Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Good comments from the Alloa chairman on Sportsound - "It's a good day for Scottish football".

I agree. Total buffoonnery from Kenny Cameron. Should be putting a positive spin on what's been a watershed day for Scottish football rather than whining - ICT had a vote and voted with the fans for Sevco to not be in the SPL. Fcuking deal with it, budget accordingly.

Whatever the weather, I'm proud of SCOTTISH FOOTBALL today.

Assuming we sont have a vote on a vote on a vote I hope all dormant fans rise up and go out to support their teams.

The key question remains unanswered : who is going to fund what is going to probably be a season of losses for Sevco?

Serious question - are you genuinely concerned ?

I couldn't give a f*ck what happens to them - I'm half expecting there to be more shenanigans from Chas. / Whyte / Ticketus anyway.

Belter of a post from someone on my Facebook feed:

A sad,sad day for me, Anyone who knows me knows I love Brechin City and I love fitba but Brechin's decision to vote for Rangers to play in the first division,effectively means Brechin City are dead to me I will not be back under this current board I am disgusted that they chose money over integrity. Rugby it is for me then. tbh I dont hate Rangers or at least not as much as I am disgusted with Brechin and QOS.

Comments:

- Brechin voted no!!

- Almost as awkward as John Terry trying to adopt a child from Africa!

Poor lad! laugh.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

All we will hear now is SPL clubs saying today's decision will ruin Scottish Football. Well they should have thought of that before voting Rangers out. Will have no sympathy with any of their clubs but will be sorry for the fans as they are always the ones to suffer if they cannot manage finances properly. Think the SFL clubs and David Longmuir can hold head high as were forced into corner. Let's push on and restructure all the leagues, one governing body with Longmuir in charge and get rid of Regan and Doncaster and that may be start of recovery.

Properly gutted by Cameron's statement. But f**k it, if we can't afford to stay in the SPL due to another club going bust, we don't deserve to be there.

We just signed a keeper at a reported £1200 per week £62.4K p/a, Kenny Cameron knew this was a possibility why rubber-stamp that signing? Surely there's keepers of a reserve standard out there at half the price?

We've been making losses of £200k per annum, why has this not been dealt with? Why are we living beyond our means?

Scottish football must now trim the budgets and live within the clubs' income, players are going to have to either lower their wage expectations or clubs need to sign a lower standard. Simple. More importantly though we need strong clever businessmen running our association and leagues, people who can do the job properly and sniff out the investment required without relying on a couple of one trick ponies.

It's not just ICT in this position, many others will be doing the same and Scottish football will find it's level.

The Twitter rumours about ICT panicking have turned out to be true :(

http://www.highland-...ll-13072012.htm

INVERNESS Caledonian Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron says the decisionto place the 'Newco' Rangers into the third division next season could"spell the end of football as we know it."

Isn't this the wish of many people on this board?

Borys

I feel like a leper. :(

Off topic but it might make you chuckle.

Sung to the tune of ‘Yesterday’ by The Beatles.

Leprosy.

Bits and pieces falling off of me.

I’m not half the man I used to be.

Oh I believe in leprosy.

We just signed a keeper at a reported £1200 per week £62.4K p/a, Kenny Cameron knew this was a possibility why rubber-stamp that signing? Surely there's keepers of a reserve standard out there at half the price?

We've been making losses of £200k per annum, why has this not been dealt with? Why are we living beyond our means?

Scottish football must now trim the budgets and live within the clubs' income, players are going to have to either lower their wage expectations or clubs need to sign a lower standard. Simple. More importantly though we need strong clever businessmen running our association and leagues, people who can do the job properly and sniff out the investment required without relying on a couple of one trick ponies.

It's not just ICT in this position, many others will be doing the same and Scottish football will find it's level.

And he's getting free lifts to work via the police instead of paying for taxi's - paying into the economy.

:ph34r:

Never mind the hysteria about spl two...it's non starter. Instead think back to Feb...how many really thought the fans could win so much against the entrenched positions of newco the suits and the MSM. Its a good day to be a Scottish football fan...it didn't look like this could happen butit did. Lot more to be done to repair our game but then a lot has already been achieved