Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why are people comparing Rangers' demise to Juventus and their consequential title stripping? To me that's really stupid. Of course they spent way outwith their means for years but is it not a tad different from actually fixing games of football? I'm all for enjoying watching them suffer but changing history is ridiculous in this context.

The reason they are potentially being stripped of titles is that they may have fielded ineligible players in almost every single game between 2001 and 2010.

Uh, reading into things, he has no choice in the matter. Why do you think he spent 4 hours in a meeting and came out with f**k all? huh.gif

Surely 10k per home game is not nearly enough to stay afloat, considering the dosh needed to run ibrox?

End of Feb start of March 2013 reckon they will go into admin again , pick up a 25 point deduction and fail to get promoted, can hear the wailing already................

Uh, reading into things, he has no choice in the matter. Why do you think he spent 4 hours in a meeting and came out with f**k all? huh.gif

Surely 10k per home game is not nearly enough to stay afloat, considering the dosh needed to run ibrox?

Rough estimates see c.20K as a break even point.

Borys

http://www.heraldsco...-title.17952798

its ok everybody - Billy Dodds had never heard of EBT's so it wasnt cheating.

its not a crime until you get caught.

oh, wait a minute....

"I don't care what the SPL tell me, they can't just decide all that is null and void"

YES. YES THEY CAN WILLIAM

better get some new varnish because when you have to remove the tainted medal you won from display and stuff it in your sockdrawer im assuming there is going to be an awful lot of lightfade in the patch it creates on your tropy shelf

deep mahogany should just about cover it

Send in the bailiffs:

My league winner's medal is up at the house, along with the rest. I have a B&Q Cup medal, a First Division winners medal, two League Cup winners medals, a Scottish Cup winners medal and an SPL medal

How easy is it for you to walk away from your club/team.

Why don't you ask the hundreds of posters who make repeated threats to do this throughout this entire thread?

In fact, I'd be pretty shocked if you weren't one of them.

Interesting. Taking that analogy, if you were in marriage counselling and were asked "what qualities does your partner posess, why do you love them?" What would your response be?

I saw my sister's love for them and, at the age of 4, I joined in. Hmmm.... I guess that analogy only stretches so far wink.gif

Interesting. Taking that analogy, if you were in marriage counselling and were asked "what qualities does your partner posess, why do you love them?" What would your response be?

As an outsider, I can't see a fucking thing to like about them.

As an outsider, I can't see a thing to like about Hearts. Or Aberdeen. Or _______

Y'see?

I saw my sister's love for them and, at the age of 4, I joined in. Hmmm.... I guess that analogy only stretches so far wink.gif

I'm not asking you WHY you originally fell in love with them, that's irrelevant.

You said its like a marriage. I'm asking why you stay with them?. What qualities do they possess?

As an outsider, I can't see a thing to like about Hearts. Or Aberdeen. Or _______

Y'see?

Well, we're not cheating, foreign country loving, anti-scottish arseholes...to name a few qualities. smile.gif

"If he caves and takes the transfer embargo you will see crowds nearer to 10,000 at best"

because signing ian black will ensure sevco get a 40k crowd?

rangers fans are known for being "loyal" - but its the distinct lack of loyalty to the club (or shell of club) that is killing them, not the rest of scottish football as is trying to be made out.

old rangers operating costs were £1m a month, but that will be a lot lower now the big earners have scuttled off, the cash to run the team and murray park etc will still be massive compared to any other 1st, 2nd or 3rd division team.

INCIDENTIALLY

on the Sky deal, are sky really trying to say that them providing 4 Old firm games each season is what brings in punters subscriptions?

that big Mick from Walsall was going to be £45 bean a month but the lack of old firm action made him think it wasnt worth it!? bollox!

Surely if they stick the cameras at rangers away games then the same audiences will subscribe? - lets face it, and i dont mean this in a bad way, but the "glamour" of seeing Stmirren v Rangers is somewhere close to having "Peterhead v Rangers" on the Sky planner for audiences outwith Rangers fans themselves.

ANOTHER THING

if its part of the deal to show 4 old firm games why not schedule 4 old firm games then to tie in with International weeks, or pre-season home and away friendlies.

the fact they will be more sparse now will make the clamour for them all the more when they do come around.

and i can almost guarantee there will be 2x old firm games in the cup competitions this year anyway with the hot and cold match fixing - and reagan and doncaster doing the draws haha.

Edited by stucommando

Why don't you ask the hundreds of posters who make repeated threats to do this throughout this entire thread?

In fact, I'd be pretty shocked if you weren't one of them.

He even started a thread about suing United. :o

Worked, didn't it?

Clearly jealous of SPL clubs

Yes, obviously quite bitter. Strange, when you consider his club have only been around for 5 mins.

