Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sky have been awful since this all started. So far behind everyone else.

Usually they are so good getting the inside story etc when it comes to anything involving the EPL

And whatever story they happen to have stumbled across, they then go for immediate reaction on it by exhuming some deadbeat ex bluenose to comment on it, be it Goram, Trevor Steven, Hateley or Gordon Smith.

Guest Pampered Adolescent

According to BBC there are Chinese whispers outside Hampden. I'm not a racist but the last fucking thing we need is for the Chinese to get involved. Look at Taiwan!

I see this as a flippant comment and not one I mark down. I can take this topic way off topic should you wish. When I first came to mainland China, the thought of direct cross-straits flights was similar to the thought that those unionist scumbags would be liquidated and end up effectively in League 4. Now, there are many many direct cross-straits flights, from first, second, third tier cities. How many of you have heard of Hefei? Two regular destinations to Taiwan at present.

Saddens me a little, on the day of my death, the improvement Taiwan-China relations will have far outstripped any improvement in Sectarianism in the Scottish central belt.

I do think the last five months have improved matters and I do admit both sides large Glasgow football institutions, albeit one in flux at the moment, do have some very decent supporters.......

Cheers

PA

Well done indeed to the social media - and this site especially. The Scottish Football Spring has turned into full Summer. Undoubtedly there are many threads to be tied up yet and those who pulled the strings of evil are still in situ, and still more than capable of mischief. Football aside though, this has been a great example of how the ability of the 'ordinary' people can sweep aside the gerrymandering and scheming of those in power simply by communicating effectively. Be warned though - both sides learn and adapt and should such a situation rear its ugly head again there will be new subtleties and tactics to learn. Keep watching and keep a thread like this handy, for the use of at a moment's notice.

That pic of Doncaster and Regan - Regan's head in his hands... Reminds me of something - a failed attempt at something which was a supposed fait accomplit... 1978? Some South American campaign... It'll come to me soon.

Anyway - well done one and all. Keep alert though!

East Stirlingshire 0-2 The Rangers

RANGERS cemented their grip on top spot in Division 3 with a routine victory over struggling Shire at Ochilview.

The Ibrox giants enjoyed 90% of the possession, with a header from Carlos Bocanegra and an own goal from Charlie Lytwyn securing the points in the first half. Some great saves from Shire hotstop Callum Antell, and poor finishing, kept the score down.

"We did okay and this is another step in the right direction" said Gers boss Ally McCoist.

"I am gutted, we deserved better" groaned Shire gaffer John Coughlin.

PA

Nah, can't see the Gers being reduced to this level of coverage.

Accompanied by a 5 year old photograph of Lee Wallace, with the caption "Bocanegra headed the opener for Rangers at Firs Park"

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

When will we hear from Sky, ESPN etc?

I don't think all these companies are as stupid as the blazers would have us believe.

Edited by ayrmad

East Stirlingshire 0-2 The Rangers

RANGERS cemented their grip on top spot in Division 3 with a routine victory over struggling Shire at Ochilview.

The Ibrox giants enjoyed 90% of the possession, with a header from Carlos Bocanegra and an own goal from Charlie Lytwyn securing the points in the first half. Some great saves from Shire hotstop Callum Antell, and poor finishing, kept the score down.

"We did okay and this is another step in the right direction" said Gers boss Ally McCoist.

"I am gutted, we deserved better" groaned Shire gaffer John Coughlin.

PA

Nah, can't see the Gers being reduced to this level of coverage.

Several schoolboy errors in your attempt to fake-up that snippet... you spelt all the players names correctly, didn't mention a player no longer at the club, got the ground right, and presumably got all the goalscorers correct.

fucking c***s the lot of yous , rip scottish fitba dry.gif

Rip??? Isn't that a Catholic phrase? You'll be kicked out the lodge for that young man! Anyway good day again despite some weekend panickers and lame trolls. Scottish football can behind again but now we've seen how powerful the interweb is we can really get stuck into the authorities like Andy dufresne in shawshank! Regan and doncaster must go asap. Now quick question re imminent death of newco ...am I right in saying that in order to be accepted by sfa they have to take inn oldco football debts ie transfer fees fines and tickets? Do we know how much this is? That plus the several million quid per month to run ibrox and mp makes me doubt we will even see them play...just try to think back to Feb who would have really believed?

Several schoolboy errors in your attempt to fake-up that snippet... you spelt all the players names correctly, didn't mention a player no longer at the club, got the ground right, and presumably got all the goalscorers correct.

Charlie Lytwyn's been retired for 15 years. ;)

Biggest issue with coverage from lower leagues is Press Association. They are dire and really haven't got a scooby about Scottish football, hence all the player names they cock up, or the failure to cleanse their own database to avoid the mistake being repeated - or websites relying on them and compounding the errors.

Too right, remember we were 15 minutes from Alloa and BBC Radio Scotland mentioned we were playing someone else at Somerset, useless couldn't care one jot about the diddier diddies arseholes.

Edited by ayrmad

FWIW, I think Rangers will get at least half a page in both the Record and sun supplements, with the rest of the teams confined to four line reports for the whole season- unless they happen to be playing Rangers.

I imagine there will be a whole load of re-heated pish about Berwick winning in the cup in 1967, every nine games- particularly if the Borderers have as good a record against Sevco as they did against Franchise FC in 2009-10.

There will also be lots of patronising puff-pieces about the £25-per-week-at-the-Shire bus driver who "never dreamed that he'd take to the park at Ibrox for a league fixture".

Otherwise, Traynor's succulent scribing will focus largely on what's going on at Parkhead. Chico is being asked to take a big wage cut at the Beeb so maybe he'll be punted to follow follow Sevco in Div 3 just like that lass who's always sent to first division games involving QoS 9though she may be sent elsewhere this season given their relegation).