Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

STV Grant (who has been a bit of a revelation this week) gets a quote from FIFA and UEFA that they are not meeting with Chasbo Green.

Its *almost* like he's bullshitting, isn't it?

STVGrant has been all over the regulation stuff like a rash since the start. Got almost everything bang on in that respect.

The recent "investigative journalism" is something new for him though.

Sevco won't be playing football at all this season and then there will be major reconstruction attempts next year to start them off in a new second tier.

NAP.

No way. We've come too far since Feb 14 for gerrymandering of a corrupt and discredited club's newco guise into an artificially high position to be acceptable in any way whatsoever.

If we have reconstruction, let's have the discussion, then let's do it. It has zero to do now with the Sevco Works XI issue.

STVGrant has been all over the regulation stuff like a rash since the start. Got almost everything bang on in that respect.

The recent "investigative journalism" is something new for him though.

I've only really noticed him getting stuck in this week. Not sure when I started following him though, so don't wish to do down his efforts. Jim Delahvnt has also been pretty scathing on Twitter.

Hiya Kenny, hiya pal.

lol, touched a nerve have I? Everyone is getting all high and might about what has been said after the SFL's meeting on Friday but looking at the facts the SFL sold out and wanted Sevco and their money into the Self Forwarding League set up. FWIW I believe the correct decision was made by the SFL compromising themselves but they did compromise and the SPL never. It's funny how the SFL fans are demonising the SPL clubs yet they are happy for their own clubs to fail to do what the SPL clubs managed.

I imagine it is too late for another team to be asked to joint SFL3, so if Sevco can't compete this season there will be a spare place next season. If that happens I can see the reconstruction argument suddenly becoming sexy again in the eyes of the SPL.

Even if you could get clubs to agree to say 3-tiers you're looking at Sevco... severely diminished even from its current state by a year without playing... not getting back until 2015-16 at the earliest. There must come a point at which you're making so many assumptions/hopes so far into the future it's hardly worth bothering? Hardly worth surrenduring things to facilitate what gets less and less likely?

And too many lines have been drawn in sand now in terms of parachuting them in higher-up or admitting them directly to SPL.

Doncaster quite clearly stated at the time that the SPL would simply hold off themselves.

Anyway, this is bollocks. Integrity means "cannot be bought". If any restructuring deal was predicated on Sevco being given a direct route to the top of the league then the game was dead and buried. Falkirk fans should be grateful that it wasn't, as the positive-sounding statements from their club (and especially the very strong interview from their manager on the radio) would have melted like snow off a dyke if the correct sweetener were offered and they'd be pariahs right now.

"Integrity" was sold the moment Newco were invited into the 3rd, without even asking for other applications for the vacancy. It's the most over and misused word in the whole saga.

lol, touched a nerve have I? Everyone is getting all high and might about what has been said after the SFL's meeting on Friday but looking at the facts the SFL sold out and wanted Sevco and their money into the Self Forwarding League set up. FWIW I believe the correct decision was made by the SFL compromising themselves but they did compromise and the SPL never. It's funny how the SFL fans are demonising the SPL clubs yet they are happy for their own clubs to fail to do what the SPL clubs managed.

At first I thought this was deliberate, but in actual fact it may be that you're just not very bright.

At first I thought this was deliberate, but in actual fact it may be that you're just not very bright.

Good debating style, when you don't have an answer resort to insults, go you.

"Integrity" was sold the moment Newco were invited into the 3rd, without even asking for other applications for the vacancy.

So essentially your position is that because anything less than throwing Sevco out entirely meant the end of "integrity", we should instead have stuck them in SFL1, presumably with some points bonus or other guarantee of immediate promotion as demanded by the SFA, in exchange for whatever set of reconstruction benefits your club deemed most friendly to their own future financial stability. I can see why you're raging.

So essentially your position is that because anything less than throwing Sevco out entirely meant the end of "integrity", we should instead have stuck them in SFL1, presumably with some points bonus or other guarantee of immediate promotion as demanded by the SFA, in exchange for whatever set of reconstruction benefits your club deemed most friendly to their own future financial stability. I can see why you're raging.

