Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Couldn't it more likely be that SPL clubs themselves can't agree on what to offer? Not all SPL clubs want expansion. Not all SPL clubs want fairer voting. Not all SPL clubs want reduced income. Maybe it's caused innertia.

While I agree your scenario would be more likely, could mine be possible? Would it surprise anyone? They could then take the credit if it worked out well, but pass the blame to the fans for "holding them to ransom" if it didn't.

Come on Brechin, if you're planning on voting yes then just come out and say it. The more time I get to plan which Highland League team I'll be watching more the better.

Thusfar, only Quislingmuir have officially confirmed they're 'Yes', IIRC.

If you want to join in getting your message across have a look at

http://honestyinsport.weebly.com/

For those who feel strongly it would be good if they sent E mails to the SFL offices, with copies to SFA and SPL saying what we want. The heading needs to be for "For the attention of Brechin" or whatever. A separate email for each club chairman!

Use your own words for the email if you want.

I have chosen videos which demonstrate honesty to be attached to the email to make sure they get there ok. If we can get a few thousand emails going it should be significant enough to make them pay attention biggrin.gif

If you belong to a club forum/board please post a link up there. The more who can hit them over the next 24 hours with emails and files the stronger the voice.

Edited by thelegendthatis

who is in charge at Clyde ? They seem to be very on the ball. Surely counter proposals have been lodged by various SFL clubs by now.

Can standing orders of tomorrows meeting be suspended and counter proposals raised ?

Also how long did the SFA/SPL have to give notice to the SFL clubs of their new proposals ?

Anyone with Knowledge of the rules,standing orders etc Might want to make a sticky so people know how the meeting will run and how votes can be called and carried out. It will save a tonne of queries over the next 24 hours.

It may be a multi-stage process but it should have went like this:

1. SPL refuse transfer of share

2. SPL ask SFL for permission to promote one of the SFL clubs.

3. SFL grant or deny permission.

4. SFL promote relevant clubs and invite applications for the space in SFL3

5. Spartans, Sevco and any others apply.

6. SFL decide who to admit.

Where in this process does SFA need to get involved, bribes required etc.

I totally agree but that doesn't mean we should all start panicking...just we need to address every stage as it appears and forensically root out the lies as we have been doing and allow fan power to do its thing

You must have read on here that Sevco might still be smuggled into the SPL. An application to the SFL would get in the way of that. Sevco have not, yet, applied for entry to the SFL (I think).

So the vote tomorrow is little more than the SFL clubs being asked a hypothetical question or two then is it?

I read the scaremongering on here that Sevco could be smuggled back into the SPL but that would be suicide for the SPL clubs, season tickets sold after the vote to dismiss Sevco's application could easily be claimed back and if clubs were to fight it in court they'd end up paying expenses too, perfect case for a group action against the SPL itself too. Not to mention the lost revenue from casual customers.

Why the f**k is this all being left to Clyde FC to make intelligent, arse kicking statements? Are there really no other clubs who can do something like like this? Clyde have made two statements that make the declaration of Arbroath and Declaration of Independence look like the lyrics for a boyzone song and no other SFL club has followed suit.

The best part for me is the ludicrousness of being asked to vote on a club admission and being given absolutely no information on it. If it wasn't so anger inducing, I'd laugh.

PS. Give Dundee the SPL spot, then have them swap places with Clyde.biggrin.gif

Edited by Jambos

Right, a few people have had a blast at these but as of 3pm this afternoon, this seems to be the decisions clubs will taking towards proposal number two - allowing the SFL board to put Sevco into the First Division for the new season.

Definitely No

Dunfermline Athletic

Livingston

Raith Rovers

Greenock Morton

Cowdenbeath

Arbroath

East Fife

Annan Athletic

Berwick Rangers

Clyde

Elgin City

Peterhead

Queen's Park

Stranraer

Stirling Albion

Definitely Yes

Stenhousemuir

Brechin City

Did announce 'No', proposals may have effect

Falkirk

Partick Thistle

Hamilton Academical

Undecided

Albion Rovers - potentially leaning to yes?

Dumbarton - were yes, being revised.

Ayr United - chairman Cameron Lachlan seemed opposed, rumours on Ayr's forum suggest a yes vote could be forthcoming

Forfar Athletic - non-committal statement

Queen of the South - non-committal statement

Alloa Athletic - a potential no?

East Stirlingshire - statement thanking fans for their views, refusing to disclose how they will vote.

Montrose - deafening silence?

Won't be Voting

Dundee

Airdrie United

Which means, if my take on club's positions are correct, it's 15-2 to the good guys, with three who were originally 'no', eight undecided's and two abstentions. It's looking good thus far. :unsure:

Here's a warning for Brechin City - if you think voting 'yes' will one day lead to you reaching the SPL yourselves. Think again. The SPL will bring in a rule whereby your hedge must be amended to form 6,000 of these, they must be under cover, and they all must have under-hedge-heating installed.

Vote 'no'. It's for the best.

post-11339-0-62142600-1342104948_thumb.j

Having read what's on offer I am fairly relaxed about the outcome of the SFL vote.

There is no way on God's green earth that anyone with half a brain could endorse these proposals. There is nothing here that could be remotely described as increasing the lot of any clubs in the SFL and furthermore there's big red warning stickers all over it with their insistence that none of this is binding. In fact I'd go so far as to say that should SEVCO be admitted to the 1st division then half the proposals will be thrown out at the first opportunity.

This is less like the dangling carrot we were anticipating and more like a bit of poo on a stick with the powers that be hoping that if they wave it about fast enough we'll think it's chocolate.

who is in charge at Clyde ? They seem to be very on the ball.

Fans, when it comes down to brass tax. They're a CIC (Community Interest Company), a form of social enterprise.

Surely counter proposals have been lodged by various SFL clubs by now.

Telegraph said Clyde proposed an amendment but it was "dismissed"; however, it's not been reported elsewhere.