Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This should be banned. I've never been in favour of clubs switching games to other venues to cash in.

You should have to play your home fixtures at your home ground unless special dispensation is granted (i.e. when Celtic played Gretna away from Fir Park, because it's a slag heap)

Agreed, if their ground only holds 1500 then just sell 1500 tickets.

What's to stop st mirren (just for arguments sake) switching a league game against celtic, to ibrox just to "maximise revenue" ?

Yeah! Like Sarah O and Julyan Sinclair... :o

Fuckin hell! I'd forgotten about them. What a cringefest that show was. Fans on "the terracing" and all. Maybe it can be revived with chico and traynor. that will surely be about their level of credibility now?

I hate the fact clubs can shift their grounds in cases like that.

I can understand it in certain circumstances where grounds are really unsuitable, for example, non-league meeting an SPL club in the Scottish cup, but all league grounds should be able to cope with all other teams in the Scottish league.

Brechin, and apparently Brechin have contacted Dundee about hiring out Dens Park for the game against Sevco.

Source?

This mornings release on the Brechin website:

The Club has now received confirmation from The Scottish Football League and Tayside Police that the Ramsdens Cup tie with Rangers will be held at Glebe Park, Brechin on Saturday 28th July with a 3.00 pm kick off. Ticket sale arrangements and will be announced here on Wednesday 18th July.

I like the way they stuck the word 'Brechin' in there just to crush any other theories. wink.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

I hate the fact clubs can shift their grounds in cases like that.

I can understand it in certain circumstances where grounds are really unsuitable, for example, non-league meeting an SPL club in the Scottish cup, but all league grounds should be able to cope with all other teams in the Scottish league.

Indeed.

So if Brechin meet Sevco in a future league game, will they ask to move it to Dens? Somehow i don't think so.

Fuckin hell! I'd forgotten about them. What a cringefest that show was. Fans on "the terracing" and all. Maybe it can be revived with chico and traynor. that will surely be about their level of credibility now?

Sarah O was bang tidy

Source?

Todays release on the Brechin website:

Like the way they stuck the word 'Brechin' in there just to crush any other theories.

Shame, spoilt a good story and a fair amount of "sporting integrity" pish.

Ah, how i'm going to miss this thread.....I head off for my holidays tonight safe in the knowledge that Sevco Scotland will start the season in Division 3 of the SFL and that I have the Dundee derby to look forward to in the season ahead.

I can now head off to relax without expecting any real nasty surprises and anything else that happens is likely to be the same as finding loose chips in the bag when you finish your McDonalds......just a little unexpected bonus.

However, I am hoping to collect my 'No to Newco' T-shirt from the cheap T shirt shop before I go. It's not for me, it's for the missus. She has no idea what it means, but I figured even the most seething of orcs fuelled up on sangria and cheap local vodka from the all inclusive bar is unlikely to punch someone else's wife, so playing the safety card on this one....both ways.

And I don't know if it's been mentioned properly, other that we should all try and make it to see and SFL team in support of the diddy league of gentlemen who helped ensure no stitch up took place, but I have one more suggestion......

Just to ensure that the seething orcs have the happiest of Christmas's can we seriously consider going to support whoever they play on Boxing Day en mass? Can you imagine maybe 6000- 8000 diddy fans all wearing No to Newco T-Shirts singing the old Slade classic in a real show of diddy solidarity? How very very apt...... adios for now amigos!! See you in a fortnight!

Edited by chrismcarab

Since it's still 1957 in Brechin The Newco hordes' tradtional songs will only be outmoded by eighty years or so. Should make them feel slightly more proud as their shell suits flap in the summer breeze.

Ah, how i'm going to miss this thread.....I head off for my holidays tonight safe in the knowledge that Sevco Scotland will start the season in Division 3 of the SFL and that I have the Dundee derby to look forward to in the season ahead.

I can now head off to relax without expecting any real nasty surprises and anything else that happens is likely to be the same as finding loose chips in the bag when you finish your McDonalds......just a little unexpected bonus.

However, I am hoping to collect my 'No to Newco' T-shirt from the cheap T shirt shop before I go. It's not for me, it's for the missus. She has no idea what it means, but I figured even the most seething of orcs fuelled up on sangria and cheap local vodka from the all inclusive bar is unlikely to punch someone else's wife, so playing the safety card on this one....both ways.

And I don't know if it's been mentioned properly, other that we should all try and make it to see and SFL team in support of the diddy league of gentlemen who helped ensure no stitch up took place, but I have one more suggestion......

Just to ensure that the seething orcs have the happiest of Christmas's can we seriously consider going to support whoever they play on Boxing Day en mass? Can you imagine maybe 6000- 8000 diddy fans all wearing No to Newco T-Shirts singing the old Slade classic in a real show of diddy solidarity? How very very apt...... adios for now amigos!! See you in a fortnight!

You're either naive or not really bothered.

Doesn't it worry you that the minute you step on the plane everything will just revert to normal? They're just waiting on you leaving you know. :rolleyes:

Shame I've already got holidays planned up north next week. I was rather looking forward to a couple of thousand drunken thugs invading all of the pubs and singing tedious pish like "no one likes us, we don't care".

Hopefully the SFL and SFA make it clear to clubs that they are not allowed to switch home games against Rangers to a larger ground unless there are exceptional circumstances. If there are security concerns about Rangers fans travelling en masse to small towns, then there should just be an outright ban on Rangers fans at away games.