Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Some media types had a dig at us 'internet knuckledraggers' for apparently kicking a club when they were down, and for wanting nothing less than to see them 'do a Third Lanark' and die.

Seems to me that those in charge of the entity formerly owned by Craig Whyte are whinging like fcuk because they wanted SPL status, no sanctions, no fines, no bans, no embargoes, no restrictions, and all their titles, cups, history, and 5-star logos left alone.

They are the people after all.

And if the internet football community had been about 40 odd years ago. Third Lanark might have lived to tell the tale. If you can sift through the "football web" stuff, you'll generally find that most internet fans know right from wrong. Diametrically opposed to the pandering tabloid bollocks we've had to endure for so long in this country. Dismiss P&B at your peril.

Behave yourself. There was no appetite in Scottish football to completely destroy its most successful team and nor should there have been.

Try telling that to the many voices on this forum then,they have more than wanted rid of the vile bigotry and cheating of this so called Scotlands most successful team.For months now,and well over 3000 pages,many have said worse than i have in saying a chance was missed to rid of this.

And it was.Same name,same strip,same stadium,same fanbase,So basically nothing will have changed except they get to write off over £100 million pounds of debt from tax evasion and cheating.

No, I disagree there, and regardless they're probably going to produce one of the longest and most illustrious (honours-wise etc.) SFA memberships existing before the Friday 27th deadline.

I'm really not trying to be picky here but can we make it clear, is it a new club/team/company or not?

If a new entity, no problems.

If some b*****disation of Rangers then we are back in the mire.

There has to be some definitive clarification of what we are discussing.

eta b*****disation isn't an offensive word, mods.

Next you'll be censoring Scunthorpe.

Edited by cyderspaceman

I'm really not trying to be picky here but can we make it clear, is it a new club/team/company or not?

If a new entity, no problems.

If some b*****disation of Rangers then we are back in the mire.

There has to be some definitive clarification of what we are discussing.

In my eyes it's the same club if they transfer over the existing SFA membership, taking the sanctions in the process... I don't see how you can say they've the same membership, and carry the negative history (punishable behaviour), yet not carry the positive history (honours etc.).

Others will disagree, I'm sure. Others will cite Leeds/Clachnacuddin/etc. Others still will desire no continuity whatsoever.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Indeed. Their continuing to use the name "Rangers" will cost them a hefty price. This has already been highlighted by Companies House via various Mainstream Media outlets, BBC, STV, SKY, numerous newspapers and by several Independent Investigative Journalists.

This is nonsense.

Actually; we don't get on, I have the wounds to prove it.

My wife's cat.:)

But he is quite handsome.

Denis, named after the great man.

Similarities abound.....

DenisHealey300.jpg

Denis !!! After Healy presumably with that furry brow

:rolleyes:

@rangersfctrust: STV confirm they will no longer use "new" Rangers after the membership has been transferred. Will BBC follow?

:o

So the RFC supporters trust expects that media outlets dont say New or Newco and pretend there's a continuity?

Try telling that to the many voices on this forum then,they have more than wanted rid of the vile bigotry and cheating of this so called Scotlands most successful team.For months now,and well over 3000 pages,many have said worse than i have in saying a chance was missed to rid of this.

1. We're not Scottish football chief.

2. You need to separate the horrible nature of the kunts from the issues at hand.

3. I'm pretty sure that Airdrie fans are the last people who should be taking the moral high ground here. No offence and all that.

And it was.Same name,same strip,same stadium,same fanbase,So basically nothing will have changed except they get to write off over £100 million pounds of debt from tax evasion and cheating.

The company has gone bust. The team have dropped three divisions, lost all their decent players, will have to go a full year without signing players and have more sanctions to come but, yeah, apart from that what did the Romans ever do for us?

I was one of those who was not against newco being admitted to SFL3 and think they probably had more to offer than any other potential applicant. However I find it funny people trying to rationalise the SFA's treatment of them. I don't think there's much rationale about it at all. A signing ban that's going to allow them to sign players is farcical, it also takes no cognisance of 'Rangers' going to the CofS.

Regan has previously shown his complicity in helping newco, I only hope UEFA stand firm on any matters such as football debt that they have some involvement in.

In my eyes it's the same club if they transfer over the existing SFA membership, taking the sanctions in the process... I don't see how you can say they've the same membership, and carry the negative history (punishable behaviour), yet not carry the positive history (honours etc.).

Others will disagree, I'm sure. Others will cite Leeds/Clachnacuddin/etc. Others still will desire no continuity whatsoever.

My preference would have been that no punishments carry over and the history dies. That would give the new club a decent shout at establishing itself while simultaneously trying to wipe out the fan behaviours that need to change.

That won't happen now,

20120613_rip-rangers.jpg

@rangersfctrust: STV confirm they will no longer use "new" Rangers after the membership has been transferred. Will BBC follow?

:o

So the RFC supporters trust expects that media outlets dont say New or Newco and pretend there's a continuity?

All the more reason for us to keep referring to them as Newco then.

My preference would have been that no punishments carry over and the history dies. That would give the new club a decent shout at establishing itself while simultaneously trying to wipe out the fan behaviours that need to change.

That won't happen now,

That was my preference too

In my eyes it's the same club if they transfer over the existing SFA membership, taking the sanctions in the process..

The club was liquidated. It's time Rangers fans, blazers like yourself and mealy-mouthed sycophants across the country deals with it.

The company has gone bust. The team have dropped three divisions, lost all their decent players, will have to go a full year without signing players and have more sanctions to come but, yeah, apart from that what did the Romans ever do for us?

A greenie for your level headed analysis over the past few pages.