Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

My view (guesswork admittedly) is that they all believe that SEVCO will NOT survive in Division 3 (either due to lack of income or Christopher Green walking). This would explain the panic vis-a-vis a Division 1 vs Division 3 placement,

Think he has it spot-on there and they are desperate to somehow get them on life-support as quickly as possible.I must admit I don't want any club to actually go out of business.I know they have a lot of bad fans but they also have a lot of good,same as any other club,and Cheerful Charlie is not going to spend money to keep them going for 3 seasons making massive losses.

The SFL Have every right to hold the moral high ground IMO. We however don't if the rumours about tomorrow are true.

Rubbish The SFL Board were involved in drawing up the proposal to get them in the 1st. It was them that promised a positive result from the SFL clubs and then failed to deliver.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Apparently on the understanding the SFL looked after them for a year. The SFL have done well, they were asked to make an impossible decision not of their making. Yhey didn't f**k about, they did it and they stand by it.

Our SPL chairman? Postponed everything, eventually palming it off to the SFL. The SFL vote a way they don't like and now their threatening a reversal.

The SFL Have every right to hold the moral high ground IMO. We however don't if the rumours about tomorrow are true.

FWIW I agree and if the rumours do turn out to be true then I will be walking but as Dundee said, we don't have all the facts, we are looking for scapegoats.

The SFL compromised on what the true outcome should have been, so did the SPL chairmen but we do not know yet how they would have acted should they have been told the truth by Doncaster and Regan, I am reserving judgment until tomorrow when we will find out if there is a stitch up. Today I am going to chuckle at the SFL fans who have been sold a dummy by their clubs.

Sevco should never have been allowed access to the SFL without the other candidates being given full consideration too.

I heard it too. In among all his ummms and ahhhs. He reminded me of the little kid at school that would make up stories and just keep talking as he made a complete tit of himself.

The point is Chico that if Rod had called you a p***k the last time he was in your restaurant, stole your cutlery and tried to make out that he only had a glass of water and not 3 bottles of champagne, then I am pretty sure that you would tell him to jog on.

You know what I really hope happens? The next time Chico has a table booked that Rod Stewart waltzes in and is given it, leaving the wee twat to realise how prophetic his words were.

I'd actually prefer both Chick & Traynor to stumble into this guys shop ! tongue.gif

except neither manage to escape ! biggrin.gif

Rubbish The SFL Board were involved in drawing up the propoal to get them in the 1st. It was them that promised a positive result from the SFL clubs and then failed to deliver.

That is true. But it probably only failed to deliver because it was so vague and still depended on negotiation with the spl. Not surprisingly the sfl clubs would not trust the spl clubs as they have proved they cannot be trusted. If however a binding agreement for reorganisation, pyramid etc etc had been put in place the sfl might well have voted for Rangers in division one.

Rubbish The SFL Board were involved in drawing up the propoal to get them in the 1st. It was them that promised a positive result from the SFL clubs and then failed to deliver.

Reread the original post. It was about SFL fans, no mention of an SFL board. The SFL gans have every Right to feel proud of their clubs actually taking a decision that our SPL clubs continuosly shirked. Or do you disagree with that? If so, why?

Reread the original post. It was about SFL fans, no mention of an SFL board. The SFL gans have every Right to feel proud of their clubs actually taking a decision that our SPL clubs continuosly shirked. Or do you disagree with that? If so, why?

Why should the SFL fans feel proud of their clubs selling out and allowing admittance to a brand new club over established clubs, just because they have a big stadium and promise to bring more knuckle dragging fans to matches?

Why should the SFL fans feel proud of their clubs selling out and allowing admittance to a brand new club over established clubs, just because they have a big stadium and promise to bring more knuckle dragging fans to matches?

Because they resisted enormous pressure and bullying to vote them into SFL1. Our chairman couldn't even make a decision, the SFL did. You may not agree with it and you make a good point. But in comparison to our SPL clubs, the SFL have performed comparitively well.

I heard it too. In among all his ummms and ahhhs. He reminded me of the little kid at school that would make up stories and just keep talking as he made a complete tit of himself.

The point is Chico that if Rod had called you a p***k the last time he was in your restaurant, stole your cutlery and tried to make out that he only had a glass of water and not 3 bottles of champagne, then I am pretty sure that you would tell him to jog on.

You know what I really hope happens? The next time Chico has a table booked that Rod Stewart waltzes in and is given it, leaving the wee twat to realise how prophetic his words were.

That WAS Chic. Honing his skills at an early age.

What school did you go to?:whistle Sorry.

Scottish journalism at it's finest! Chic Young is bad enough but Jim Traynor is an absolute fcuknugget!!

The Scottish Football Experts go head to head with their hard hitting expert opinion and analysis.

In next week's Sunday Mail Andy Walker and Davie Provan deliver the way forward.

Because they resisted enormous pressure and bullying to vote them into SFL1. Our chairman couldn't even make a decision, the SFL did. You may not agree with it and you make a good point. But in comparison to our SPL clubs, the SFL have performed comparitively well.

So far the SPL clubs voted to reject a brand new club's entrance to their league, so far the SFL have overwhelmingly voted to allow a brand new club to join their league without even considering applications from eligible clubs of longer standing and they have sold this to the fans by saying hey look guys we never did what our board promised we would ;) . These are the facts until tomorrow, regardless of motivation, these are the facts.

Tomorrow we find out exactly how the SPL chairmen should be viewed, I wont boycott anyone if Scottish football does the wrong thing, I'll just walk away from an institution which is not worthy of my attention, no need for blood letting, anger, wrath or rage. Just turn my back and walk away.

Scottish journalism at it's finest! Chic Young is bad enough but Jim Traynor is an absolute fcuknugget!!

I know i'm in a very small minority here, but i dont actually mind Chicco, i think he's pretty good comedy value,

Jabba on the other hand is a fat embarrassing waste of oxygen.

So far the SPL clubs voted to reject a brand new club's entrance to their league, so far the SFL have overwhelmingly voted to allow a brand new club to join their league without even considering applications from eligible clubs of longer standing and they have sold this to the fans by saying hey look guys we never did what our board promised we would ;) . These are the facts until tomorrow, regardless of motivation, these are the facts.

Tomorrow we find out exactly how the SPL chairmen should be viewed, I wont boycott anyone if Scottish football does the wrong thing, I'll just walk away from an institution which is not worthy of my attention, no need for blood letting, anger, wrath or rage. Just turn my back and walk away.

We'll see what tomorrow brings, but I echo your sentiments.

am sure it's just the SPL Chairmen meeting tomorrow.

You at Dens yesterday, GD ?

If it is all the SPL chairmen meeting tomorrow:

Does advance notice have to be given for a specific motion - e.g. admitting newco to the SPL?

If such a motion was proposed and deemed valid what would be the majority required and would oldco still have a vote?

With regards to the second question, I know the original vote need to be 8-4 in favour but many organisations have rules whereby if a decision on a matter has already been taken and someone wants a further vote then a higher majority is required.

One further point, many folk including myself gave Michael Johnstone a hard time for abstaining in the original vote, I think Gilmour's statement has given Johnstone some credibility back.

To sjc: yes was at the game, over 10,000 for a pre-season friendly is not to shabby. The scoreline flattered United a bit but it wasn't the best of games IMO.