Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So the paper leads with a list of ex players who are involved...

Then ends with a quote from brown saying that he hopes wee Barry will be the first of many...

The same paper which has provided quotes from wee Barry... For some reason didn't ask him about dual contracts and ebt payments?

Rangers to be stripped of 5 titles and 4 Scottish Cups. What about the prize money, which no-one has mentioned. This should be added to their debt.

WHAT ABOUT ME LOSING MONEY AT THE BOOKIES IN MORE THAN ONE OF THOSE TROPHIES LISTED ????

I'm out of pocket from losing bets That by rights i should have won

Yeah that'll be them. It's a shame that it developed in that way?

Genuine question: What sort of fanbase (leanings rather than size) do you see the Newco having, at least initially?

Somebody mentioned 40,000+ at Ibrox. I seriously doubt that would be close to the actual figure. It is all guesswork and you have to take in so many factors such as what are Greens plans...How much trust we have in him...If he caves and takes the transfer embargo you will see crowds nearer to 10,000 at best.

As for the crowd leanings. We can look back on the earley 80s when Rangers averaged crowds of between 18-22,000. I would say the majority would fall into the bigot category. The support and society in general has changed quite dramatically since then but i still fear the rise of the bigots could be upon us. The feeling amongst the support really is our backs are against the wall and people are wanting to lash out and instead of getting our heads down and working to try and build bridges i fear some/majority want to fight the footballing autnorities at every turn. I would not be surprised to see a little infighting over the first few weeks of the new season.

If we get a licence ;)

WHAT ABOUT ME LOSING MONEY AT THE BOOKIES IN MORE THAN ONE OF THOSE TROPHIES LISTED ????

I'm out of pocket from losing bets That by rights i should have won

Indeed! There are many more ramifications to Rangers crookedness that everyone should consider that they may not have considered yet.

"On the issue of licensing, I think once we see who/what is behind blue pitch holdings the SFA cannot refuse a license as we will have shown to Duff + Phelps what we need to in regards of a fit and proper persons check (which the SFA themselves failed to do with Whyte after they were informed that he was not paying taxes by Traynor and HMRC failed to flag up until nearly a year later instead of after the first missed payment)."

There is a lot of criteria that Sevco simply dont have, 3 years trading and profits and loss accounts etc.

They are being given special treatment to parachute into division 3, if i was spartans or any other lower league club busily working away always looking for the door to the big boys league to open and this happened i would be turbo threaders!

A lot has been made of Green paying off oldco's football debts (which i think is a shame on the non footballing folk owed money) and this is not an obligation, its more a compromise from Green to ensure there are less hitches to getting an almost "special" license.

Its funny how quite a lot of rangers fans seem hellbent on wanting to destroy every other club for the "punishment" they have dished out, however the truth is there has been a lot of rulebending to get the newco into ANY league in Scotland as the space opened by old Rangers demise would ordinarily mean a good few junior clubs state their case to get in, and if rules were to be adhered to they WOULD gain access over Sevco's application.

So there has not been any real punishment yet, Rangers are out of business, amd a new company formed look to be shoehorned into the vacant space they have created.

Again - how can rangers have played yesterday and what name did they play as?

they dont have a license, therefore the players wont have insurance, and they also dont have a name yet that has been accepted by companies house.

I'm not using any poster on here as an example of this, but......try looking at it from the other side.

Imagine as a Glasgwegian you have been brought up as a Rangers supporter in a family where there is an influence; father, older brother, etc. As a youngster you enjoy being caught up in the frenzy, winning titles/cups, and even the songs and passion that you don't understand but still want to be part of.

Fast forward a few years and you begin to realise what it all means, the small, but sizeable and vocal, bigots; the glory hunters from areas of Scotland that should not have a connection with a Glasgow team; the disdain with which you are held by other fans, a disdain you can understand if not necessarily accept.

How easy is it for you to walk away from your club/team.

Obviously I'm posing this as a dilemma before they went tits up.

