Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ok so five titles and four scottish cups are to be stripped from the corpse. what about the league cups? Will they be awsrded to cheated finalists? Certainly hope so. ayr united 2002 league cup willers (default)!!

Indeed what about League Cups? United stand to gain the 2008 League Cup if they are suddenly being stripped of titles. I`m still not convinced handing out titles/cups retrospectively is the way to go. Nothing will make up for the disappointment of losing on penalties after outplaying them that afternoon. I think leaving titles/cups with an asterisk to their name will leave a greater mark as to what an utter embarrassment RFC were to Scottish football.

Sure enough pozbaird. Absolutely tearstained! What really made me laugh was the 'list of partners' on the Rangers site, including a platinum Rangers mastercard. Who the f**k is gonna have the brassneck to try and pay for a substantial purchase with that? Cue sniggers as it's proffered over.......and total humiliation when it's declined!

I know this is off topic to this brilliant point and laugh thread, but really???

I don't think I've ever read anything so I'll informed. Henry the 8th may have separated the church of England from Rome for his own means but he certainly didn't instigate the reformation.

I take it you haven't heard of Martin Luther?

The reformation started in earnest with his publication of his "Ninety-Five Theses". The main push behind this was his protest against the Catholic Churches practice of selling indulgences (very basically, selling absolution in exchange for cash or other recompense).

Like the SFA and Charles Green ref oldco history?

Sure enough pozbaird. Absolutely tearstained! What really made me laugh was the 'list of partners' on the Rangers site, including a platinum Rangers mastercard. Who the f**k is gonna have the brassneck to try and pay for a substantial purchase with that? Cue sniggers as it's proffered over.......and total humiliation when it's declined!

Their website is still advertising SPL matches at SPL prices in the various corporate suites. Can't imagine £235 for a place in the Thornton Suite will be achievable for games against Annan Athletic (no offence) in front of possibly 10,000 - or an attendance of zero if Bomber turns up with a baseball bat and stops punters from entering.

Looks like a slow lingering death for them as things stand, with Bomber and others poised to lay claim to the moral right to become a new entity once Charlie Boy is seen off.

Indeed what about League Cups? United stand to gain the 2008 League Cup if they are suddenly being stripped of titles. I`m still not convinced handing out titles/cups retrospectively is the way to go. Nothing will make up for the disappointment of losing on penalties after outplaying them that afternoon. I think leaving titles/cups with an asterisk to their name will leave a greater mark as to what an utter embarrassment RFC were to Scottish football.

I'm also pretty disinterested with the whole title thing. Also about what they call themselves in the future.

Anyone who knows anything about Scottish football (and arguably the Scottish psyche) knows that we have long memories. Fans of newco will never be allowed to forget what their predecessors did and that they went bust.

Edited by Granny Danger

Motherwell got pumped so badly in our league cup final loss against them that I'd be embarrassed to get it retrospectively. Stripping titles is one thing (and I think should happen) - but awarding to others is problematic and shouldn't happen IMO.

As has been mentioned before, there is no fair way to retrospectively award Cups. Who's to say in that 2008 League Cup that Dundee Utd would have beaten Hearts (who lost to Rangers in their semi) or Motherwell (who lost to Rangers in the last 8 ) or even East Fife (who lost to Rangers in the 3rd round).

League titles? Possibly, but preferrably not.

Cup wins? No way.

Edited by Spain

Will Rangers still run out to 'Simply the Best'?

If so, that'd be just about as funny as anything so far. :lol:

Not as funny as seeing those Irn Bru patches on the sleeves. That's going to be the moment where reality will hit, and I fully intend to allow myself a few LOL moments..Fizzy pop league for this pish.... and all that jazz.

Edited by pozbaird

Not as funny as seeing those Irn Bru patches on the sleeves. That's going to be the moment where reality will hit, and I fully intend to allow myself a few LOL moments..Fizzy pop league for this pish.... and all that jazz.

:lol:

I almost wish LOL@Celtic still posted here.

"Fizzy pop league -------------------------------------------> That way"

Will Rangers still run out to 'Simply the Best'?

If so, that'd be just about as funny as anything so far. :lol:

"We're simply bust, buster than all the rest, buster than anyone, and we're in serious debt,

we're stuck through the heart, just don't believe a word we say,

we're all torn apart, baby, we will soon be dead"