Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

hmmm.....SFA to find Rangers/Sevco guilty of using dual contracts, all results from last season recorded as 0-3 loss and thus relegated instead of Dunfermline ?

Am I being too cynical ?

I suggested that (without actually supporting it) a couple of weeks ago. Don't know why The SPL never tried it before things reached The SFL.

Catching up on my Twitter and it seems there is a small threat of an SPL2 but is there really the heart to go down that route? We seem to have reached a conclusion to this sorry mess, albeit fragile. It;s all over bar the f*ckwits such as Gordon Smith bleating on SSN about Sevco fans boycotting away games in Div3. Let it go Smit ya d*ck, let it go.

Regan has also been grossly humbled in his statement calling for unity and citing watershed. You had your chance to lead Regan and you f*cked it up - time to for you to step aside for the good of the game. Massive congratulations to all SFL Clubs that voted the right way, but I would dearly like to know of the 5 Clubs who tried to vote them in? I hope it wasn't Falkirk as I'd now look a tad foolish. I hope all the good Clubs see a boost in income as a result of protecting the League's integrity. Well done! :)

NB:Just need to snuff out Cockwomble's attempts to mention SPL2 in the days ahead. Somebody step on his face.

Edited by GunnerBairn

Dunfermline have already been relegated and replaced by Ross county so too late for that plan. Its obvious from how keen doncaster was to delay the spl vote til after today that both votes going the way they did paints the suits into a corner

I suggested that (without actually supporting it) a couple of weeks ago. Don't know why The SPL never tried it before things reached The SFL.

Because it wouldn't be possible for a number of reasons.

Dunfermline had already been relegated, so they couldn't "unrelegate" them. Even if they did, the SFL rules forbid newcos, so all that would have happened is that the oldco would have gone bust as an SFL member and they would have needed to re-apply.

So, now that hurdle is out of the way, can Sevco realistically survive in Division 3?

Can someone please post what their current squad is like, as of today as well as a likely wage bill they will have, not just for the playing staff, but their coaches and office workers as well. A nice wee comparison with one of the other Division 3 clubs would be interesting as well, if someone has those kind of figures available.

They trained with 5 seniors, 5 kids and 3 out of contract players. There are a handful who have refused to commit pending clarification of the status of their contracts and league status (I think we can safely say they're not coming back!) As it stands, they have a transfer ban in place, presumably that'll be lifted when their membership is ratified (Please someone correct me if that's not true.)

The big question is their running costs. They have a huge back-room staff and the maintenance and running of Ibrox will not be cheap either. They also are restricted by 3rd division limits for ticket prices and as yet have no season ticket money up front. As a new company, they have little or no credit facilities available, worthless assets to borrow against, limited sponsorship appeal and their only source of funding from the consortium (whoever they are!) is apparently in the form of loans.

They'll get out of the lower league sure enough, but not without going into a lot more debt first. Unless Green has genuine long-terms investor on board or finds some, they'll be looking to slash costs and flog the club and assets as a going concern to Blue Knight / Smith types as soon as possible. There's not a snowball's chance in hell of Sevco being profitable in the next 3 years and Green & co. won't wait for that. They're gambles already failed and the bills are coming in already. It's new buyers or tits-up again.

Edited by fozzie

So, now that hurdle is out of the way, can Sevco realistically survive in Division 3?

Can someone please post what their current squad is like, as of today as well as a likely wage bill they will have, not just for the playing staff, but their coaches and office workers as well. A nice wee comparison with one of the other Division 3 clubs would be interesting as well, if someone has those kind of figures available.

Dont have a p and l to work with but I've seen numbers bandied about of running costs of 15 million pa not including payroll which would add a lot more on. Dave king said sfl football would need at least thirty million to be written off which suggests that figures are at least ballpark. Twelve quid a ticket wont get close

Because it wouldn't be possible for a number of reasons.

Dunfermline had already been relegated, so they couldn't "unrelegate" them. Even if they did, the SFL rules forbid newcos, so all that would have happened is that the oldco would have gone bust as an SFL member and they would have needed to re-apply.

The SFL just voted a Newco in though. I would still have thought bending a few of their own, SPL, rules was a better option than trusting the diddies to help them out.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

They assumed that Newco are so big and special that the SFL clubs would do as they are told and vote them up to SFL1.

They are so far detached from their customers, it beggars believe.

Hey, some SPL clubs have been managing their finances properly for the last 10-15 years. I support one.

That's really good to hear. I was only suggesting that some that are struggling may use this latest issue as an excuse if revenue dries up even more.

They trained with 5 seniors, 5 kids and 3 out of contract players. There are a handful who have refused to commit pending clarification of the status of their contracts and league status (I think we can safely say they're not coming back!) As it stands, they have a transfer ban in place, presumably that'll be lifted when their membership is ratified (Please someone correct me if that's not true.)

The big question is their running costs. They have a huge back-room staff and the maintenance and running of Ibrox will not be cheap either. They also are restricted by 3rd division limits for ticket prices and as yet have no season ticket money up front. As a new company, they have little or no credit facilities available, worthless assets to borrow against, limited sponsorship appeal and their only source of funding from the consortium (whoever they are!) is apparently in the form of loans.

They'll get out of the lower league sure enough, but not without going into a lot more debt first. Unless Green has genuine long-terms investor on board or finds some, they'll be looking to slash costs and flog the club and assets as a going concern to Blue Knight / Smith types as soon as possible.

What institution would risk lending money to this outfit?

Unless the 'consortium' comes up with some cash, unless the whole shebang is sold to someone else,

unless Green wins Euromillions, (now that would be a bugger) then Sevco is finished.<_<

I'm normally happy to be proved wrong but in this case I won't be. Happy, that is.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Rangers will be in division 3 next year.

The usual media outlets will say nothing is final but they are now

- A member of the SFL

- In the SFL3

What are they going to do resign and give two year notice.

Its over and I hope fans of other clubs will back them by turning up to games/buying a season ticket

or doing whatever they can afford to do.