Edited by Granny Danger

Somebody mentioned 40,000+ at Ibrox. I seriously doubt that would be close to the actual figure. It is all guesswork and you have to take in so many factors such as what are Greens plans...How much trust we have in him...If he caves and takes the transfer embargo you will see crowds nearer to 10,000 at best.

As for the crowd leanings. We can look back on the earley 80s when Rangers averaged crowds of between 18-22,000. I would say the majority would fall into the bigot category. The support and society in general has changed quite dramatically since then but i still fear the rise of the bigots could be upon us. The feeling amongst the support really is our backs are against the wall and people are wanting to lash out and instead of getting our heads down and working to try and build bridges i fear some/majority want to fight the footballing autnorities at every turn. I would not be surprised to see a little infighting over the first few weeks of the new season.

If we get a licence ;)

Respect for having the honesty to post your true thoughts on the matter. cool.gif

You people are pathetic - anyone familiar with the fall of any corrupt and rancid enterprise, from the Third Reich (& before anyone invokes Godwin's Law, all Godwin's are invariably c**ts so it doesn't count) or Communist Rumania to Northern Rock will be familiar with those seeking to extricate themselves from the aftermath and say how they "never approved of what was going on, but..."

Its a game of football.

Turn the computer off, go outside. Get some fresh air and relax.

Hows this for a Chrissie Prezzie - come the transfer window in January why dont some of the better SPL clubs with promising youngsters or even better established guys loan these to the better 3rd Div sides i.e. a wee bit of help along the way does nobody any harm. You get ma drift!

250 pages ago forum for this pish :P

Why are people comparing Rangers' demise to Juventus and their consequential title stripping? To me that's really stupid. Of course they spent way outwith their means for years but is it not a tad different from actually fixing games of football? I'm all for enjoying watching them suffer but changing history is ridiculous in this context.

How easy is it for you to walk away from your club/team.

From some of the responses I've had here, it sounds like there at least a few on here who have gone through that process and can comment.

IMO it's a difficult thing to do. In fact, I imagine it's very similar to the process gone through by somebody who after 20 years of being happily married finds out that their spouse has been cheating on them. Why do they stay? Because the reality doesn't match their perception of what they fell in love with? Because they can't imagine being with somebody else? Because deep down they think things will change?

Also, not using any of the posters on here as an example. Clearly. smile.gif

Edited by Huistrinho

If he caves and takes the transfer embargo you will see crowds nearer to 10,000 at best.

Uh, reading into things, he has no choice in the matter. Why do you think he spent 4 hours in a meeting and came out with f**k all? huh.gif

Surely 10k per home game is not nearly enough to stay afloat, considering the dosh needed to run ibrox?

Ok. I am not supposed to name this group but i'll try and give you a few wee clues.

The name is in 3 parts.

Part 1...Like a lorry but smaller and ryhmes with .... MAN.

Parts 2....G4S don't have enough Security G_ _ _ _ s.

Part 3...They shit in the woods...supposedly.

;)

Check out the challenge question on the sign up page!:o

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/dont-take-away-my-title.17952798

its ok everybody - Billy Dodds had never heard of EBT's so it wasnt cheating.

its not a crime until you get caught.

oh, wait a minute....

"I don't care what the SPL tell me, they can't just decide all that is null and void"

YES. YES THEY CAN WILLIAM

better get some new varnish because when you have to remove the tainted medal you won from display and stuff it in your sockdrawer im assuming there is going to be an awful lot of lightfade in the patch it creates on your tropy shelf

deep mahogany should just about cover it

From some of the responses I've had here, it sounds like there at least a few on here who have gone through that process and can comment.

IMO it's a difficult thing to do. In fact, I imagine it's very similar to the process gone through by somebody who after 20 years of being happily married finds out that their spouse has been cheating on them. Why do they stay? Because the reality doesn't match their perception of what they fell in love with? Because they can't imagine being with somebody else? Because deep down they think things will change?

Also, not using any of the posters on here as an example. Clearly. smile.gif

Interesting. Taking that analogy, if you were in marriage counselling and were asked "what qualities does your partner posess, why do you love them?" What would your response be?

As an outsider, I can't see a fucking thing to like about them.

Edited by Jambos