Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The point is, they won't get 50,000 crowd in the 3rd division

I'd say they might for a few games....then when the "supporters" realise they're struggling against the likes of annan or peterhead they'll soon start dissapearing like steam from a pish. :D

We weren't a top flight club 25 years ago - in fact we were a couple of seasons away from falling into the bottom tier.

That's the point I was alluding too.......if, as some on here are suggesting that we write off certain teams because they are part time or aren't currently competitive then look no further than St Johnstone or Kilmarnock........25years ago would have been written off yet now two of our bigger teams.

Ain't Annan near the border, and Berwick smack on top of it?

Or does Borders mean something else?

Borys

Nowadays most people mean "the Scottish Borders" (i.e. the unitary authority area and post-1974 region)... the former counties of Berwickshire*, Peeblesshire, Roxburghshire and Selkirkshire.

*which doesn't embrace Berwick

I think they will, for the first few home games. They will see it as a big "f**k You" to the diddy clubs. It will then start to fall. Come March 2013 it will ramp right back up again as, IF, they are leading the league the glory hunters will be out saying "I was there when we clinched the league, WATP".

Ain't Annan near the border, and Berwick smack on top of it?

Or does Borders mean something else?

Borys

Annan is in Dumfries & Galloway

HTH :)

Perhaps not, but it'll still be substantial. I think that in the same way the financial problems have galvanised the diddy support, I think the perceived injustice on sevco will do the same for their fans. Especially if they start to canter to big wins.

Someone quoted the running costs of Ibrox as just over £1m per month. If the actual figure is anything like that, they would surely struggle in the 3rd.

I think they will get a very decent support initially as they will rally round and put a brave face on things, however I expect the attendance to drop as the season goes on and if they are still not in the top tier next season, then they will struggle to attract relatively decent crowds.

According to BBC there are Chinese whispers outside Hampden. I'm not a racist but the last fucking thing we need is for the Chinese to get involved. Look at Taiwan!

Are you associating Govan with Tibet? That would make Charles Green the Dalai Lama.

Alex Thomson said from the start his agenda was to dig into the financial side, where our sports journalists failed to look Thomson looked. He has followed through on the full story though despite being out of his depth on certain sporting issues. He did well.

That was it , there was enough of a news story about the financial dealings into soon to be liquidated Rangers especially given the billionaire status of Whyte by some red top newspapers. There was a void by the mainstream media in highlighting this whole affair and Thomson brought it out from the internet. Why was this ? We only have to follow the daily propaganda by so called sports journalists to witness the self serving attitudes that prevails, newspapers are akin to neanderthal man, slowly dying out but the likes of Traynor and his ilk have hastened the death of the tabloid media in this country.

Thomson has returned to the story time and time again, but even a guy who reports from the worlds hotspots must have had to pinch himself in disbelief at the goings on by a sporting authority, fellow journalists and can I add politicians where has been the voice of their moral compass in this ?

Annan is in Dumfries & Galloway

HTH :)

Someone quoted the running costs of Ibrox as just over £1m per month. If the actual figure is anything like that, they would surely struggle in the 3rd.

I'd like to know the source of that figure to judge its accuracy. Also, even if it is accurate what scope is there for reduction? If it includes things like depreciation that is a P&L issue but would not affect cashflow.

Also does it includes Ally's account with Greggs?

What were Livi's crowds like in the Third? Closest analogue we have.

[edit] Average crowd was half what it is in the first.

A closer analogue might be what kind of crowds the OF clubs get when third divison sides visit for cup duty. As a starting point at least. I recall when Dumbarton knocked the Rover sout of the cup a few years back they were 'rewarded' (in the loosest sense) with a trip to Celtic park. Far from the 50k fans they might of expected, the total crowd was 18,000. Still substantial but it does imply a difference in interest.

Now, I imagine that over, possibly the first and maybe even the second round of games, that the sevco crowd will be relatively healthy, once the novelty wears off you may see a roll off in crowds. Particularly if Sevco aren't winning games by healthy margins each week - which if they go down the kids route (talented though they might be) is not impossible.