Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"rangers" fan on radio regarding decision:

"happy, aye, will be good going to play in the third division, great for all those wee teams getting to see the mighty glasgow rangers play, great stuff"

All we will hear now is SPL clubs saying today's decision will ruin Scottish Football. Well they should have thought of that before voting Rangers out. Will have no sympathy with any of their clubs but will be sorry for the fans as they are always the ones to suffer if they cannot manage finances properly. Think the SFL clubs and David Longmuir can hold head high as were forced into corner. Let's push on and restructure all the leagues, one governing body with Longmuir in charge and get rid of Regan and Doncaster and that may be start of recovery.

Hey, some SPL clubs have been managing their finances properly for the last 10-15 years. I support one.

Sorry, I couldn't eat a whole one...........

How do you think "The People" feel!? laugh.gif

Off topic but it might make you chuckle.

Sung to the tune of 'Yesterday' by The Beatles.

Leprosy.

Bits and pieces falling off of me.

I'm not half the man I used to be.

Oh I believe in leprosy.

:D

Thanks guys.

:cheers

Meanwhile in OrcVille, there is talk of tranfer targets for Div 3 .................................

Trevor Stevens seemed to think regardless of Div 3 Rangers would be a draw for players. But what does he know

Well, he probably knows his name is ''Trevor Steven'' and it was Gregor Stevens.....

Not received an answer so will ask again.

When are 'Rangers' officially liquidated? What will their team be called? Do they have a club crest? A sponsor? A strip?

Seriously, if they haven't started on this will they even be ready for SFL 3?

Whether or not trophies and titles are carried over is simply the call of the governing bodies in question (I think...)

As for the crest and trading name, that's a question for the liquidator and the tax man. It could be that if they're judged to be a carbon copy of the club that went bust, they can stop them using them or make them assume the old companies debts.

As for the issue of what name the club 'plays' under rather than 'trades' under. Again, names have to be approved by the football authorities, but whether or not the non-football authorities would stand for them using the same name is an open question.

It'll all come out in due course.

Good to see rules were adhered to by the vast majority of diddy clubs under undeserving bullying and pressure. It was also nice to see the first minister advocating reform in scottish football but not in a Raygun fukc up version 2 stylee. Now hopefully these doom-mongers at the top get their jotters and they get in some folk who are interested in more than filthy lucre for the elitist members of the oh-so entertaining SPL.

'Hoose' might be redundant now.

the-big-house-must-stay-open.jpg

I know that Ibrox is a listed building but how about applying for planning permission to build on this fat c*nt. I reckon a couple of dozen houses and a playpark would fit on his chins alone.

Listening to the special on Real Radio, hilarious stuff. Guy phones in and says

"i'm a celtic supporter and i want ma season ticket money back, all ah go fur is the auld firm games, its the best game in the world, best game in the world, now whit do we huv? its all iny the celtic fans look forward tae" laugh.gif

500 notes for two games? numpties laugh.gif

If its all they look forward to why don't the c***s create their own two team league?

Edited by Jambos

Good to see rules were adhered to by the vast majority of diddy clubs under undeserving bullying and pressure.

They werent.

If the rules were adhered to Sevco would be applying to SFL3 along with Spartans etc. instead of being placed directly in Div 3.

In a way I'm actually glad all this has happened. I have no doubt my club (yeah, I know it's dead) will continue playing football in the coming years and decades and will probably get a helping hand getting back to the top again, if we're honest. I'm excited about the new teams to play, new stadiums, new trophies to win, leagues... It had got to the point in the SPL where I looked forward to a Celtic loss more than a Rangers win due to the infrequency of them... That's not competitive football.

I'm sorry about the way it has all happened. Ashamed of Rangers actually. Rangers have always had a lot to be proud of and a lot to be ashamed of but the tax dodging is worse than the likes of Manchester or bigoted songs. It was done with an arrogance that deserves to be brought down to where it is now

I don't want Rangers to just get promoted through the SFL and then get back to competing with Celtic year after boring year for the SPL title though, I'd love a complete reshake of the Scottish game. If clubs are going to go bust or have to make cut backs because of lack of tv deals or whatever then we need to accomodate for that. What would the clubs do if they couldn't afford players? They'd take a lonnnggg fucking hard look at their youth system. They all would. Nothing would change overnight but if we had a dozen or so teams in the country with strong youth academies producing top talent then I'd be a lot happier with that, rather than trying to buy foreigners in and pyramidically (is that a word?) cherry-picking talent that actually comes along for the top teams.

I don't know, I genuinely don't know enough about the infrastructure of football to know what I want happening. All I know is I want our football to change. It will this coming season, but will it really be all that different in the end? With Regan and his cronies clinging onto every last bit of crumbs that Sky throws their way?

f**k it, it's better than most pre-seasons in terms of interest!

That'll take years - Farepak were only finally liquidated last week, despite entering liquidation in 2006.

When they wen't into liquidation they said it would be a matter of weeks, possibly a couple of months. Having said that, that was before the fraud investigations were announced, so who knows. You could well be right about it taking years.

The big question in the meantime is; what happens if the liquidators decide to nullify Sevco's purchase of the assets?

Spot on.

This is what pisses me off. All the bollocks of 'the right result', was it f**k.

Its better than allowing Sevco straight into the 1st but they have still been given preferential treatment.

does anyone have any idea of the monthly running costs of Ibrox, Murray Park etc ?

I remember £3.5m/month being banded about when they were in Adinistration but am well aware that the high earners are now off the payroll.

How much bankrolling will they require an for how long ? til Div 1 ? SPL ? ever ?!