Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Guest Pampered Adolescent

Sky have been hopeless throughout this whole saga.

I have never subscribed to Sky and I rarely end up in a Sky pub on the odd occasion I am in the UK.

However, I guess Jim White has been more than worth watching since Valentine's day, yes? :lol:

On a much more serious matter, is anyone experiencing any social unrest today, or is it a certain ditty from Martha and the Vandellas, made popular by Jagger and Bowie around Live Aid in 1985....... :guinness

Cheers

PA

PS Only 10 more pages to catch up on today......

Nothing against Dunfermline, but they deserve to go down, simple because they were not good enough to stay in the league, with or without Rangers.

Dundee deserve to go up because its better to reward success than failure.

Hope they use that ethos for the play offs.

Sadly I think everything Neil Doncaster has said and done was what the SPL clubs told him to do.

I know it is, but they've got to try and save their own bacon.

Edited by ayrmad

McCoist – “ I've Only 6 Players” – Good News Ally! You’ve Got Over 40 to Pick From!

Now that the smoke has cleared, and the prospect of a last minute “switcheroo” for Mr Green’s team into the SPL, or SPL2, has gone, we can start to think about football.

However, Mr McCoist is not happy regarding the number of players he has, and the fact that, until Sevco Scotland Ltd is successful in having SFA Membership transferred from Rangers Football Club PLC (in administration) he cannot register any new players.

This also ignores the outcome of the Appellate Tribunal under Lord Carloway, and the suggestions that Mr Green would be asked to accept as a sanction the registration ban declared ultra vires by Lord Glennie.

But fear not Ally - I have had a quick look, and you have got lots of players!

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/mccoist-ive-only-6-players-good-news-ally-youve-got-over-40-to-pick-from/

Sky have been awful since this all started. So far behind everyone else.

Usually they are so good getting the inside story etc when it comes to anything involving the EPL

Nowadays most people mean "the Scottish Borders" (i.e. the unitary authority area and post-1974 region)... the former counties of Berwickshire*, Peeblesshire, Roxburghshire and Selkirkshire.

*which doesn't embrace Berwick

Annan is in Dumfries & Galloway

HTH :)

I stand enlightened. Thank you.

Borys

Edited by Borys

Well done Dundee on getting back into the SPL,may not be for long though as Dunfermline are looking at a legal challenge to this saying it should be theirs by right.

Dunfermline consider legal challenge

oh good, more legal action. Just what we need.

(maybe it's a cunning ruse to secure UEFA sanctions and be punished by being dropped to SFL3, therefore guaranteeing four games against "The Rangers" with a 1st division squad?)

I'd let them off with bringing the game in to direpute. Who from our governing bodies has done any better?

A very good point. Think it will be a years ban from the Scottish Cup.

Well done Dundee btw. I can see some cracking crowds next season and that derby at Perth is one I wouldn't mind attending.

So the Sunday Mail will still be sticking to their half a page (if that) a week quota for the Third Division reports, right?

East Stirlingshire 0-2 The Rangers

RANGERS cemented their grip on top spot in Division 3 with a routine victory over struggling Shire at Ochilview.

The Ibrox giants enjoyed 90% of the possession, with a header from Carlos Bocanegra and an own goal from Charlie Lytwyn securing the points in the first half. Some great saves from Shire hotstop Callum Antell, and poor finishing, kept the score down.

"We did okay and this is another step in the right direction" said Gers boss Ally McCoist.

"I am gutted, we deserved better" groaned Shire gaffer John Coughlin.

PA

Nah, can't see the Gers being reduced to this level of coverage.

fucking c***s the lot of yous , rip scottish fitba dry.gif

I know you've got a bit of stick, but as someone who still considers themself to be, first and foremost, a Meadowbank Thistle supporter I really appreciate the dedication you are showing in your username to a completely defunct and non-existing team whose history has died with them... ;)