Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So lets see if they persuade Ian Black, Fran Sandaza, Derek Riordon and whoever the f**k else they claim they can sign.

I still half expect them to struggle persuading 2nd division reserve players.

A few of my Rangers supporting mates are saying the youth players they have + guys like McCulloch will easily be enough to win the league. I just looked at some of the "promising youth players" Rangers have had over the years on that site: Iain Chambers, Steven McAdam, David Young, Kirk Willoughby, Michael Stone....

Play offs at best if this transfer ban is in place

McCulloch might want to stay but at £20,000 a week I doubt Green wants him. I think the same goes for Wallace, Broadfoot and Alexander.

There was talk of even Hutton being on more than £1000 a week at Rangers. No wonder they went bust.

There was a bit of a wankfest by some Thistle fans overs Hutton. To be honest outwith the 5-0 game against Morton he was average at best. He performances against County were abysmal. He might be good enough for the 3rd though.

SFA thingy

Sevco Scotland Ltd have also undertaken to accept all other outstanding conditions relating to Oldco’s charges of bringing the game into disrepute. The conditional offer of transfer will now be submitted to the Appellate Tribunal for its consideration. This will form part of the approval process for the transfer of membership which, once approved, will enable Rangers FC to take a considerable step towards participating in Irn Bru Division Three.

not "if"?

Well well. What a surprise. Campbell Ogilivie's SFA yet again fail to punish their favourite club appropriately. Pathetic but predictable. Scottish football authorities again prove they are corrupt to the core.

I've commented a few times that I don't know if I really accept Sevco as being Rangers. My views tend to change on a day to day basis, but my overriding feeling at the moment is that it's little more than a cynical commercial venture that will likely pander to the lowest common denominator of the support to keep the money rolling in.

I like to think I'm a pretty objective person - I don't often let emotion override the facts - and I'm not naive enough to think the argument that Rangers are dead has no merit. In the same way, I can see Sevco as having the right to claim itself as a "spiritual successor", which fans may quite legitimately choose to affiliate themselves with or not as the case may be. I won't criticise anyone for taking either option. In 50 years, people will see Sevco as Rangers in much the same way as Hibernian today are credited with the 1887 Scottish Cup, despite being disbanded and then reformed in the interim period.

My love for football is still strong though. I'll certainly continue going to matches (to contradict what I said above, I am really looking forward to watching the Queens Park games), but I'm going to take the opportunity to sample the atmosphere of some of my local clubs also. I'll need to feel my way into the season...

In short, I'll be going to watch the football as per usual... but possibly not always at Ibrox.

I ALWAYS appreciate what you say - I've gotten too used to reading SevcoMedia and getting riled, so coming here to take the pish! I STILL can't feel bad for your loss to you or the nice version of No.8 as by definition you've tolerated/accepted the crap with your Billy Boy cohorts at games.

I can't go to the 1st round of the Cup as I'd be subjected to the intolerable atmoshphere and Billy Boys singing @ proddieland and our bus/people would probably be attacked if we gub youz. That puts me off fitba and why since 14 Feb I've wanted Ranjurs deid.

Well well. What a surprise. Campbell Ogilivie's SFA yet again fail to punish their favourite club appropriately. Pathetic but predictable. Scottish football authorities again prove they are corrupt to the core.

Are they still stripping titles?

Next summers transfer window will almost certainly shut on the 2nd of September 2013 (August 31st is a Saturday).

So for withholding £14m in tax in 7 months Rangers get banned from signing players next January.

That sounds about right. :rolleyes:

Not starting til September?! I think the good news for the Orcs is that the SFA are linking the old and new Rangers, and as soon as the sanctions go over, so does the history as we cant have it both ways. Therefore the five stars stay, and the titles stay

what a joke, imo the transfer ban should start immediately,not 1st sept,

I wonder what the legal view of this is after all, the CoS said the transfer ban was not in their[sfa] remitmad.gif

cpuld this be the sfa in contempt of court?

Nope, it's no longer a punishment, it's a condition of membership. There's no legal hangups here whatsoever.

It's also not being imposed, Green was perfectly entitled to reject it and let the tribunal resit and likely suspend them for a year - this is by far the sensible option to take, if they can't bring in players in the next 40 days to tide them over for D3 and D2 then somebody's been doing their homework wrong.

So the embargo starts when the window closes but they then cant buy anyone in January or in the July/August 2012 transfer window? Better start buying everyone they can.

No doubt the numpty fans will say its completely unlawful and wrong and prejudiced and biased and racist and unfair and a conspiracy and anything else that comes into their bile filled brains.

McCulloch might want to stay but at £20,000 a week I doubt Green wants him. I think the same goes for Wallace, Broadfoot and Alexander.

There was talk of even Hutton being on more than £1000 a week at Rangers. No wonder they went bust.

There was a bit of a wankfest by some Thistle fans overs Hutton. To be honest outwith the 5-0 game against Morton he was average at best. He performances against County were abysmal. He might be good enough for the 3rd though.

I think you'll find that Hutton was good by SFL1 standards, but the two other loan Rangers, Cole and Naismith, were largely anonymous (although Cole v Livingston was actual pish).

Hutton will be better than SFL3 standard, but whether his ego can take a battering week after week is another thing entirely.