Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Is everyone else just having tremendous fun at work, out and about, everywhere?

I have never heard so many quiet Sevco fans as I have over the last 3 weeks. You need to drag a conversation about it out of them laugh.giflaugh.gif

I cannot remember a period of 5 months in my life where I have had so much happiness.

The film tax scheme does exist - I heard of it a few years back second hand from reasonably high-profile player, now manager. Not a celtic player either. It isn't anything like tax evasion - it's investment as an alternative to straight tax. I'm not saying it's spot-on morally by any means - but it's a bit different from withholding NI and PAYE from wages and using it as working capital! It's also completely different from secret second contracts which was cheating in a sporting sense (it was forbidden by SFA rules).

Non-story.

I think the scheme was introduced when Broon was chancellor as a way of funding the UK film industry. Don't know how successful it has been but the scheme is legal, just like EBT's, but the issue was not the scheme but how Rangers b*****dised that scheme as way of paying players their demands which they could not afford and used the tax exemption as a way of giving the players the same net wage.

So I take it the agents of those players who received cover letters must have also been aware of the duplicity , given that they are Licensed by the footballing authorities would they also be liable ? A question to ask I suppose

Players pay taxes, not employers.

Yes the players did , put Rangers did not pass that onto the Tax office , basically fraud .

The players involved with the EBT's may get demands to pay tax on earnings but it is the employer who will incur the penalties as they were responsible on how they paid their employees. I am no rocket scientist but you don't have to be to see the clear fault lays at the door of Murray and then Whyte.

Can someone ask with all the counter suing why SDM who Whyte 'duped' and he was responsible in carrying out due diligence why he never sought to take legal action against Whyte ?rolleyes.gif

Is everyone else just having tremendous fun at work, out and about, everywhere?

I have never heard so many quiet Sevco fans as I have over the last 3 weeks. You need to drag a conversation about it out of them laugh.giflaugh.gif

I cannot remember a period of 5 months in my life where I have had so much happiness.

So true. I have 4 of them on my floor in work. The usual kind, dont go to games but tell you everything you dont want to hear about football. Three of them this week are sitting with headphones on, the other is off sick....hahahaha

Edited by Sting777

The transfer embargo should be applied immediately, Sevco shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone at all for an absolute minimum of one season and for every year thereafter where their footballing debts are not paid in full.

To allow Sevco a time frame to sign players i.e. Until 1st September would be wrong and gives them a benefit of actually taking the SFA to court. The embargo must be applied immediatley.

What is this because of th reduction in the Army ? If only some people paid their taxes

No, it's to fight against some conspiracy or other which is threatening to usurp and demean the realm, based in some Mediterranean micro-state. :blink:

If we take Green at face value (it may be a stretch to do so), then his objective is to make money, and do it as quickly as possible ... Anyway, assuming Sevco doesn't go into administration in the next 6 months, time will tell!

Yes, he insisted from the off that he, personally, was in it only for the short term, and that he saw it as a business investment.

Still no licence though, not many season tickets sold, the millions from players he thought he could horse trade look unlikely.

I'm wondering what the losses are at the present time? It must cost a few quid just to keep Ibrox open, football or not.

As some have said, maybe he doesn't want a licence and is positioning himself to fail? He could sell to yet another group and still make a profit for himself. Or do they just want to trade the property?

The thick plottens!

Edited by Danish Pastry

The best bit was gers fans screaming for coisty to get sacked after dun utd put them out the cup before a knuckle dragging comment about not walking away and a dose of administration had the same fans scurrying to buy " official coisty says we don't do walking away " t shirts this was a couple of months before coisty himself decided to walk away then walked away from walking away

I read a theory somewhere, maybe on here, which is very plausible, and it was that the "Ally walking away" story was a plant by Jabba to try to twist CG's arm to sell to the Cardigan Consortium, whose bid just happened to arise at the same time.

Back to this from RTC,

the taxman cometh says:

19/07/2012 at 6:17 pm

9 0 Rate This

Why would Charles Green be calling the Brechin Chairman and why are Clyde being all secretive about it?

Have to wait till tomorrow apparently

Is Charlie negotiating a loan of strips?

Robin Galloway Radio Clyde wind up apparently

A question was asked the other day as to why there is such a fascination with Wills and Kate in the Orc Hordes, and there was a comment, way back, on the fact that the shitey wee guy who’s the kitman at Ibrox had given everyone there a cake (something like that) on the day of the royal wedding. I meant to respond earlier, so apologies for my tardiness (not tarriness)

At the moment Oor Wills is 2nd in line to the throne.

When his Granny pops her clogs or his Daddy checks oot, he will then be 1st in line to the throne.

When the other one eventually ceases to be, he will ascend the throne and will then be

King..

William.

Who will be known to the Orcs as………………..?????? answers on a postcard to……………..

(this competition is for Rangers knuckle draggers so no looking at the competition address for clues)

King Billy Competition

c/o PnB

1690 Regent Street

(Ian) PAISLEY

PA1 1AN

Thus the second coming.

Green says if CVA not agreed Rangers will lose their History

CVA not agreed

Walter tries to buy assets an hour after they're sold

Walter Walks Away

These two pairings gave me a chuckle. Red dot due to fat fingers - will make good elsewhere.

Borys

Edited by Borys