Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As my avatar shows, I live in Cumbernauld. I was heading home half an hour ago, and as always, was driving around the Broadwood roundabout. On the spur of the moment, I diverted down the Broadwood stadium road and parked at the stadium. There's two buildings on either side of the main stand which are gyms and stuff, and were being used by schoolkids and mums during the holidays. I was looking for the main entrance to see if anyone from Clyde was working. My intention was (as I was wearing my St Mirren rain jacket), to simply knock the door, point to my club crest, and mutter something encouraging in their direction about their statement, and how I supported their stance, would go to see them this season, blah, blah. Anyway - their office was locked, probably on lunch. However, you could wander up and down the corridors, past the boardroom, the press room, the corporate boxes etc. Absolutely no-one around, so I looked at all the photos on the wall. Clyde heroes from days gone by, Clyde captains with trophies, wearing big tackety boots and covered in mud - in front of massive, massive crowds. There were photos of Shawfield, old Clyde teams, new Clyde teams, photos from Broadwood - the works.

It got me thinking about that cnut Burley and his article about 'diddy' clubs with small crowds trying to dictate to the big boys what the score is.

Here's the news Burley - clubs like Clyde are what Scottish football is all about, and every last one of them is entitled to their say and vote.

Bit of a rant, but 'mon' the diddies' is the message I suppose.

Respect mate!!

So, they don't sing at games?

I've been to a couple Rangers games, and to be honest in those games, I found nothing particularly offensive about the singing. In the subway beforehand, that was a different story, but the games themselves were fairly tame. That usually (but not always) seems to be the case when I see Rangers on tv. There is a bigoted element, but many Rangers fans are perfectly decent people.

What about us? I think most folks would choose our strip to be sprawled across the bed.

article-0-140117CF000005DC-478_468x339.jpg

Now if we could all put teams out that looked like that, there would be no SFA (Spurious Financial Armageddon) to worry about. Trying to persuade the wife that "I'm only going for the quality of the football" might prove difficult

Edited by Happy Buddie

I've been to a couple Rangers games, and to be honest in those games, I found nothing particularly offensive about the singing. In the subway beforehand, that was a different story, but the games themselves were fairly tame. That usually (but not always) seems to be the case when I see Rangers on tv. There is a bigoted element, but many Rangers fans are perfectly decent people.

Tame, oh right, so only a bit sectarian. That should be Sevco's new corporate mantra 'The Tame Bigots- since 2012'.

Longmuir seems to be coming in for a bit of flak here alongside Regan & Doncaster. Clearly no-one is going to come out of this smelling of roses and it is unclear what hand he has in the resolution passed on to the SFL clubs. The fact that it has even come to this farce doesn't seem to reflect well on him however both Clyde and the Rovers I think have been fairly positive about him so far. Would be interesting to know exactly what his role is - is he actively working with Regan and Doncaster to push for Sevco in div 1 or is he merely passing on what the SFA and SPL positions are and letting the clubs decide themselves?

He's actively working with Regan and Doncaster but out of the public eye as he's been promised the CEO job in a new single body with a tasty pay rise and all the perks, i.e. they can claim as many expenses as MPs and they do.

The same could be said about this whole situation at the moment...

I don't disagree, and as I said, they're not doing nothing: songs are banned, banners are removed, people are getting chucked out of Ibrox. It's not being done with the impact, authority, and consistency that I would like to see.

Why didn't you, and the "vast majority" of decent Rangers supporters make more of an effort to self Police. The minority of bigots would have had no where to go. Very strange.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18795597

So the restructuring is purely to improve the chances of Sevco getting a promotion slot by increasing promotion from 1 team to 3.

If that the best the SPL/SFA got to offer then if the SFL board do not say GIRFUY then they too are a disgrace.

Its so blatantly transparent that this is the reason for it. If it werent so outrageous it would be laughable

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18795597

So the restructuring is purely to improve the chances of Sevco getting a promotion slot by increasing promotion from 1 team to 3.

If that the best the SPL/SFA got to offer then if the SFL board do not say GIRFUY then they too are a disgrace.

I have long advocated a 14-team SPL in the vein of the McClelland Plan, as the way forward. However... there is no way this should be voted upon with under 48hrs consideration, just to save Rangers.

Sorry, but the "just here for the football" bollox doesn't wash. This thread has been peppered with posts from people who have been "raised" as rangers fans but who, when they realised what the club was all about, turned their back on the bigotry and hatred.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll continue saying it - if you "followed" rangers and claim the gift of free will, you are either actively supporting hatred and bigotry or tacitly condoning it. No wriggle room, no "mah da' made me go", nothing. This institution and all connected with it are a stain on our society.

I can completely understand why you take this view - but I disagree to the extent that the club itself is not intrinsically bigoted; it was founded on no such principle, and indeed was widely regarded to enjoy a very friendly relationship with Celtic until the 1920s. At this point, the story changes, and a lot of bigots assume control of and associate themselves with the club - but it's only intrinsically bigoted to the extent that Germany is intrinsically fascist, that is to say, it's not (it seems about time to invoke Godwin's law). It wasn't established as such, it can disassociate itself with it given enough time, effort and changing social conditions. An element of the support is clearly bigoted, the club itself? In its most recent incarnations, no. And if there is still a club, i've no idea what Charles Green thinks...

To the extent that I'm actively supporting hatred and bigotry? I deny the charge - I've written to the club a couple of times about my thoughts and I'd love to stand up at every home game and shout these people down, but I don't want my head kicked in. Do I help sustain an environment in which it can hide - yes, I'm guilty of that - I said as much in my previous post and I feel heavily conflicted by it.

If Rangers die, those bigots associated with the club don't just disappear in a puff of white smoke and suddenly all is rosy in Scotland - there are massive social and education problems that need addressing in this country; that lies at the root of the problem. These people would inevitably find something else to attach themselves to. Hell, Killie play in blue and while, maybe they'll take a trip down the M77. How'd you fancy Bomber Brown as your new chairman?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18795597

Oh goody, a season or 2 of 14 teams in the top league.

I have long advocated a 14-team SPL in the vein of the McClelland Plan, as the way forward. However... there is no way this should be voted upon with under 48hrs consideration, just to save Rangers.

I do think (Like I am sure everybody else) that restructuring is required, be it 14 or 16 and pyramid or whatever.

But totally agree the sheer blatant manipulation to save them and pretend it is for the good of the game is appalling.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/07/08/craig-burley-column-sfl-minnows-must-vote-rangers-newco-into-first-division-86908-23906004/

Dunno if this has been posted but this article epitomises everything I hate about The Daily Record, the Scottish media in general, the Old Firm and their two cheeks same arse-ness and their disgusting delusions of self importance.