Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Strange. I seem to remember Airdrie Utd having to apply (along with other candidates) to the SFL3 after the liquidation of Airdrieonians in 2002.

I cant remember a vote to keep them in the 1st division?

In all seriousness you may be right with regards to actual rules, so point taken. But morally as you say, the right choice certainly wasnt taken.

Airdrie Utd. applied to replace Airdieonians and failed. They later got in by re-branding Clydebank.

There are lots of double standards at work here though. In every case when a vacancy has arisen until now it has gone without saying that applications are invited and that new clubs start at the bottom. Why didn't that happen this time? Well, we all know the answer. Bottom line is, there weren't and still aren't any rules in place.

f**k the ICT Chairman. I'm not just saying that cos i'm a Staggie either.

I second that. He's no fool, he has made a very calculated statement of intent for Monday.

The silver lining is he's blown the whole illusion that ICT were acting out

of anything other than short term self interest,and fully expected the SFL to play along.

He's abandoned that game altogether, and is inviting other clubs to shed their false colours.

Now we'll find out in short order which other clubs are prepared to bend the knee.

Monday could see a few cartwheels I'm afraid.

Whether or not trophies and titles are carried over is simply the call of the governing bodies in question (I think...)

As for the crest and trading name, that's a question for the liquidator and the tax man. It could be that if they're judged to be a carbon copy of the club that went bust, they can stop them using them or make them assume the old companies debts.

As for the issue of what name the club 'plays' under rather than 'trades' under. Again, names have to be approved by the football authorities, but whether or not the non-football authorities would stand for them using the same name is an open question.

It'll all come out in due course.

There's no problem with the name etc. That was covered about 1200 pages ago.

when the bankies got done over by scumdrie utd we had to start again in the second division of the central league and we had done nothing wrong so why do these cheats get to start again in the sfl?

Don't hold your breath. This'll take months. Possibly years. They can call themselves "The Rangers" in the meantime until someone says they can't. As for the trademarks thing, you'd need to ask a lawyer I'm afraid. The point is though, they can get going in the meantime, they don't have to get everything changed in order to start. They might be required to change things further down the line though, but when is anyone's guess.

Och! Aint that a stab in the sphincter! Was hoping they would be unrecognisable from old self.

So, basically they can play in that plain blue top with the big crest on and call themselves The Rangers!

You know what? That's pure w**k, that is.

Hmm...that is a strange one! dry.gif

right.gifSPL Aberdeen Celtic Dundee United Dunfermline Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caledonian Thistle Kilmarnock Motherwell Ross County St Johnstone St Mirren

hmmm.....SFA to find Rangers/Sevco guilty of using dual contracts, all results from last season recorded as 0-3 loss and thus relegated instead of Dunfermline ?

Am I being too cynical ?

Exactly. Some of the posters on here are like adolescent kids spreading gossip and adding arms and legs to every shit rumour they hear.

Like 14 year olds using their parents' laptop in the attic, you mean?

Utterly ashamed at Kenny Cameron's comments today. I would hate to think that our club had anything to do with bullying SFL clubs into voting newco to Division One. Particularly as we had to start at the bottom to get to where we are now. If our survival and prosperity in the top flight depends on another club being there then quite frankly we don't deserve to be there.

I have missed about 30 pages so apologies if this has been mentioned already but have just spoken to someone who was at the meeting today. Judging by Les Gray's comments Accies may have voted no - or he was being a 2 faced cnut.

The 1 team that voted no to newco in the SFL altogether was not one of the favourites - Clyde, Raith Rovers etc.

McCoist stated the reason newco did not want in div1 is because they are well aware with the current squad they would finish in the bottom half.