Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

With so many intending to vote no, who is going to play in this SPL2? The rump Clubs from SFL3 and a few juniors to make up the numbers? It would look ridiculous.

Good point which not many have picked up on.

Are we to suppose that a raft of top end SFL clubs, the vast majority of whom have voted against being in a league with Newco, are suddenly going to about turn, jump ship and join SPL 2 ( presumably with the same Newco they just rejected out of hand)

SPL 2 is a fantasy. The top end SFL clubs wont want it because they'll believe, rightly in my opinion that re-construction is a better deal. The SPL clubs darent vote for it because anything that results in anything other than Newco in SFL 3 this coming season is, on their part, commercial suicide.

I'm assuming that there will be a collective explosion of fan power if the vote stipulates SFL3 or no SFL at all (which is possible if not probable) and the SFA in cahoots with the SPL and the SFL overturn that and force them into SFL1. They must surely know they couldnt possibly get away with that.

Forcing them into the SPL in the event of a 'wrong' vote is also unthinkable if they really do have the interests of the game at heart. There would be defection from the game on a massive scale IMO

Nut, their hands are tied. They MUST accept the decision of the SFL clubs, even if that decision is no to the SFL altogether. There is no other course of action that can be taken without destroying the game in Scotland altogether.

Edited by Only A Game !

So can we guess who will be spending the wee small hours frantically typing up a Sevco package document (as mentioned and requested in the Clyde statement) and carefully forging Green's signature on it?

My money's on Doncaster.

Annoyed that "Socks" McPherson got the last word in there but good to see Thomo getting a mild snort of derision in.

Looked like they were all well aware of how the land was lying with regards fan-power and were keeping their cards close to their chest to avoid letting Thomo savage them.

So what if there are ulterior motives at play here? Last I checked principles and beliefs were part of the fun.

All I was thinking was - could you imagine what the "panel" would be spouting if it wasn't for P&B and the internet bampots across the world?

Job nearly done.

wink.gif

^^ This ^^

The buns and their journo accolytes are just squirming about waiting for the inevitable final penny to drop. That they are fucked. And not just out of the SPL fucked or transfer embargo fucked. On your knees, over the edge of a shallow hole, crying your last tears to the empty desert as you wait for the mobsters bullet in the back of your skull kind of fucked. And the best bit is that they brought it all on themselves.

They cheated. They lied. They stole. They were found guilty. They appealed. The appeal failed. They went crying to the courts. They ran off from a 9 figure sum of debt. They left businesses, public services and other clubs out of pocket. They bullied and cajoled and tried to bribe the bullied into submission. They have shamed themselves, their peers and this nation. And their attempts to tantrum themselves back in have failed. No league, no players, no membership and soon enough no fans

Cheery-fucking-bye-for-now ever.

Archie macweetabix says rangers will survive because they have a large and dynamic fan base,

They also have a large and undynamic cost base no,few players ,few season ticket sales and a transfer embargo.

It's business stupid, and it's simple, they are fucked.

I take real Offence at the idea that the only Reason Supporters have reacted they way they have is cos they all hate rangers and we want is a chance to kick a big team when they are down.

There are rules and Morals at stake here. Wouldn't matter to the vast majority of supporters what club it is - fact is there is precedent for this kind of thing and rules set up for them that have ben bent and re-written to shoehorn one club into an advantageous position.

All supporters are more than aware that Sevco not getting in the SFL or even getting in Div 3 will have a short term dterimental effect on their own clubs finances, even to the point of administration but they think its the right thing to do. Supporters are willing to walk away from Scottish League football completely if Regan and Doncaster get their way. To think that they are doing this just cos the hate Rangers is an insult and typical of the Red Top type headlines we have had to put up with in the MSM.

Thank goodness we live in the age of Social Media where these kind of lies and deceptions can be shown for what they really are.

There......Feel better after that.rolleyes.gif

One of the best football matches I ever had the privilege of attending was the challenge cup final against Alloa (4-4) Alloa won on pens, now they have given a performance as good as the one witnessed that day with their statement tonight.

Kudos.

I don't think tomorrow's vote is necessarily the end of this fiasco but it is a defining moment. A vote to put newco into the first division will lead to many fans turning their back on the game, just how many we'll have to wait and see. A vote to put them in the third could be the start of a major realignment of Scottish football; it needs to happen as the impact that has been caused by Rangers going bust has shown the existing model is unsustainable.

If the SFL try to postpone or otherwise gerrymander the meeting tomorrow I hope that there are calls for the resignation of their chief executive and board. The idea that the only acceptable vote is a 'yes to division one' vote is untenable and an insult to all those making the effort to attend Hampden tomorrow.