Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just while I'm in soap-box mode, imagine that I win Euromillions tomorrow night. I use a good chunk of that cash to buy a football club, lets say Edinburgh United. I decide to take out a 100 year lease on Murrayfield from SRU after matching their price. I know have a club with nearly 30 years of accounts and a 50,000+ seater stadium.I am prepared to bankroll them to the tune of say £10,000,000 a season.

If I apply to the SFL, can I get into the 1st Division please?

It's a travesty and a joke. Our game is corrupt but when you look at FIFA, it's probably only a case of little brother copying big brother. They're all as bad as each other.

In the words of the Dragon's Den guy being quoted in one of the chip wrappers... I'm out.

You must have the same numbers as me as I had a similar plan, except I had thought I might go further and source the owners of Third Lanark AC's history with the mind to purchase it and attach it to my new club (no purchase of an already existing club) just to give us a wee head start in the honours roll.

To recap something I said last night, btw - there's a great irony in the fact that, of the 4 apparent 'Yes' voters so far, no fewer than 3 of them were among the 5 clubs Rangers led a movement to expel in 1964.

Debatably it would have been four were it not for Alex Thomson chucking a hand grenade into their boardroom at the last moment. That one will be argued until the end of our days, but that part of this business may prove one of the defining moments of this whole mess.

Berwick Rangers felt themselves obliged to cease fence sitting and give out an unequivocal statement in the late afternoon of "no" because "our fans wishes must come first". Not released with a midnight press embargo so it would be lucky to see a mention in the redtops two days and old news later - bang on time for the local evening news and next day's papers. Cue the other fence sitters one by one starting to do the same and making a complete mockery of the press reports that they "knew" for a "fact" Rangers were going to be voted into Division 1.

True, the joint SFA/SPL/SFL proposals were so pathetic, it gave the clubs all the ammunition they needed to tell them not to call a turd in a dish chocolate ice cream. But how many times before have the clubs kowtowed to what they knew full well were promises destined to be broken?

I'm not the least bit surprised at Albion Rovers, who have sold their votes by proxy to whatever Celtic want them to do since the year dot and I wouldn't expect any less from them. Brechin City are in the middle of a battle between fans and those running the club as I understand, so partly I wonder how much of their stance is bloodymindedness and to hell with the long term. Stenhousemuir however words fail.

But wouldn't it be the final irony if it was Berwick's second "no surrender" moment that put Rangers to the sword and out of Scottish football at least for a season, if not for good?

honestyinsport web page has voting as following.

NO

Dunfermline

Morton

Raith Rovers

Annan

Berwick

Clyde

Peterhead

Stranraer

Arbroath

East Fife

Cowdenbeath

POSSIBLE NO

Stirling Albion

Ayr

Falkirk

Hamilton

Livingston

Partick Thistle

That's 11 No's plus 6 possible No's. I would expect most of the possibles to be No but there is still room for late bribing and bullying.

With 2 abstentions the proposals need 15 votes to proceed. (Dont know what happens in a 14-14 tie. Is there a casting vote by Longmuir?)

Why have Dundee been told not to vote but Dunfermline have not recieved such an instruction? Has the decision on club 12 been made?

honestyinsport web page has voting as following.

NO

Dunfermline

Morton

Raith Rovers

Annan

Berwick

Clyde

Peterhead

Stranraer

Arbroath

East Fife

Cowdenbeath

POSSIBLE NO

Stirling Albion

Ayr

Falkirk

Hamilton

Livingston

Partick Thistle

That's 11 No's plus 6 possible No's. I would expect most of the possibles to be No but there is still room for late bribing and bullying.

With 2 abstentions the proposals need 15 votes to proceed. (Dont know what happens in a 14-14 tie. Is there a casting vote by Longmuir?)

That site also has Queens Park, Elgin and I'm sure another third division team as 'rumoured' nos. I'm quite sure Alloa were a rumoured no too?

Forgive the repost :-

"Fourteen years ago our football administration brought forth, in this country, a new Premier League, conceived in greed and dedicated to the proposition that two clubs should reign over all others. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that League, or any League so conceived, and so dedicated, should long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war.

We have come to bury the inequality and corruption, as a final resting-place for the club who here systematically cheated and lied and bullied, that our other clubs might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But, in a larger sense, we cannot erase, we cannot eradicate this one club without examination of the people and the structures who helped maintain that hegemony. The diddy clubs, living and dead, who struggle here, deserve so much more from the incompetent and corrupt administrators and journalists, those who pretend to act in the best interests of all, without fear or favour, but so rarely do.

The world will little note, nor long remember what happened here in this small country. It is for us, the internet bampots, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which the RTC Blogger and Mark Daly have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these bigotted songs, EBT’s, tax scams and illegally registered players, we take increased devotion to that cause which ensured their vile club ceased to exist—that we here highly resolve that RFC cheated in vain—that this nation’s Football Association shall have a new birth of freedom and that the Beautiful Game of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from Scotland."

Why have Dundee been told not to vote but Dunfermline have not recieved such an instruction? Has the decision on club 12 been made?

This is a thought that occurred to me too. My conclusion was the same as yours, but it begs the question why hasn't it been declared.

there's also an article in today's Scotsman suggesting tomorrow's vote may be cancelled as too many clubs are in opposition.

Has that claim appearred anywhere else? Can SFL Board even do that?

Vote may be postponed

If it does they are saying it will be held again just 8 days before the Ramsdens cup games start.It really is getting ridiculous at how many meetings they need,and how long it takes to get rid of a team that has basically made a mockery of Scotland and Scottish football for years.

Without being pedantic I'd say these were Rangers punishments:

a) a 10 point deduction;

b) banned from Europe for three years;

c) fined £160,000;

d) a transfer embargo; and

e) refused membership of the SPL.

a) and b) were in the rule book;

c) I think is being paid in installments;

d) was illegally applied by the governing bodies; and

e) has been applied.

b) is not a punishment it is a consequence of liquidation.

To be eligible for Europe, all clubs have to have 3 years business history. How can you have this if you're a new club?

c) has this been paid?

d) overturned with the only real option being suspension or expulsion as an alternative.

I think this is why has the appellate tribunal has not been reconvened?

e) Similar to b) and is a disgrace that it was even proposed in the first place.

All new clubs must apply to the bottom tier with other interested parties.