Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

These shares are ownership shares are they not? Then surely the problem would be SPL disbursements (first tranche of income due in first week of August I understand) would then have to be split 13 ways including oldco Rangers (in administration) rather than 12 ways.

It could perhaps be done but then the SPL would have to have a mechanism for cancelling the oldco's share. Given their track record of expertise shown so far in judging this whole sorry mess you would have to share the other members lack of confidence that this would be successful.

The spare four shares are in case of SPL expansion to max 16 clubs and will not be used for any other reasons of convenience, I would suggest.

Not that I think there's actually anything to this story in the first place as it's probably straw-clutching pish from a Rangers supporting journalist, but surely the SPL do have a mechanism for cancelling the oldco's share? They have no stadium, therefore don't meet SPL criteria and can be punted, having the share taken from them if they refuse to transfer it.

Not that I think there's actually anything to this story in the first place as it's probably straw-clutching pish from a Rangers supporting journalist, but surely the SPL do have a mechanism for cancelling the oldco's share? They have no stadium, therefore don't meet SPL criteria and can be punted, having the share taken from them if they refuse to transfer it.

Yes they do :)

And he's back...

John Brown has claimed he has the support of former Rangers captain Barry Ferguson in his bid to help supporters gain control of the Ibrox club.

Former player Brown, who coached Ferguson in the midfielder's early days at Ibrox, has been talking to the Blackpool player in recent days about his ongoing plans to front a consortium to buy out Sevco Scotland.

He said: "I have spoken to Barry and he has promised me that he is 100% behind me. There is no doubting his commitment and his enthusiasm for my deal. But I can assure everyone how excited Barry is to be given this opportunity to do something for the club he loves."

:lol:

It's all coming together. Bomber has the brawn, Barry has the brains.

Hopefully this is the death throes. Even if it isn't, a 12 month transfer embargo, all footballing debts paid and dealing with Ally McCoist's disgraceful conduct would at least be a hilarious handicap for Sevco. Thank f**k enough clubs had the stones to resist this stitch-up at every step so far.

Finish them!

STV Grant (who has been a bit of a revelation this week) gets a quote from FIFA and UEFA that they are not meeting with Chasbo Green.

Its *almost* like he's bullshitting, isn't it?

Wow...I did think he seemed a bit odd today on ssn saying it was going well cod he didn't need a safehouse anymore and a sixteen year old let him sit at her table in a restaurant the other night. He has the look of a broken man unraveling and some of his statements even from the beginning have been well weird like when he claimed a precedent had been set with another newco voted straight into spl.

Well any changes now still rely on the benevolent attitude of the SPL clubs and surely you have to agree that any negotiation is now tainted by a lack of co-operation from the SFL over the Rangers affair.

My point is for anyone to say reconstruction has been swept under the carpet is availing themselves of a few facts. Reconstruction can only happen if compromises can be found, a compromise was offered to the SFL and they turned down the biggest bargaining chip. If I remember correctly no details were set in stone either, the SFL were merely asked if the board could negotiate a settlement for reconstruction with the SPL. I doubt the SFL and SPL will meet on such an equal footing again.

We'll see what happens when the "big" teams find out that the only thing "big" is their losses and administration comes calling. The SPL has proven itself to be a busted flush. The sooner Scottish Football understands that improving the quality at the bottom brings greater benefit to the whole footballing community than supporting an elite ever will is the day that football can become progressive in this country again. I look forward to the 2042 World cup with Scotland qualifying again (assuming the authorities move at their historical pace!!!).

As far as I am aware, the only name revealed in Green's 'consortium' is Blue Pitch.

Is there any possibility that the consortium does not exist and that Green himself is the majority investor

and that he is shitting himself because he thought it would be a relatively quick in and out deal?

No, I don't think he has the cash to be behind it all. I think Blue Pitch seem to exist (shady middle eastern bunch if rumour is correct). The interesting thing is who (yes, Mr Whyte, we're looking at you!) could he be protecting by not revealing his other investors. :ph34r:

Sorry if this a repost but I sorta tuned outa this thread for the first time with the Killie fans going on the offensive to deflect shoite this morning. Rather sad.

corsica says: 17/07/2012 at 1:13 pm 110 0 Rate ThisNow, as I have stated previously, stalking someone is highly illegal in France and Monaco so I have absolutely no idea how someone can tell me that our hero CW boarded a plane this morning at 10.40 to Zurich (LX563). Maybe he has a business meeting there? Maybe it’s just a wild guess? icon_smile.gif?m=1129645325g

Why would Craigy go to Zurich?

It's all coming together. Bomber has the brawn, Barry has the brains.

If "Barry" is indeed considered to be clever among the "WATP" mob, that would explain how they came to find themselves sailing down the River Clyde in a dodgy canoo without an Effin paddle. wink.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Hopefully this is the death throes. Even if it isn't, a 12 month transfer embargo, all footballing debts paid and dealing with Ally McCoist's disgraceful conduct would at least be a hilarious handicap for Sevco. Thank f**k enough clubs had the stones to resist this stitch-up at every step so far.

Finish them!

f**k i must have missed this. Are the SFA obtaining the cojones to deal with this insidious, lying fat p***k?

There is a big question I havent seem answered.

What are those gazebo things outside Hampden for?

Olympics, Hampden is now surrounded by an 8ft blue fence and the gazebos are for various security things.

If the bird isn't going to give you a shag until you give her a ring then you'd probably send her packing.

This is exactly what happened. The SPL (the bird) would only give the SFL a shag (Proposals for Reconstruction) if the SFL promised the SPL to insert Newco into SFL1 (the ring). The SFL then sent her (SPL) packing.

So you are correct although at the same time totally wrong!

Even if you could get clubs to agree to say 3-tiers you're looking at Sevco... severely diminished even from its current state by a year without playing... not getting back until 2015-16 at the earliest. There must come a point at which you're making so many assumptions/hopes so far into the future it's hardly worth bothering? Hardly worth surrenduring things to facilitate what gets less and less likely?

And too many lines have been drawn in sand now in terms of parachuting them in higher-up or admitting them directly to SPL.

I'd like to think you're right but:

For the SPL clubs any reduction in sponsorship/TV deals will bite. People might not be so cavalier next time.

For the SFL clubs any genuine, considered restructuring of the system with genuine guarantees would be attractive.

I think anything that sped up Sevco reintroduction to the top flight by even one year would be attractive to the various power brokers.

Even the fans may buy into it if it was sold properly and was not over hasty in its development or it's 'final objective'.

Sevco should be lucky there getting off so lightly...

Fans of Polonia Warsaw were enraged on Tuesday after their controversial owner sold their top-flight berth to a second division side, spelling the demise of the 101-year-old club in its current form.

Wonder if this owner would be interested in doing a deal with Mr Green?

This is exactly what happened. The SPL (the bird) would only give the SFL a shag (Proposals for Reconstruction) if the SFL promised the SPL to insert Newco into SFL1 (the ring). The SFL then sent her (SPL) packing.

So you are correct although at the same time totally wrong!

We're still talking about football, yeah?

f**k i must have missed this. Are the SFA obtaining the cojones to deal with this insidious, lying fat p***k?

According to the reporter on BBC Scotland, quite possibly. A case for the Compliance Officer.