Still, I guess all the minnows hate everyone who's at the top. smile.gif

and i can almost guarantee there will be 2x old firm games in the cup competitions this year.

You forget that as unseeded diddies Rangers will have to defeat one of the SFL elite teams before a chance of meeting up with their other cheek.

This is one of the funniest things I have read for a while. If anyone, anywhere, starts to feel sorry for them direct that person to this link: http://www.dothebouncy.com/home/showthread.php?47235-Titles-and-cups-to-be-stripped

Today 14:55

DeeBee

DBT Trialist

Re: Titles and cups to be stripped

I am sorry fellow BEARS, but there is no way i would accept this,, no stripping titles,, id rather rangers die and GREEN just sold all the assets than let them do this,, Rangers would die as world record holders 54.. if GREEN Accepts this he hos own, i doubt the bears will back him,,, the SFA has already been warned from FIFA about letting rangers go to court,,, if we want to really punish them we should go back to court,, FIFA WILL go mental,, they already threatened to ban the whole of scotland from all compititions,,, if this is what they want.. give it to them.

tumblr_lasmpzzeeO1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

Not been able to check much during the day so I'm taking an hour out to read, but can I just say :lol: Guy Gisborne.............

"If he caves and takes the transfer embargo you will see crowds nearer to 10,000 at best"

because signing ian black will ensure sevco get a 40k crowd?

rangers fans are known for being "loyal" - but its the distinct lack of loyalty to the club (or shell of club) that is killing them, not the rest of scottish football as is trying to be made out.

old rangers operating costs were £1m a month, but that will be a lot lower now the big earners have scuttled off, the cash to run the team and murray park etc will still be massive compared to any other 1st, 2nd or 3rd division team.

INCIDENTIALLY

on the Sky deal, are sky really trying to say that them providing 4 Old firm games each season is what brings in punters subscriptions?

that big Mick from Walsall was going to be £45 bean a month but the lack of old firm action made him think it wasnt worth it!? bollox!

Surely if they stick the cameras at rangers away games then the same audiences will subscribe? - lets face it, and i dont mean this in a bad way, but the "glamour" of seeing Stmirren v Rangers is somewhere close to having "Peterhead v Rangers" on the Sky planner for audiences outwith Rangers fans themselves.

ANOTHER THING

if its part of the deal to show 4 old firm games why not schedule 4 old firm games then to tie in with International weeks, or pre-season home and away friendlies.

the fact they will be more sparse now will make the clamour for them all the more when they do come around.

and i can almost guarantee there will be 2x old firm games in the cup competitions this year anyway with the hot and cold match fixing - and reagan and doncaster doing the draws haha.

No oldcos costs were not a million a month their LOSSES were over a million a month even with full houses at spl and Cl prices Cl and spl TV money and huge sponsorship deals. Losing some players will not obviate the several million pounds of fixed costs per month including business rates utilities tax ni vat maintenance etc. Even the fantasy attendances of twenty k wont come close to break even

Worked, didn't it?

Yay, successfully blackmailed own club!

And I'll be telling my grand children how I made public threats to abandon it every few days during a crazy month. It's the foundation of a successful relationship, if something is happening that you don't like threaten to leave and keep doing it. Cause it works, right? Wouldn't be surprised if Granny Danger and the like start threatening to abandon their club when pie prices increase next year, they've got a taste for it now. It's the Egyptian Revolution all over again.

From some of the responses I've had here, it sounds like there at least a few on here who have gone through that process and can comment.

IMO it's a difficult thing to do. In fact, I imagine it's very similar to the process gone through by somebody who after 20 years of being happily married finds out that their spouse has been cheating on them. Why do they stay? Because the reality doesn't match their perception of what they fell in love with? Because they can't imagine being with somebody else? Because deep down they think things will change?

Also, not using any of the posters on here as an example. Clearly. smile.gif

On the contrary, as someone who used to go to Fir Park for most home games and travel to the occasional away game through the 90s and into 00s I found it fairly easy to simply stop going (actually I think my first 'Well game was in 1988). That's not to say I lost interest in football or gave up on the game but simply I found other things to do with my time and ultimately I got out of the habit of going to games and the urge to head along at 3pm on a Saturday largely dissipated. It's a different context to the Sevco situation obviously but the tipping point really was the realisation that what I was paying to get into games didn't match the enjoyment I was getting out of going, this was compounded I guess by the fact that I used to go along with my Dad who pretty much felt the same way. For what it's worth I was back at Fir Park a few times last season for literally the first time in years and found the experience enjoyable again. It's a fairly selfish outlook but I've never really been one to subscribe to the whole "support your team no matter what" mantra I guess.

By and large I suppose it depends why you go is it socially driven and you feel included as being part of something, that might be a bit harder to shake but for me it was a case of going to watch a game of football. It's something that depending on the context you can very much take or leave.