Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm guessing it's one of 3 things:

1. Desperately trying to convince the owners of Blue Pitch Holdings to come out of cover so he can get an SFA license.
  2. Desperately trying to cover up something to do with Blue Pitch Holdings so that 1) becomes possible.
  3. Desperately trying to find additional investors so he has working capital to pay wages and sign players before the transfer embargo kicks in.

Whatever he's away doing, it's being done in desperation.

Edit: to say, it's additionally strange that he's chosen now to go quiet as he needs the supporters' confidence in order to sell season tickets. Inducing panic isn't going to help him shift seats.

You might know better than I, but trying to work thru Blue Pitch, I was left with the impression that one of the names was Geneva based. Maybe I'm putting 2 and 2 together to come up with 6 but it leads me to think the 'going to Switzerland to meet UEFA' thing was actually a cover story for meeting with this 'leading light' to discuss what to do now placed in the 3rd. Sound plausible? Seems a strange time otherwise to disappear off the radar (say seeking new investors) when your whole future in terms of a licence is at stake this week.

Edited by Claymores

In a week that could ultimately end old Rangers and newco Rangers it has been overly quiet.

Has Green been dragging his feet over the membership as he has got fed up and wants out?

I can but dream.

You mean there WON'T be a money spinning friendly against Olympiacos?

Just looked at the Olympiakos website ( google translation is a great tool) ..quess what not a mention about being asked to play any glamour match against Sevco 5088

Yes, all the orcs who bought a number 12 shirt will now be showing their allegiance

to a variable substitute.:lol:

They just keep giving, ohh , ma sides.

Forgive my ignorance here, but what's the story with number 12 shirt?

I've seen references here to it being retired, but now required in a league that doesn't operate squad numbers.

Why was it retired though? What's the significance, other than representing the year they died?

You might know better than I, but trying to work thru Blue Pitch, I was left with the impression that one of the names was Geneva based. Maybe I'm putting 2 and 2 together to come up with 6 but it leads me to think the UEFA thing was the cover story for meeting with this 'leading light' to discuss the way ahead now placed in the 3rd. Sound plausible? Seems a strange time otherwise to disappear off the radar (say seeking new investors) when your whole future in terms of a licence is at stake this week.

It seems entirely plausible. In fact the UEFA story seems the least likely explanation, given A) they've already said they want nothing to do with it, B) they have repeatedly said that they frown on clubs not paying football debts, and C) Green is running a 3rd division Scottish club with no european involvement for at least 4 years.

I'm sure the real story lies entirely behind the reason not to award the club an SFA license as yet. If we look at the possibilities in turn:

1. It's to do with title stripping: this seems unlikely, as the SFA could do this whenever they like, irrespective of granting a license.
  2. It's to do with the transfer embargo: possible, but a one month reprieve seems long enough to sell the senior players on big wages and to buy in a set of players capable of winning division two. Unless, there's zero working capital.
  3. It's to do with BPH: If Green is the only person to know BPH's true identity, then it accounts for the fact he's not at the most important meeting the club are involved in. It's also ridiculous that this information hasn't been forthcoming before now, given that it is a prerequisite for membership. Is anybody keeping track to see if any other shareholders remain to emerge?

Of course, there was also that story about CW jetting out to Geneva on the same day, but given that there was no corroborating evidence, I'm pretty sure that was entirely BS. smile.gif

Edited by Huistrinho

What if newco got a deal with greggs to have a steak bake as the new mascot, green tried on the costume and in walked fat Sally??

Be nothing left of him

Rip hughie 'steak bake' green :(

I've seen references here to it being retired, but now required in a league that doesn't operate squad numbers.

Why was it retired though? What's the significance, other than representing the year they died?

It was incase they were club 12

Or the fans were the 12th man.

Because, hilariously, the fans are the 12th man. So retiring the shirt was, somehow, a tribute to the wonderful fans at Ibrox. I kid you not.

They 'retired' the No 12 and dedicated it to the fans.

The 12th man if you like, to say thanks for all their support.

Snigger

Sorry.:)

Retired in honour of their twelfth man.... the loyal bears! Would bring a tear to a glass eye, so it would.

In other news, over here in Menorca, I was enjoying a mid-morning coffee at the bar when a slightly portly young chap - perhaps 16 or 17 (stones and/or years) - rolls up in his TCFKAR top. Oh dear. I had to restrain my mirth (I'm a middle aged man, after all), but it seemed that several other people nearby were less willing to follow suit. He could be in for a week or two of pain and ridicule.

I blame his parents.

Anyone currently at home, maybe browsing on an iPad or similar device? Flick the telly over to BBC 1 to get an idea of what the four stands at Sevco home games will look like this season... If they ever play one that is.

There is an infinite number of ridiculous statements to play with "If they play on the streets, then we shall follow from the pavements....until police forbid it due to the safety risks involved". I saw someone on facebook with the whole shite about streets/pavement, yet her nor any of her family have ever been to Ibrox. rolleyes.gif

:lol: :lol: thats from the thread that got me banned. :ph34r:

Anyone currently at home, maybe browsing on an iPad or similar device? Flick the telly over to BBC 1 to get an idea of what the four stands at Sevco home games will look like this season... If they ever play one that is.

It even features a team pretending to be British.