on OrcMedia:

What's the budget?

Rangers on a good CL year would have taken in up to £60M, without a good European run, perhaps £35Mish. Now in the depths of SFL3? I guess perhaps £20M? You could buy any player in Scotland outside the usual Old Firm scenario with that - the question is would they come.

I think Rangers should stash the cash in preparation for SPL football again. The problem is that if the Sky/SPL debacle does pan out to be bad for those clubs, we could be back in the SPL for 2013-2014 but unable to sign anyone until Jan 2014?

I think they need sign up a few up to £5000 per week players, that is a wage bill of about £2.5M for 10 decent players which is 13% of revenues - a lot better than the 40+% we were shelling out on player wages in the SPL.

So sign up 10 good SPL level players and let them see us through to the top flight again. It's basically a balance between ensuring a hassle free rise up the leagues but also preparing the war chest on the top flight return.

In that light, a few game changers like Rudi Skacel is not unreasonable - if Ally can persuade them.

:lol:

I'd take any of:

Michael Stewart

Kevin Kyle

Craig Beattie

Ian Black

Gary Teale

Rory McCalister

Please, please, please do. :lol:

Airdrieonians died never to return, It was shocking what the SFA & SFL allowed to happen to Clydebank

And on this i will agree.I was gutted for,and still feel for Clydebank.It was not how i wanted for it to be,just to be able to watch an Airdrie side playing once more at New Broomfield.

Edited by Forever Diamond

It's kinda like when a band suffers a messy split and the lead singer tours with a new band and releases kinda crp albums under the old name. Everyone knows its not the same, but they're allowed to do it.

Actually there's usually a messy legal case to see who gets the name, royalties etc.

Why is it unreasonable to rid yourself of something that is not good.They will up and leave us in a flash if the English league accepts them,or there is an European league started.So don't try and kid yourself on that we would miss them,they certainly wouldn't miss us.If this had been any other club bar the OF that cheated HMRC for years,we would not be having this discussion.They would have been added to history of clubs that cease to exist in Scotland.

Butter it up any way you want,but they have got off very lightly,everything will be the same in a few years minus their massive debts.They will only gloat at us to remind us that they were too big for us too kill off,when actually all it is,is that our FA has succumed to the temptation of greed.If SKY was not an issue they would have buried Rangers long ago.It just proves how greedy they actually are by now negotiating a 25 match tv deal to watch them in the 3rd,why the feck wasn't there a 25 match deal for the lower divisions before now.

So they may be on paper the most successful side in the world,their fans may gloat on their history.......but when they remove the red,white and blue spectacles and see them as the rest of Scotland does,they will then realise that there is nothing of the last 20 years or more to be proud of Rangers FC for.

The glass half full response is that even 9 months ago no one imagined that we'd even be arguing about/complaining about this ;) It's progress at least.

Airdrieonians died never to return, It was shocking what the SFA & SFL allowed to happen to Clydebank

An old colleague of mine used to live on the south side of Glasgow and was a Third Lanark supporter as a boy..

When the Hi Hi died, he changed his allegiance to Partick Thistle and later he ended up living in Clydebank.

Luckily he stayed loyal to the Jags and avoided seeing two of his clubs dying, although Partick did come close.

My point? Sometimes football clubs die. Accept it and move on.

eta : a wee snippet from the Thirds history

The club was declared bankrupt after the Board of Trade enquiry and was liquidated in 1967. It was alleged that Boardroom corruption played a role in this outcome. On 1 July 1968 four former directors of Third Lanark were found guilty of contravening the Companies Act 1948 and fined £100 each. The investigation by the Board of Trade accused club chairman, Bill Hiddleston, of blatant corruption and that "the circumstances (merited) police inquiry". Hiddleston died of a heart attack in Blackpool in November 1967.

Edited by cyderspaceman

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really have to get back on there. Unfuckingbelievable

You're just pissed off you picked the wrong username.

*Forgive me if someone got there first but I have just logged on.

Has anyone else saw this bbc sport update ?

Thoughts ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18929983

This is baffling. They probably want Rangers media rights to make up for them not being in the SPL.

The authorities in this country are scandalous.

Also has it been explained yet why SPL approval is required (or if)? What are SPL approving? Article doesn't say.

Probably because the SFL get a share in the SPL's media rights.

Only indirectly, through geting ££ under the Annual Settlement.

1. We're not Scottish football chief.

2. You need to separate the horrible nature of the kunts from the issues at hand.

3. I'm pretty sure that Airdrie fans are the last people who should be taking the moral high ground here. No offence and all that.

The company has gone bust. The team have dropped three divisions, lost all their decent players, will have to go a full year without signing players and have more sanctions to come but, yeah, apart from that what did the Romans ever do for us?

No offence and all that,you having a laugh.Just because were Airdrie United fans means we are not allowed to have a comment on what is right or wrong.Airdrie never cheated or committed fraud to be where they are.

As for dropping three divisions,we could argue that is not true as they are meant to be a newco,now that the SFA seem to be handing them back their history though i would probably have say sadly it is true.

My heart bleeds for them going a year without being able to sign any players.It should have started from now,and not allow them to have an opportunity to buy the best players they can to get an easy ride back to the 1st,possibly the SPL.

And what did the Romans do for us,well for me they gave a great day out.Hadrians wall is a great little visit.