Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Pleased with Stephen Thompson's statement, the man has proved a better football businessman in my eyes than his dad.

Sevco's best bet is division 3, they might not even play next season, which gives the 'authorities' an awful lot of time to come up with further shenanigans. And they will!

But times have changed, and a successful season on the park, with true competition, excitement and drama, might offer a new dawn for us.

The fans have won!

What an utter hypocrite Gilmour is, going by that...

First, the "bribe" wasn't even a good document - it didn't go anything like far enough, and gave far too few concessions.

Second, even if it had, it would not have justified the dereliction of duty abandoning sporting integrity represented.

Thirdly, if St Mirren really are doomed, he should've voted to keep Rangers in SPL. Not vote them out, then criticise an innocent party for not doing their dirty work for them.

Edited by HibeeJibee

What a total knob Gilmour has made of himself with this tantrum.

I heard a rumour weeks ago that he was threatening the Saints fans who were involved

in the 10,000 hrs project that if they wanted a no vote then it was curtains for them,administration was the word

he used if they got punted to the 3rd divison.

How can he pass a no vote then turn and try to bully the SFL chairmen for saying the same,did the fat rat think

they would have sh4t it and buckled under threats,they forget we have nothing to lose,if you can't afford to play with the

big boys come down to the SFL like the rest of us Mr Gilmour..

How many other muppets are out there saying no hoping that someone else will make the decision they all want?

Oh well ,even more of an excuse to give him it tight next weekend if he has the baws to show face at cappielow.

To think there is a St.mirren fan on here trying to take the high ground with an avatar of a wee boy in a gers top in the cowshed,

your chairmen is in fucking bed with the ****.... :lol:

Never thought I would ever agree with the great unwashed cousins from Greenock, but you are spot on. SG has made a real t*t of himself.

If Saints were relegated does that mean the club would be liquidated? Don't think so! :blink:

I don't think i've heard any news about sky or sponsors pulling out as yet. Scaremongering and knicker wetting at it's finest!

All we've heard is ESPN's commitment to STAYING.

Gilmour's statement is shocking and lifts the (very thin) veneer off the discussions that were going on in some circles. One thing is certain, any chairman who followed any strategy that Doncaster was instrumental in devising must be off their fucking head.

It's ironic that all fans and many clubs in SFL must think he's a t*t for trying, and some people in SPL must think he's a t*t for failing!!

Dundee Utd and Aberdeen reiterate NO TO NEWCO.

St Mirren and ICT: SELLOUTS.

And Hearts, tbf.

I think you'll find you are talking bollocks matey.

There were three votes taken and vote one was " To accept Sevco5088 (Scotland) as a member of the SFL.

Here's the exact wording of it and a link so you can go look yourself ..

Part (i)

That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

A simple majority of votes cast in secret ballot is needed to approve this motion. If granted, then Sevco Scotland Ltd becomes a member of the SFL and must, within 14 days, apply for membership of the SFA. It is understood that that application has already been made.

http://scotslawthoug...bers-voting-on/

Hope this helps ..;)

It has still to be rubber stamped by the SFA, after Dundee or Dunfermline are removed to the SPL. So, technically, Newco are not in the SFL until some time on Monday.

It has still to be rubber stamped by the SFA, after Dundee or Dunfermline are removed to the SPL. So, technically, Newco are not in the SFL until some time on Monday.

Well they better get a move on. I'm not wanting my season's start (Ramsdens) ruined by this. 28th July KO remember.

This could be said about Killie then, they built an Hotel when money was plentyful and everthing in the garden was rosy due to the Sky money at the time. The Hotel was the brainchild of Bill Costley and if the Sky deal hadn't gone tits up then it would probably have been a big success. Instead we've suffered ever since with huge interest payments and been the subject of bile by other fans (mainly St Mirren BTW)

Whilst it has some similarities I don't think it is that similar to be honest. Killie's situation was a big spend on something non-essential to the running of the football club which when things turned it was not a good idea. I think it is fair to say the club would be in a healthier position without the hotel?

The situation we and others including Killie are finding ourselves in now, is that our income from the core business is potentially going to be slashed quicker than we can slash player and employee costs. Nobody has spent big on anything in this instance.

There is only one club to blame for this situation and that is Rangers and a few people who can be blamed. Largely the SPL clubs are not at fault and neither are the SFL clubs something our chairman should remember.

I have to say, if you offered our chairman the chance to be relegated down to SFL 1 tomorrow, I suspect he might take you up on that offer.

Aren't they a member for up to 14 days even without SFA membership?

Anyway, that should be a formality. Regan said it was a formality if they got accepted into SFL1 = it should be no different for SFL3.

I think you'll find you are talking bollocks matey.

There were three votes taken and vote one was " To accept Sevco5088 (Scotland) as a member of the SFL.

Here's the exact wording of it and a link so you can go look yourself ..

Part (i)

That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

A simple majority of votes cast in secret ballot is needed to approve this motion. If granted, then Sevco Scotland Ltd becomes a member of the SFL and must, within 14 days, apply for membership of the SFA. It is understood that that application has already been made.

http://scotslawthoug...bers-voting-on/

Hope this helps ..;)

OK I read it and it's still as I said ! the newco has been accepted but at this moment in time is still a club without any membership and have up to 14 days to submit a request for a membership permit.

At this moment in time the newco is not an associate member of the SFL at all.

Monday's SPL meeting surely must have the real Rangers relinquishing their membership license to the newco and a decision on whether Dundee or Dunfermline get the club12 vacancy.Then Green will submit an application for a permit to play in the 3rd with the oldco's SFA membership license.Green needs the oldco's membership license before applying to play in the SFL 3rd division.

As I explained there is still the possibility on Monday that the SPL clubs will take it to a vote who to invite into the SPL and do not be surprised because the SFL clubs voted the newco into the 3rd division and not the 1st division that they will consider Green's newco as well.The 3rd division is a death nail to the newco with their running costs and the fear factor of lost revenue may sway the SPL clubs to vote on the newco again.

Just keep an open mind instead of blind celebration that the newco appears to be playing 3rd division football this coming season.

Why aren't the likes of Spartans and Gala not quickly preparing their applications and taking advantage of this perceived break in Sevco's journey. If I was Chairman of either of those Clubs I'd be hammering on the SFL doors first thing on Monday morning. The chances of one of them being accepted over Sevco is quite high given they have sound financial history and don't have any poisonous baggage to carry with them. Sevco are in no fit state to participate in ANY football league to be honest as they still need to carry retrospective penalties and the rest. Just exclude Sevco from the football family and let someone else in. So come on Spartans and Gala, get your fingers oot and fill out those forms!

Edited by GunnerBairn

Just listening to the Sportsound podcast. About 24 mins in, Chick talks about the silence being deafening. Would this be the "Silence of the Succulent Lambs"? ;)

Great listen! At long last sense is being discussed.

As for who goes up it would be better if Dundee go up as this will give derbies against DU and SJ while Dunfermline in D1 will give us Pars against Blue Brazil and Raith. Best for everyone.

Just listening to the Sportsound podcast. About 24 mins in, Chick talks about the silence being deafening. Would this be the "Silence of the Succulent Lambs"? ;)

Great listen! At long last sense is being discussed.

As for who goes up it would be better if Dundee go up as this will give derbies against DU and SJ while Dunfermline in D1 will give us Pars against Blue Brazil and Raith. Best for everyone.

Gies a link Hector will ya :D