No.

"Integrity" was sold the moment Newco were invited into the 3rd, without even asking for other applications for the vacancy. It's the most over and misused word in the whole saga.

I notice someone degreenied the one I gave you but this happens to be the most sensible post on the thread, integrity is defined as 'Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.' in this case that moral code was that Sevco are not Rangers they are a new club and as such they should have gone through the correct procedures for gaining access to the senior level of football in this country ie the SFL should have, if they were steadfastly adhering to the code set out by fans, invited applications from all viable clubs to the soon to be created open space in the third division.

I would have though hibeejibby, with his pedantic ways, would have known this.

I imagine it is too late for another team to be asked to joint SFL3, so if Sevco can't compete this season there will be a spare place next season. If that happens I can see the reconstruction argument suddenly becoming sexy again in the eyes of the SPL.

If Sevco fail to fulfill the requirements being asked of them by the SFA in order to be provided with a licence to play, the SFL clubs would be within their rights to tell Sevco to GTF if they ever knock on the door of the SFL clubs again asking them for a game. wink.gif

At first I thought it was deliberate, but you do not seem to have the intelligence to comprehend the word integrity. ;)

And he's back...

John Brown has claimed he has the support of former Rangers captain Barry Ferguson in his bid to help supporters gain control of the Ibrox club.

Former player Brown, who coached Ferguson in the midfielder's early days at Ibrox, has been talking to the Blackpool player in recent days about his ongoing plans to front a consortium to buy out Sevco Scotland.

He said: "I have spoken to Barry and he has promised me that he is 100% behind me. There is no doubting his commitment and his enthusiasm for my deal. But I can assure everyone how excited Barry is to be given this opportunity to do something for the club he loves."

:lol:

And he's back...

John Brown has claimed he has the support of former Rangers captain Barry Ferguson in his bid to help supporters gain control of the Ibrox club.

Former player Brown, who coached Ferguson in the midfielder's early days at Ibrox, has been talking to the Blackpool player in recent days about his ongoing plans to front a consortium to buy out Sevco Scotland.

He said: "I have spoken to Barry and he has promised me that he is 100% behind me. There is no doubting his commitment and his enthusiasm for my deal. But I can assure everyone how excited Barry is to be given this opportunity to do something for the club he loves."

Thats the problem solved then. lol

And he's back...

Is Ferguson donating the two and a half million pounds "interest free loan" that he received to JB's consortium?

You know, the money that he and 100+ others at RFC received via EBT's (and didn't pay back) that kicked off "The Rangers Crisis". wink.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

If they dont play this season they will never play. If they have no money no they can't afford a year of business rates gas leccy essential maintenance salaries tax ni vat etc will need to paid for with no income...they can't even play friendlies without sfa membership being cleared up.as with every other portion of this journey since Feb oldco newco and their fans have managed to go down one way streets leading inexorably to a sheer drop off a cliff face

I notice someone degreenied the one I gave you but this happens to be the most sensible post on the thread, integrity is defined as 'Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.' in this case that moral code was that Sevco are not Rangers they are a new club and as such they should have gone through the correct procedures for gaining access to the senior level of football in this country ie the SFL should have, if they were steadfastly adhering to the code set out by fans, invited applications from all viable clubs to the soon to be created open space in the third division.

I would have though hibeejibby, with his pedantic ways, would have known this.

Erm, until the SPL clubs voted to invite either Dundee, Dunfermline, run with 11 clubs or even invite the zombie-***s back in, there was no vacant slot to apply for. Also, Cove's stadium issues prevent them applying, and Spartans have, to my knowledgem, shown no interest in applying either. No other non-league club has thus far declared an interest in a vacancy which up until yesterday didn't officially exist.

If say, Spartans had even stuck in a note of interest at least and been ignored/denied, you'd have a point. I am actually disappointed that Spartans haven't done this. Their gaining admittance and Sevco Scotland being fucked into nothingness would have been rather pleasing.

Edited to correct an amusingly ironic spelling mistake

Edited by jupe1407