Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Double contracts won't/can't be resolved until the Big Tax Case is announced which should be any day now...

It would be hilarious if the result went the way of Rangers.

How much of the Oldco does Di Stefano own?

Double contracts won't/can't be resolved until the Big Tax Case is announced which should be any day now...

Why?

Even if the EBTs are completely legal, the club still failed to declare contractual payments to the players.

Vglad your not my accountant that's utter knicker wetting pish! Nae offence but the rfff barely raised enough to cover one weeks payroll...

It's a bit pointless having a 5 or 10 year bet So I won't say betcha BUT in 5 or so years I am certain a good pr machine could easy start a campaign of the boys are back in town make sure our old enemy's know it buy your shares in rangers today we never done walking away send cheques to .......

The muppets will go for it I promis u.

I could see a long wait for that. Given how long the tribunal's been considering it already, I think they'll be waiting to see what the liquidators come up with before deciding. Don't think BDO have even started work yet.

Why?

Even if the EBTs are completely legal, the club still failed to declare contractual payments to the players.

isn't the crux of he matter that the payments were loans and not contracts hence they paid no tax? If the court rules the payments weren't contractual then clearly there weren't two contracts.

It's a bit pointless having a 5 or 10 year bet So I won't say betcha BUT in 5 or so years I am certain a good pr machine could easy start a campaign of the boys are back in town make sure our old enemy's know it buy your shares in rangers today we never done walking away send cheques to .......

David Murray tried something similar when he tried to sell shares in Rangers to generate money. That was when they were successful and he was someone they trusted and it failed badly.

Green? They won't even give him £150 for a season ticket.

Transfer embargo, meh.....

I guess it could be regarded as good decision made. No-one is truly happy with it, no-one is going to threaten to tear down civilisation because of it.

From some of the reactions on here, I think people are still concerned that, somehow, a good fairy is going to magically appear and make all of the financial constraints on Sevco vanish.

I just can't see it happening, they have large overheads, only some of which can be minimised and a vastly reduced income - bearing in mind they were already running at a loss.

Indeed. They are guilty of issuing "dual-contracts".

Fact No.1 - They did issue EBT's = They did issue "dual-contracts".

Fact No.2 - Whether the EBT's were legal or not is not relevant in regards to their breaking rules/cheating by issuing "dual-contracts".

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Scottish FA@Scottish_FA To clarify - Rangers transfer embargo is one full year covering two windows - Jan and Aug 2013

Expand

It would still "cover" the window if the window closed on 1st September. It doesn't say "two full windows". It's not that important anyway - they can sign free transfers and emergency loans as of 1st September 2013 anyway.

David Murray tried something similar when he tried to sell shares in Rangers to generate money. That was when they were successful and he was someone they trusted and it failed badly.

Green? They won't even give him £150 for a season ticket.

Please believe me when I say I HOPE your right

If it's a condition of the membership then I think they will.

It's a massive slap in the face for the Rangers fans and IMO much more humiliating than a 12 month transfer ban or even going to Division 3.

Indeed it is which is why Campbell Ogilvie's SFA wont do it. As has been seen, they have been/are bending over backwards to be lenient on the bigoted cheats. They won't touch the history of their pet club.

They didn't when sdm tried a share issue and when oldco had revenue from spl and Cl crowds spl and Cl TV money and big sponsorship deals no one reputable would buy them for a pound ffs. You clearly dont get the thirty million pound shortfall thing that bill Miller noticed when they were an spl side!