Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This isn't quite the end as we all know.. We need to snuff out SPL2 threats and not just that, we need our Chairmen to declare votes of no confidence in Regan and Doncaster and have them removed from their positions ASAP! Until then, this revolution will start to stall. Get them both tae f**k!!

They trained with 5 seniors, 5 kids and 3 out of contract players. There are a handful who have refused to commit pending clarification of the status of their contracts and league status (I think we can safely say they're not coming back!) As it stands, they have a transfer ban in place, presumably that'll be lifted when their membership is ratified (Please someone correct me if that's not true.)

The big question is their running costs. They have a huge back-room staff and the maintenance and running of Ibrox will not be cheap either. They also are restricted by 3rd division limits for ticket prices and as yet have no season ticket money up front. As a new company, they have little or no credit facilities available, worthless assets to borrow against, limited sponsorship appeal and their only source of funding from the consortium (whoever they are!) is apparently in the form of loans.

They'll get out of the lower league sure enough, but not without going into a lot more debt first. Unless Green has genuine long-terms investor on board or finds some, they'll be looking to slash costs and flog the club and assets as a going concern to Blue Knight / Smith types as soon as possible. There's not a snowball's chance in hell of Sevco being profitable in the next 3 years and Green & co. won't wait for that. They're gambles already failed and the bills are coming in already. It's new buyers or tits-up again.

They wont make it out of league cos they wont last the season that's why regan et al have been so desperate.they wont be able to build debt cos noone will give em credit certainly not the tens of millions required just to operate. A tesco couldn't stay open on the income of a corner shop

Seaweed in a glass. Lagavulin 16 y.o. is better, IMHO.

Agreed. Especially the distillers edition Pedro Ximinez sherry cask version. Black Stump Shiraz is awesome, though

No matter how much I drink tonight, I can't get rid of the nagging feeling that Sevco might still be re-admitted to the SPL on Monday?

Can I just point out again, how much of a c**t Gordon Smith it

Cunty comments

Smith expects the Rangers fans to remain loyal to the team and show their support by watching the team in the third division. But he admitted they may be unwilling to travel, and pay entry fees, to clubs that voted for them to start life at the bottom of Scottish football.

"I think that Rangers fans will try to show that they have this loyalty," he said. "I don't think there is any doubt about that. They will want to show they are behind their team and they are not just fair-weather fans.

"But a lot of teams have voted against Rangers in the last few weeks - 25 votes today and 10 last week from the SPL clubs - so they will look at that situation and know who those clubs are, and supporters may take it into their own hands to say we will not be financing these clubs because of the decisions taken against us and we will not visit those away grounds

I thought starting in SPL3 was what Newco fans wanted,

If the threats from Sandy Jardine outside Hampden didnt work, why would they work now?

What institution would risk lending money to this outfit?

Unless the 'consortium' comes up with some cash, unless the whole shebang is sold to someone else,

unless Green wins Euromillions, (now that would be a bugger) then Sevco is finished.<_<

I'm normally happy to be proved wrong but in this case I won't be. Happy, that is.

Too right. They're going to have cash-flow issue and run at a sizable loss for sure. It's clear from the fact that Green paid nearly 3 million for contracts during the liquidation that the consortium's business plan rested on them being in the SPL. Their whole gamble has been blown out of the water. The liquidation deal also made it clear that the assets are worthless white elephants. Now they're holding a loss-maker which has no chance of providing any return in the foreseeable future. They'll be looking to get out quick before they waste any more money. Either they sell to someone who has patience and money, or they let it fold again to cut their losses and let said people with patience and money pick up the pieces. Such a person will need a few million up front at least and should be prepared to never see it again.

Agreed. Especially the distillers edition Pedro Ximinez sherry cask version. Black Stump Shiraz is awesome, though

No matter how much I drink tonight, I can't get rid of the nagging feeling that Sevco might still be re-admitted to the SPL on Monday?

At least we'll know who to blame.

Lagavulin 16 y o is my favourite tipple - but it's an expensive way of getting drunk !

No way that Sevco can get into the SPL on Monday. It would need an 11-1 vote and that aint going to happem

Abstaining is nothing short of a wasted vote and cowardice cop out. Would like to know who the Clubs are, as I'm sure everyone else does.

Actually I dont really feel the need to know ...the right result was reached and emphatically so. Lets just have an amnesty now and be glad that all the fans and most of the clubs got the best possible result. Bloodletting now helps noone

The big question is their running costs. They have a huge back-room staff and the maintenance and running of Ibrox will not be cheap either. They also are restricted by 3rd division limits for ticket prices and as yet have no season ticket money up front. As a new company, they have little or no credit facilities available, worthless assets to borrow against, limited sponsorship appeal and their only source of funding from the consortium (whoever they are!) is apparently in the form of loans.

Are there really limits on ticket prices in the SFL? Isn't that illegal under the Competition Act?

Probably irrelevant though - if the average R**gers fan wouldn't chip in a fiver to the fighting fund to save his club he's unlikely to want to pay £30 to see Peterhead ...

Rangers fan on RM pointing to Clyde's most recent statement and using that to confirm that it must have been Clyde who voted "No" to Resolution 1. He clearly can't read.

If Clyde was the one voice out of the 30 that voted against entry to the SFL at all, then the club must have had a change of heart. The latest statement intimates that the club would vote "yes" to Resolution 1 (released this morning). So if it was Clyde, something at the meeting must have forced a change of heart. Rumours about it being Stranraer, but no idea of why that should be.

Regardless, I'm proud of Clyde's stance which has been a brave one. We've suffered in recent years from financial trouble and managed to eventually control the situation, but at the expense of a terrible drop through the divisions. From being on the cusp of the SPL, knocking Celtic out of the cup, giving Rangers a real fright at Ibrox (we should have won), being in the Challenge Cup Final to being the "basement boys" in 5 or 6 years is sore to take. So why should Rangers screw all their creditors financially and then run roughshod over all the rules of fairness to leapfrog everyone into SFL1 ? Thankfully, almost all clubs in the SFL agreed with their fans and voted accordingly. To those that didn't, I do question their motives. I've not seen a statement yet from any club that provides a plausible reason for voting Rangers into SFL1. Of course, more may come out in due course (as the QoS statement says for example) and I'd be interested in reading the reasoning of the 5.

As for boycotts, etc.. of the 5 (and indeed the 1 !), I don't see the point. Why punish clubs, who have been put in a very difficult position, because of the actions of some greedy and reckless megalomaniacs in the south side of Glasgow ?