Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

But that is the attitude in not only engerland but also in Scotland (media mostly) that has held this country back for so long. We have boys in the rankers squad that will never be first team regulars but were still getting better wages than a 1st division club could give them, so they stagnate. Although all of a sudden they are having to play them in the first team as they have no one else.

I really wish they were dead and buried, but I think we all knew in our hearts that was never going to happen. But if they think they will waltz through the divisions they may find it tougher than they reckon.

Ok so Gr£tna did it, but if every team as we are always told regard playing rankers as a "cup final" then I would expect a few of their young lads to be kicked from pillar to post as a welcome to the lower leagues. I can't think of the last young rankers player that went on loan to a junior team or a lower league team and were outstanding.

No Gretna went bust doing it...and they didnt have to spend £15-£20 million a year on facilities....this is the end for newco. 8) No chance at all that they can fulfill fixtures in sfl3

Doncaster and Regan must go now, they're attempt to hold the game hostage while repeatedly rubbishing the value of it very publicly is completely unacceptable. I would hope for their resignation before the end of the day.

"We would like to offer our full & sincere gratitude to the Chairmen of the SFL member Clubs for allowing us entry into their league without knowing who we are or SFA membership. We will also be forever in the debt of the supporters on Pie & Bovril for allowing their Clubs leeway to vote the Club into Division 3.

I am calling on all supporters of the new Rangers FC to submit handwritten letters of thanks to each and every one of these fine fellows on Pie and Bovril, & for Messrs Doncaster & Regan to make themselves available for general handyman duties free of charge around the houses of all on P&B who should require such assistance"

Charles Green Esq

Dont mention it...

This is HibeeJibee's game but I believe it was because Rangers share was transferred so the NewCo were still SFA/SPL members so didn't apply.

So bending the rules rather than re-writing?

They've 2 weeks, from today's vote, to achieve Associate Membership.

Either by transferring SFA membership (and associated liability for offences?) or applying as a new entity.

Did someone say the newco are appealing?

Seriously?

Appealing against what, FFS?

This must be a wind-up, surely?

[and YES, I will keep calling you Shirley! :angry: ]

Green sounded like he was just keen for it all be over this morning, Can't see why/how or even if they are able to appeal.

Wow. Two posts in succession from sensible Rangers fans.

Graham Roberts: "As a Gers fan, I'm delighted. No special treatment, got what we deserve. fresh start, cant wait for the season to begin!"

Eddy Blair: "As a Rangers fan couldn't be more happier for Rangers getting in #Division3, rules were broken price paid #startover #bbcsportsound"

Did someone say the newco are appealing?

Seriously?

Appealing against what, FFS?

This must be a wind-up, surely?

[and YES, I will keep calling you Shirley! :angry: ]

Grant Russell@STVGrantLongmuir: Rangers accepted our decision

Expand Collapse

I see. I still think other clubs should have at least been given a chance to get in.

That's a downside of this, albeit, everyone knows what's going on and could've applied (as Charles Green effectively did) specutively.

Does Associate Membership mean they won't be able to vote on any subsequent league reconstruction proposals?

Correct, they're silent members for 3yrs.

Edited by HibeeJibee