Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Somebody turn out the lights when they leave................no idea of social implications,no idea of economic implications,no idea of whats just occurred today. Lots of back slapping and well dones to each other in amongst the usual low rent diatribe and social bile. "We have the power...." no you don`t. Watch this space as the dominos start to tumble....... Finance from the SKY deal first followed by the trickle of other meaningful investment that all the champions of sporting integrity rely on every year to balance the books. Please don`t run out the old argument about "we had football before we had SKY/television rights and we can have it again" The fact is that the clubs then weren`t run on such a reckless manner and the overheads relative to income were always managed responsibly. Clubs now frequently live beyond their means, Rangers/Sevco/Orcs or whatever witless title that they have today are case in point. The Scottish game at grass roots will be the first to suffer from the number of clubs that wind down their already fragile youth policies because of reductions in revenue. It`s the first place that cuts get made when times get hard. We are now officially on the road to becoming a footballing backwater.Well done everybody,let the self congratulation begin............

On the plus side with the number of "never going back" posters on here I`m sure the local high streets will all be looking forward to receiving your hard earned cash at the end of every week.... kerrrching!!!!!!!!

Chick? Is that you, Chick, buddy(laugh.gif)? I can EXCLUSIVELY REVEAL we've all been missing you, wee man.

St. Mirren have never been below the second tier of Scottish football.

Rangers are in the fourth tier.

:D

As for the players twitter - fucking embarrassing.

No they're not! It's not rangerz! It's not rangerz!

We can't have it both ways.

Much as we'd like it :D

Ok now that I'm home are there any hilarious videos of pundits/members of the public having meltdowns up on youtube yet?

In a reversal of fortune I think we all want to hear from Traynor.

I have been a long time lurker and have read this thread since the start.

It truly is a wonderful thing.

Probably like loads of others it has become an essential part of daily life.

I have waited until its been confirmed that Sevco must start in Div 3 before my first post.

Fantastic stuff and the right decision has been made.

Now I have dome my first post looking forward to chipping into the debate much more often.

Welcome Seagull, don't think that we didn't see you lurking there :P

We think we know our tanners, but have just lost our manners............ Just truly gutted. Can't believe Davy Rae would say the things attributed to him.

Total disgrace. Count me out. Gutted.

Don't beat yourselves up lads, a club is defined by its support not the transient fuckwits in the boardroom

Given that the SFA still have to sanction the SFL3 entry by means of providing the membership then I would think they can still block it. Greens comments about only allowing SFL membership if SFL1 are a disgrace and Regan should be roundly kicked in the nuts at 15 minute intervals.

The fact that Green has 'leaked' this information is telling, whoever thought they would win that vote is truely deluded.

Well done my Sons-

THE Dumbarton FC Board joined other clubs this afternoon in voting to admit the Rangers Newco into the SFL Third Division, the lowest tier of Scottish professional football.

I'm feeling pretty sick about it, but not surprised.

Sorry everyone - can I still celebrate the actual outcome?

It's hardly your fault if your chairman and board make an unpopular decision. Chin up mate - 'Mon the diddy fans.

You have my utmost respect for following your team and not jumping onto a bus heading for Celtic Park, or, erm, Peterhead.

In a reversal of fortune I think we all want to hear from Traynor.

the only thing I want to hear from Traynor is the self inflicted gunshot and dull thud of his carcass hitting the ground.

too far ?

Think Bobby Barr's position at Livi is untenable.

Gordon Smith = c**t

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/7897511/Grave-consequences

I think that Rangers fans will try to show that they have this loyalty," he said. "I don't think there is any doubt about that. They will want to show they are behind their team and they are not just fair-weather fans."But a lot of teams have voted against Rangers in the last few weeks - 25 votes today and 10 last week from the SPL clubs - so they will look at that situation and know who those clubs are, and supporters may take it into their own hands to say we will not be financing these clubs because of the decisions taken against us and we will not visit those away grounds."

I'm feeling pretty sick about it, but not surprised.

Sorry everyone - can I still celebrate the actual outcome?

Course you can. I'm delighted at the 25-5 vote, and bear no ill will towards the five. At all. Now, if it had been closer...

(and I'd be really disappointed if Dundee voted Yes, though the vote was sprung on them five minutes before the meeting).

If any of the 25 clubs that voted no decide to join SPL 2 are a disgrace.

As it looks like SPL2 agreements were already in place (or at least planned out) then it's almost certain that a number of clubs took part in the vote knowing that they would stand to benefit from the creation of an SPL2.

If I were a fan of a Division 1 club, right now I would be demanding to know who my chairman has been in contact with over the past week & what the nature of those discussions were.

I suspect a resolution 2.5 saying "And we agree that Newco Rangers should be in Division 3" wouldn't have gotten anywhere near 25 votes.