Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Right, but the difference is still marginal, and based on a deeply flawed premise. Under this hypothetically perfect model we'd have ten professional teams getting crowds of 5000 each, evenly smeared around the country, with another sixty part-time teams playing to crowds of between 10 and 30.

The best thing about a pyramid is that it would theoretically rebalance the senior teams a bit. Ayrshire is considerably under-represented by senior sides right now, for instance. There's only one of them.

Aye, there's distinctly Scottish issues - in terms of population spread, tradition, crowds, quirky history of Senior/Junior football, prevalence of OF support in all towns etc - which defines how many clubs are full-time, how many come from certain areas, etc. We can't just divide England by 10.

Certainly a pyramid system would help inject the opportunity for equity.

For example there are 2 teams from Dundee but only 1 from Aberdeen and 2 from Edinburgh. There's no team from the Borders. Etc.

Aye, there's distinctly Scottish issues - in terms of population spread, tradition, crowds, quirky history of Senior/Junior football, prevalence of OF support in all towns etc - which defines how many clubs are full-time, how many come from certain areas, etc. We can't just divide England by 10.

For example there are 2 teams from Dundee but only 1 from Aberdeen and 2 from Edinburgh. There's no team from the Borders. Etc.

Had you been at Dens on Saturday you would realise there's only one team in Dundee. Both sets of fans were claiming this. :rolleyes:

They aren't representing Sevco, they are representing oldco. Green is a proxy for them as he was at the previous SPL meeting.

So he'll have a vote on accepting himself into something he already has a share in? :unsure::wacko:

They aren't representing Sevco, they are representing oldco. Green is a proxy for them as he was at the previous SPL meeting.

Aren't Duff & Phelps supposed to be acting for the creditors?

How is spending billable time organising a third party to act as an agent helping the creditors of Rangers FC(IA)?

The creditors are essentially paying for Duff and Phelps to be doing work on behalf of a third party who has nothing to do with Rangers FC.

WTF?

So he'll have a vote on accepting himself into something he already has a share in? :unsure::wacko:

Yes, it's bizarre when you think about it.

Not only could in theory his vote (proxying for OldCo) make-or-break his NewCo getting into SFL3, but his vote for Dundeee / Dunfermline could decide who they play in Challenge Cup!!

Not just that, HJ.....its also a moving coal face in that if you went back 25years St Johnstone were a part time Club.

Am I right in saying Kilmarnock were also ?

Am I the only one who was disappointed with Alex Thomson's contribution to this. Don't get me wrong, he was one of the good guys but based on his various cryptic tweets I always expected something more. Also when he took part in radio and TV discussions he seemed to follow the agendas being set by the presenters rather than setting the tone based upon the issues that were not being discussed in the MSM.

Interesting point.

My take on Thomson's role was that he was being passed info from someone either at the heart of the machine or from an excellent "source". Ergo, when he chose to tweet or blog he was totally secure of his information and was presenting it in such a way as to let us, the fans, know what was going on and to alert the MSM and the Succulents to the fact that someone outwith their Magic Circle and with an unimpeachable reputation was on the case. I think Tomo deliberately chose to release his information in a way that was as non-confrontational as possible. This would explain why, as GD notes, he sometimes followed other peoples agendas. Don't forget he was something of a "stranger in a strange land" and at times the story was moving / developing very quickly - he does cover other areas of news don't forget.

Can't be arsed going back and finding the poster, but someone was talking about Sevco running out of money pretty quick in Div 3 (due to the 1m a month upkeep of Ibrox plus wages etc) Doing a quick calculation if they have 18 home games x 50000 capacity x £12 a ticket, then that's about 10.8 million. Plus sponsors, plus cup games etc. I reckon that would see them safely through the season, especially if they punt the high earners that have stayed.

Or am I missing something?

Not just that, HJ.....its also a moving coal face in that if you went back 25years St Johnstone were a part time Club.

Another good point - it depends on attitudes of the time, how much ££ is in the game, etc. At one time, we'd barely a dozen full-time clubs; at others into high 20s. Also, top part-timers get more ££ than bottom full-timers.

Until recently I enjoyed P&B as a bit of light-hearted fun. I don't contribute to, or look at, any other forum and I am not on Twitter, Facebook etc.

However during this whole debacle I have gained a greater respect for social media, and in particular the role it has played in the Rangers fiasco.

Looking at some of the posts on here about the MSM reporting today it is easy to see how far ahead of the curve we have been in our discussion, analysis and reporting of events and how poor and far behind the conventional news sources have been.

Definitely. That really came home to me at the weekend when I bought a couple of quality papers to read their expected in depth analysis of Friday's events. There was nothing at all in there that I hadn't read already on P&B. The quality of opinions and argument here is also far superior.

Can't be arsed going back and finding the poster, but someone was talking about Sevco running out of money pretty quick in Div 3 (due to the 1m a month upkeep of Ibrox plus wages etc) Doing a quick calculation if they have 18 home games x 50000 capacity x £12 a ticket, then that's about 10.8 million. Plus sponsors, plus cup games etc. I reckon that would see them safely through the season, especially if they punt the high earners that have stayed.

The point is, they won't get 50,000 crowd in the 3rd division

Aren't Duff & Phelps supposed to be acting for the creditors?

How is spending billable time organising a third party to act as an agent helping the creditors of Rangers FC(IA)?

The creditors are essentially paying for Duff and Phelps to be doing work on behalf of a third party who has nothing to do with Rangers FC.

WTF?

Wasn't this a condition of the deal which saw him buy the assets of the old club? That was a deal which saw the creditors make some money (albeit a small amount).

Yes. You're missing the fact that some people are not happy with just one Christmas, they're hoping for more. IMO newco Rangers will survive so long as the rift between Charlie Green and the fans can be mended and so long as he's not planning on asset stripping.

Ain't Annan near the border, and Berwick smack on top of it?

Or does Borders mean something else?

Borys

We weren't a top flight club 25 years ago - in fact we were a couple of seasons away from falling into the bottom tier.

Another good point - it depends on attitudes of the time, how much ££ is in the game, etc. At one time, we'd barely a dozen full-time clubs; at others into high 20s. Also, top part-timers get more ££ than bottom full-timers.

It really points to creating a competitive system that offers benefit to the most rather than just a few......even though I do feel we have too big a professional league set up.

I would counter that by advocating a regional pyramid system instead of the current "closed shop"

Definitely. That really came home to me at the weekend when I bought a couple of quality papers to read their expected in depth analysis of Friday's events. There was nothing at all in there that I hadn't read already on P&B. The quality of opinions and argument here is also far superior.

There's no question at all that this thread has been the site's finest hour, and the finest hour for Scottish football.

To me, the main reason for that is the lack of Celtic fans on this site. That has encouraged genuine sharing of information and opinions with no agendas, paranoia and downright lying.

The point is, they won't get 50,000 crowd in the 3rd division

Perhaps not, but it'll still be substantial. I think that in the same way the financial problems have galvanised the diddy support, I think the perceived injustice on sevco will do the same for their fans. Especially if they start to canter to big wins.

Perhaps not, but it'll still be substantial. I think that in the same way the financial problems have galvanised the diddy support, I think the perceived injustice on sevco will do the same for their fans. Especially if they start to canter to big wins.

What were Livi's crowds like in the Third? Closest analogue we have.

[edit] Average crowd was half what it is in the first.

Edited by Thumper