Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1. We're not Scottish football chief.

2. You need to separate the horrible nature of the kunts from the issues at hand.

3. I'm pretty sure that Airdrie fans are the last people who should be taking the moral high ground here. No offence and all that.

The company has gone bust. The team have dropped three divisions, lost all their decent players, will have to go a full year without signing players and have more sanctions to come but, yeah, apart from that what did the Romans ever do for us?

Ffs don't mention the word Roman!

Jesus Christ, this thread will NEVER end.:ph34r:

You can't have it both ways though.

If they're a new club [note: not company] then they're not responsible for another club's misdemneaours. Thus no transfer embargo, paying of fines, etc.

THIS

I see Sevco were assigned the monicker 'The' Rangers, as they would wish to see themselves, for the League Cup.

Scottish Football, caving in to the cheating lowlife scumbags, left, right & centre.

& people have a cheek to moan about who voted to put them in the first? There was only one club with any sense & they voted to keep them out completely.

A chance in a million to deal a fatal blow to sectarianism in this country, & drive it to the periphery, but they've blown it completely.

THERE WILL BE NO LEAGUE RECONSTRUCTION, & within 3 seasons it will be business as usual.

Integrity? Those running the show wouldn't know it if it kicked them in the balls.

In my eyes it's the same club if they transfer over the existing SFA membership, taking the sanctions in the process... I don't see how you can say they've the same membership, and carry the negative history (punishable behaviour), yet not carry the positive history (honours etc.).

Others will disagree, I'm sure. Others will cite Leeds/Clachnacuddin/etc. Others still will desire no continuity whatsoever.

OK and I know this will get messy,.

I agree with the idea that good must transfer with bad BUT

what if I had had enough money to create a new club and

requested the transfer of the SFA membership to this club.

Would my new club be Rangers?

I should definitely hope not.

Would it be down to my choice? The SFA's choice?

Over to you.

1342819694[/url]' post='6451511']

Indeed. Their continuing to use the name "Rangers" will cost them a hefty price. This has already been highlighted by Companies House via various Mainstream Media outlets, BBC, STV, SKY, numerous newspapers and by several Independent Investigative Journalists.

I really don't think is true. First, the name on the shirt and in the league table is a brand, not their name for legal purposes, and Green bought the brand. If, for the avoidance of doubt, Green had acquired the assets through OldRangersWereCheatingBigots Ltd. the team could still be called Rangers for footballing purposes and play in their current strip. Second, with regards to the legal name I'm pretty sure the rule is that NewCos can't use old names in circumstances where it might be deemed misleading to the public and creditors. It's hard to argue given the unique nature of football clubs and the publicity involved that anyone can seriously argue that people will be misled in commercial terms by the current company name.

When Fiorentina was reformed Italian insolvency law prevented them from purchasing the IP and thus they had to play as the Viola with a different strip, but they reverted back as soon as they could buy the intellectual property. Here, the IP was explicitly part of the deal. Barring BDO challenging the terms of the sale, they are SevCo, but the team can play as Rangers. The fact we know they died doesn't change the fact they are allowed to use the name.

It's kinda like when a band suffers a messy split and the lead singer tours with a new band and releases kinda crp albums under the old name. Everyone knows its not the same, but they're allowed to do it.

Awesome, I want a diamond swimming pool but I won't pretend it's unfair when I wake up tomorrow and it's not there.

You probably need to distinguish between what you want and what it's reasonable to expect. It'll do your mental health a power of good.

Why is it unreasonable to rid yourself of something that is not good.They will up and leave us in a flash if the English league accepts them,or there is an European league started.So don't try and kid yourself on that we would miss them,they certainly wouldn't miss us.If this had been any other club bar the OF that cheated HMRC for years,we would not be having this discussion.They would have been added to history of clubs that cease to exist in Scotland.

Butter it up any way you want,but they have got off very lightly,everything will be the same in a few years minus their massive debts.They will only gloat at us to remind us that they were too big for us too kill off,when actually all it is,is that our FA has succumed to the temptation of greed.If SKY was not an issue they would have buried Rangers long ago.It just proves how greedy they actually are by now negotiating a 25 match tv deal to watch them in the 3rd,why the feck wasn't there a 25 match deal for the lower divisions before now.

So they may be on paper the most successful side in the world,their fans may gloat on their history.......but when they remove the red,white and blue spectacles and see them as the rest of Scotland does,they will then realise that there is nothing of the last 20 years or more to be proud of Rangers FC for.

