Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

does anyone have any idea of the monthly running costs of Ibrox, Murray Park etc ?

I remember £3.5m/month being banded about when they were in Adinistration but am well aware that the high earners are now off the payroll.

How much bankrolling will they require an for how long ? til Div 1 ? SPL ? ever ?!

Even with some players off the payroll, the ones they've kept plus the hundred odd non playing staff all tuped over with same salaries and benefits plus all the fixed costs mean they can't last a season in sfl three nowhere near.

Even with some players off the payroll, the ones they've kept plus the hundred odd non playing staff all tuped over with same salaries and benefits plus all the fixed costs mean they can't last a season in sfl three nowhere near.

Tupe only protects terms and conditions for 90 days.

Sadly that's not actually true. The tragedy of all this came about firstly because there weren't any clear rules in place and Regan manipulated that fact to his own ends. There was no rule to say that applications had to be invited in the event of a vacancy, and no rule saying that any new club had to start in the 3rd. The rules about accounts were discretionary and ultimately the board can over rule anybody or change any rule they like.

Morally your right of course, but the whole root of this is the fact that the rules, like everything else in Scottish football were short-sighted, out-dated and ultimately ripe for abuse by cynics.

Strange. I seem to remember Airdrie Utd having to apply (along with other candidates) to the SFL3 after the liquidation of Airdrieonians in 2002.

I cant remember a vote to keep them in the 1st division?

In all seriousness you may be right with regards to actual rules, so point taken. But morally as you say, the right choice certainly wasnt taken.

Sadly that's not actually true. The tragedy of all this came about firstly because there weren't any clear rules in place and Regan manipulated that fact to his own ends. There was no rule to say that applications had to be invited in the event of a vacancy, and no rule saying that any new club had to start in the 3rd. The rules about accounts were discretionary and ultimately the board can over rule anybody or change any rule they like.

Morally your right of course, but the whole root of this is the fact that the rules, like everything else in Scottish football were short-sighted, out-dated and ultimately ripe for abuse by cynics.

That is a very good point, fozzie. Perhaps the Chairmen should reserve a little bit of their enthusiasm for league restructuring for rules restructuring because Regan, as you correctly point out, has gerrymandered the laxness of the present regs. to his own shitty end.

Must be tightened up to prevent a repeat of this sorry debacle.

"rangers" fan on radio regarding decision:

"happy, aye, will be good going to play in the third division, great for all those wee teams getting to see the mighty glasgow rangers play, great stuff"

I heard that too. Sums up that a great many orcs just don't get it. Their club is a disgrace, yet they still have this triumphalist attitude. The reality for many just hasn't hit them yet.

Hubris will be a new h word "the rangers" will have to learn soon

Tupe only protects terms and conditions for 90 days.

But they can't vary contracts without consent of the players, so if they won't pay the contract price they're risking constructive dismissal tribunals.

This is what pisses me off. All the bollocks of 'the right result', was it f**k.

Its better than allowing Sevco straight into the 1st but they have still been given preferential treatment.

Spartans are keeping their powder dry. They'll be right in there when it becomes clear that Charlie boy was here for a quick buck (buying the player registrations and punting them to the EPL and Turkey), and pocketing a tidy wedge before riding out of town. His plan has failed. Once Sevco Works XI implodes in further administration shame and an inability to run their operation... they'll fill the void. If unopposed by other applicants of course.

When some pundits today are saying 'this is far from finished' - has it occurred that they don't mean an SPL 2 will miraculously appear... they mean that Sevco will go tits-up without completing a full season?

Edited by pozbaird

They'd better get a sodding move on. Kick-off is fast approaching.

Btw, moving on, who else thinks the Orc's are going to be even more unbearable (no pun intended) now.

Don't hold your breath. This'll take months. Possibly years. They can call themselves "The Rangers" in the meantime until someone says they can't. As for the trademarks thing, you'd need to ask a lawyer I'm afraid. The point is though, they can get going in the meantime, they don't have to get everything changed in order to start. They might be required to change things further down the line though, but when is anyone's guess.

Spartans are keeping their powder dry. They'll be right in there when it becomes clear that Charlie boy was here for a quick buck (buying the player registrations and punting them to the EPL and Turkey), and pocketing a tidy wedge before riding out of town. His plan has failed. Once Sevco Works XI implodes in further administration shame and an inability to run their operation... they'll fill the void. If unopposed by other applicants of course.

When some pundits today are saying 'this is far from finished' - has it occurred that they don't mean an SPL 2 will miraculously appear... they mean that Sevco will go tits-up without completing a full season?

I still dont get how 29 clubs can vote for Sevco to be part of SFL at all considering the lack of any accounts or simple details of the 'club'

Clyde got it spot on with that, and still voted them into the SFL.

Dont get me wrong, I've done alot of posting about it. Im delighted they didn't get into the 1st, but it doesn't mean I should be overly happy about the preferential treatment Sevco HAVE received.

SFA CHIEF EXECUTIVE STEWART REGAN

"Ultimately, there must be an outcome that enables Scottish football to move on with consensus, clarity and confidence into a new era for the national game."

Yes, your resignation you fucknugget.