Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Agreed, if their ground only holds 1500 then just sell 1500 tickets.

What's to stop st mirren (just for arguments sake) switching a league game against celtic, to ibrox just to "maximise revenue" ?

Honour and integrity. More likely Morton switching a home tie against Johnstone Burgh in the Renfrewshire Cup to Keanie Park to get a bigger crowd.:P

You're either naive or not really bothered.

Doesn't it worry you that the minute you step on the plane everything will just revert to normal? They're just waiting on you leaving you know. :rolleyes:

You do realise I can't answer that on the grounds that I may incriminate myself ph34r.gif

And do you mean the minute I leave, Scotland goes back in time? I knew these new fangled jet things were faster than propellers but I didn't realise they made the world spin on its axis....impressive!

I think Celtic have real problems. Their "Security Council" veto with their Rangers mates is now gone. Celtic are very isolated in the SPL - previously their bestest buddies were Rangers. Indeed, their only buddies.

Completely agree, which is why I think Celtic have been so quiet, at least on an official level. They know they are the next target and they are keeping as low a public profile as they can to try and keep the target off them for as long as possible.

No, but now the dust is settling I bet we can take an educated guess. As with many aspects of this saga the analysis of the fans has been sharper and the scrutiny more intense.

It may be in the interests of moving on we don't want to examine to closely the behind-closed-doors intrigue of the discussions and negotiations of recent weeks. However I don't think we can call for wholesale changes to the corporate governance of our game without exposing the machinations of the last few weeks in full.

Completely agree. And if the full works do end up on show, I don't think it'll just be the expected suspects who end up shown in a poor light.

They were quiet certainly - but if their approach was to use the Media, the SFA and SPL Chief Execs to push the agenda that suited Celtic (and by extension Sevco) best, then it is anything but conciliatory in my view - sleekit might be a better word ;) A true conciliatory approach by Celtic would be to see the way the wind was blowing and voluntarily offer to amend the SPL voting terms and TV rights distribution (esp given that TV money is a disproportionately small percentage of Celtic's turnover) to help cushion the blow for others. Celtic have/had a real chance to claim the moral high ground here but in truth, they have been doing everything in their power to protect the position of their main "rivals". I'm not naive enough to think Celtic would voluntarily make things worse for themselves of course - but it is an example of what conciliatory would really mean in practice.

I disagree that Celtic used the media. I think the media pushed their preferred agenda because without the Old Firm they lose half their sportsdesk. Journalists have been briefed already on the expected cut backs, as have other companies who rely on the msm for business. I have a friend who works for one of the companies that provide the pictures that we see in the papers, I won't say which one but there aren't many, and they have already been told to expect the worst. The guff being spouted by Jabba and Jackson was to protect their own jobs. The status quo means safety, to them at least.

As for the SFA and SPL, they work on behalf of all member clubs. Neil Doncaster would be in no position to promote one view if 10 of his members were at odds with it. As I said above, I think if it all comes out, there will be a few surprises with regards to who has been doing what.

Hopefully the SFL and SFA make it clear to clubs that they are not allowed to switch home games against Rangers to a larger ground unless there are exceptional circumstances.

If there are security concerns about Rangers fans travelling en masse to small towns, then there should just be an outright ban on Rangers fans at away games.

It would not surprise me at all if the police decide to do that if the travelling support do not behave themselves.

Hopefully the SFL and SFA make it clear to clubs that they are not allowed to switch home games against Rangers to a larger ground unless there are exceptional circumstances. If there are security concerns about Rangers fans travelling en masse to small towns, then there should just be an outright ban on Rangers fans at away games.

I genuinely can't remember the last time a Scottish Cup tie was moved... even Spartans hosted Livingston and St Mirren on earth embankments at old City Park... and all SFL3 clubs have grounds with safety certificates and ability to segregate (which I'm sure all - bar perhaps Annan? - must've used at some point in the last few years).

It'd harm the sporting integrity of the competition if, for example, some clubs played 2H 2A v Rangers and others 2H 2N.

If many of of their matches are on radio or televised this season they will definitely be docked a few points over those matches.

I would bet a lot of cash that they can sing anything they like and will not get any points docked at all. Have the last few weeks not taught you that those running our game will do everything they can to help Rangers/Newco.

Completely agree, which is why I think Celtic have been so quiet, at least on an official level. They know they are the next target and they are keeping as low a public profile as they can to try and keep the target off them for as long as possible.

So when are the 11 other clubs going to get around to blowing this 11-1 rule out of the water then? This would be the obvious thing to sort out first I would have thought if they're bleating on about how money's going to be tight?

STV Sport@STVSportRangers ask SFA to set up a panel to rule on players leaving Ibrox http://bit.ly/Lo2jDh

Expand Collapse

So how long will THIS take?

No time at all because it won't happen. Sevco cannot circumvent the TUPE legislation, neither can the SFA. The SFA will be crazy even to entertain such a request.

STV Sport@STVSportRangers ask SFA to set up a panel to rule on players leaving Ibrox http://bit.ly/Lo2jDh

Expand Collapse

Not long, after Sevco ask for Andy Goram to be their nominated panel member, and his 2 votes carry the day..

So when are the 11 other clubs going to get around to blowing this 11-1 rule out of the water then? This would be the obvious thing to sort out first I would have thought if they're bleating on about how money's going to be tight?

I'll still be interested to see if they don't find a patsy to help them block it.

I genuinely can't remember the last time a Scottish Cup tie was moved... even Spartans hosted Livingston and St Mirren on earth embankments at old City Park... and all SFL3 clubs have grounds with safety certificates and ability to segregate (which I'm sure all - bar perhaps Annan? - must've used at some point in the last few years).

It'd harm the sporting integrity of the competition if, for example, some clubs played 2H 2A v Rangers and others 2H 2N.

Caley Thistle vs Rangers at Tannadice is the only one I can think of being moved in recent-ish times. Even that must have been about 15-16 years ago. I can't remember if that was forced upon them by the SFA due to Telford Street being unsuitable, or if they just took advantage of the opportunity to earn some extra cash.

You do realise I can't answer that on the grounds that I may incriminate myself ph34r.gif

And do you mean the minute I leave, Scotland goes back in time? I knew these new fangled jet things were faster than propellers but I didn't realise they made the world spin on its axis....impressive!

No it's just been recognised that you are the chief troublemaker and that once you're out of the way the authorities can do what they want.

What I'm really getting at is that for the sake of Scottish football you must stay and I'll go in your place. Also I won't ask your wife to wear anything she doesn't want. :P

STV Sport@STVSport Rangers ask SFA to set up a panel to rule on players leaving Ibrox http://bit.ly/Lo2jDh

Expand Collapse

I thought the SFA had referred the matter to FIFA for guidance? Going by what I could make out in the papers over here, that is the case anyway. Certainly it suggested that Laffarty didn't play against Grasshoppers at the weekend as they were waiting for FIFA to give them the ok on it.

Seem to remember years and years ago Rangers playing a highland league team at Pittodrie.

Think it may have been Keith.

It was Keith.

A memorable 10-1 hammering too. Alec Cleland got a hat-trick! laugh.gif

I've been to Kynoch Park a few times and there's no way it meets any standards. It's still a simple barrier around a pitch but with a wooden main stand and a covered terrace at the opposite side. The rest is just grass and gravel. There's also no tunnel or barrier between the dugout and the stand giving no protection for players or officials. Great for standing next to the dugout though - you get to hear some cracking lines!

Edited by Hedgecutter