1. We're not Scottish football chief.

2. You need to separate the horrible nature of the kunts from the issues at hand.

3. I'm pretty sure that Airdrie fans are the last people who should be taking the moral high ground here. No offence and all that.

The company has gone bust. The team have dropped three divisions, lost all their decent players, will have to go a full year without signing players and have more sanctions to come but, yeah, apart from that what did the Romans ever do for us?

You got a Greenie because my fingers are full of Heineken.

I owe you 2 Reds.

Fair enough. I'd like to hope that you're wrong but we're just putting opinions out there.

FWIW I'd say that what Airdrie subsequently got away with was far more distasteful than simply admitting them to the 3rd division so you can read that precedent either way.

Rangers should have been forced to do what we had to, so it could be carried like a badge of shame for all and sundry to cast up until the end of time (In their case Christmas). They got off lightly.

So, I mentioned it earlier but what's the feeling about the dual-contract and subsequent illegal registration of players? Presumably they didn't dance around that at the meeting. What are the ramifications of that?

Why is it unreasonable to rid yourself of something that is not good.They will up and leave us in a flash if the English league accepts them,or there is an European league started.So don't try and kid yourself on that we would miss them,they certainly wouldn't miss us.If this had been any other club bar the OF that cheated HMRC for years,we would not be having this discussion.They would have been added to history of clubs that cease to exist in Scotland.

Butter it up any way you want,but they have got off very lightly,everything will be the same in a few years minus their massive deb

I'd just like to point out that the English leagues or a fantasy European league would NOT,

repeat NOT, invite a Scottish 3rd Division side to join.

No disrespect to most 3rd Div teams.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Behave yourself. There was no appetite in Scottish football to completely destroy its most successful team and nor should there have been.

I hate Rangers as much as the next man but it would have been vindictive in the extreme to deliberately bury them forever (as much as we might all have enjoyed that outcome). Their crimes are serious and I'm sure there's more punishment to come but I think we need to retain a little bit of perspective here. The reason we hate them (the bigotry, the arrogance, the bully boy tactics) are not related to the current situation and it would be unfair to punish them for the sin of being generally offensive and obnoxious. The last company folded. This new company are trying to keep the football team alive. They've been granted some special dispensation in order to do that but, equally, they have been told that they must also bear some special sanctions if they want to retain the link with the old club. Personally, I think the outcome is entirely fair and proportionate, certainly far more just than what could have been foisted upon us.

F*ck the cnuts, they should be dead and buried.

If the SFA had balls they would've banished them and Scumtic after the disgrace of the 1980 Cup final.

How the f**k can the SPL demand a share of their media rights????:blink:

This is baffling. They probably want Rangers media rights to make up for them not being in the SPL.

The authorities in this country are scandalous.

Anyone noticed the Murray statement now renders any agreement/contract he does sign with the SFA null and void .. as he will only be signing it 'under duress' (which makes a an agreement/contract illegal or unenforceable)

He has stated it for and on the the record in the public domain ...

What the f**k will the SFA do now at short notice ... 'just accept them signing it' ?

Someone should email the SFA and ask them what they plan to do about it ...

Personally I think they should now be fcuking booted out ....

They will be. Goodbye Sevco/Rangers.

I really don't think is true. First, the name on the shirt and in the league table is a brand, not their name for legal purposes, and Green bought the brand. If, for the avoidance of doubt, Green had acquired the assets through OldRangersWereCheatingBigots Ltd. the team could still be called Rangers for footballing purposes and play in their current strip. Second, with regards to the legal name I'm pretty sure the rule is that NewCos can't use old names in circumstances where it might be deemed misleading to the public and creditors. It's hard to argue given the unique nature of football clubs and the publicity involved that anyone can seriously argue that people will be misled in commercial terms by the current company name.

When Fiorentina was reformed Italian insolvency law prevented them from purchasing the IP and thus they had to play as the Viola with a different strip, but they reverted back as soon as they could buy the intellectual property. Here, the IP was explicitly part of the deal. Barring BDO challenging the terms of the sale, they are SevCo, but the team can play as Rangers. The fact we know they died doesn't change the fact they are allowed to use the name.

It's kinda like when a band suffers a messy split and the lead singer tours with a new band and releases kinda crp albums under the old name. Everyone knows its not the same, but they're allowed to do it.

so, are we saying rangers are the equivalent of 'beady eye'? Or after a few defeats with bairns and big lee more like 'bonehead's oasis' at butlins @ bognor in ten years time....with no other original members left (a bit like the **** front line soon)!!