Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yawn that's like saying Neville Chamberlain was a better politician than Churchill. Simply being passive as fans is precisely why Scottish football has rotted or twenty year. The battered wife syndrome has gone on too long . To try to denigrate fans for pushing the issues of basic integrity is risible. By your model of fan nothing would ever change for the better and clubs could treat the fans as profit centres. Its high time the boards know they are answerable and accountable.

Rotted for twenty years? Greatly outperforming expectations in Europe and having the highest % of population going to football in the world? Our fans are anything but passive blink.gif

The boards are answerable and accountable, they can be criticised and pressurized. However, threatening to abandon your club (or sorry - repeatedly threatening to abandon your club) is just too far. The people who did this are not fans, and I've made that position abundantly clear throughout.

Unless some benefactor steps forward and bankrolls them they'll be well and truly dead before the seasons out, that's if they even start in the first place :lol:

My whole point! I dont se them starting certainly not finishing season. Hell mend em no one to blame but themselves

What makes them think they have a choice on whether or not to accept the trophies being stripped?

WE ARE NOT RANGERS SUPPORTERS BY CHANCE OR BY SOME QUIRK OF FATE WE ARE RANGERS SUPPORTERS BECAUSE ALMIGHTY GOD HAS CHOSEN US TO BE , WE ARE THE PEOPLE

( BECAUSE THATS THE WAY GOD WANTS IT )

Rotted for twenty years? Greatly outperforming expectations in Europe and having the highest % of population going to football in the world? Our fans are anything but passive blink.gif

The boards are answerable and accountable, they can be criticised and pressurized. However, threatening to abandon your club (or sorry - repeatedly threatening to abandon your club) is just too far. The people who did this are not fans, and I've made that position abundantly clear throughout.

Because you dont approve of someone's method of expression does not negate them being fans. That's an utterly childish logic. Of course they ate fans you just disagree with them. In that we have punched above our weight historically yes we have but twenty five odd years ago we always qualified for wc and we were winning euro club tourneys. Now today the national team doesn't qualify at all and our best club teams dont get past first round. Until this summer our diddy fans allowed the status quo to hinder chances of improvement but now they have found a voice...this certainly for the best

going to google' Charles Green Male Model' now...

Please don't.

Because you dont approve of someone's method of expression does not negate them being fans. That's an utterly childish logic. Of course they ate fans you just disagree with them. In that we have punched above our weight historically yes we have but twenty five odd years ago we always qualified for wc and we were winning euro club tourneys. Now today the national team doesn't qualify at all and our best club teams dont get past first round. Until this summer our diddy fans allowed the status quo to hinder chances of improvement but now they have found a voice...this certainly for the best

]It has nothing to do with whether I approve it or not. Being a fan, or supporter, implies you stick with that entity through to, use a cliche, "thick and thin". If you so readily abandon the club due to influences outwith their control then you are not a fan. People said they would abandon Scottish football even if their chairman voted the way they wanted them to vote. These people are not fans. Or even if I didn't agree with how Stewart Gilmour had voted, so what? I'm not a Stewart Gilmour fan, St. Mirren transcends him and every other individual on the board. It's bigger than them and my support does not rely on me agreeing with their actions.Oh and as recently as 2008 we were ranked the 10th best nation in Europe. That's an astonishing achievement for a tiny country like Scotland.

Edited by Supras

What makes them think they have a choice on whether or not to accept the trophies being stripped?

... because they are Rangers, they are the people, they are a special case, they are above the law, etc, etc...

(See pages 1 - 3000 for details) :)

WE ARE NOT RANGERS SUPPORTERS BY CHANCE OR BY SOME QUIRK OF FATE WE ARE RANGERS SUPPORTERS BECAUSE ALMIGHTY GOD HAS CHOSEN US TO BE , WE ARE THE PEOPLE

( BECAUSE THATS THE WAY GOD WANTS IT )

Just heard that the Ramsdens cup match at Brechin is to be shifted to SUN 29th to accomodate BBC ALBA . What will God make of that ? :rolleyes: