Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have to say that i am so proud of our stance on this!!

Well, seeing as how I live 5 minutes away, up the hill at Dullatur Golf Club... I'll nip down this season and see my true 'local team'. So, Clyde have automatically increased their income with their stance, and will see my bum on a Broadwood seat.

And then just 225,000 more until there's been a view from every man, woman and child in Scotland.

Add that to the twenty quid each have lost in national income to the Rangers outrage, and we have one very popular former football club.

I know there are a lot of people who would like to see Newco join SFL3 and even their own supporters are starting to say the same, but for different reasons than the rest of us I would assume.

Or, do the SFL teams swallow their pride and do a deal that will benefit Scottish football, re-structure the leagues, break the OF/SPL monopoly and give more teams a louder voice? I'm sure this option does not sit easy with many, but perhaps it makes sense for the whole of Scottish football.

This forum is generally full of great discussion, but let's knock the first bolded point on its head as it keeps reapearing: many, many Rangers fans have been saying D3 from the moment Rangers went bust (all the polls reflect this), and a large number want to do it for the right reasons. Don't get me wrong, I'll readily admit our support has plenty disgusting, bigoted, arrogant, glory hunting c***s who don't have the interests of Scottish football at heart, but if you want to categorise the whole Rangers support by sampling from RangersMedia (not particularly you, but this thread generally) then you're just as foolish as most of the muppets who seem to post there.

On the second point, sporting integrity cannot have a price, at any cost. Everybody knows that league reconstruction is necessary for our game to prosper - it wouldn't even be on the table as a bargaining chip if this weren't the case. We're beginning to realise what fan power can accomplish, and there's no reason we can't keep applying it to achieve the reforms we'd like to see in the long run, assuming when this is over that we can stop squabbling long enough to get organised. This is especially the case if the old model based on TV money collapses.

The SPL is a dead horse whatever happens in the next few weeks, there's no way we can continue with 3 governing bodies whatever the outcome, and now is not the time to give in to blackmail.

I have to say that i am so proud of our stance on this!!

It'll all be for nothing though if they get voted into SFL1........surely to f**k the Clubs can't completely alienate their own fans ?!

Then again..this IS Scottish football we're talking about !

Have every faith the SFL clubs will do what is right ... Stenhousemuir and Dumbarton apart ... Stenhousemuir a disgrace to maroon ....

Looks like Davie Irons agrees, this on the BBC...

David Irons quits as Stenhousemuir manager

Stenhousemuir have announced that manager David Irons has resigned due to "personal issues".

The 50-year-old took over at Ochilview Park 18 months ago, having had spells in charge at Gretna and Morton.

He steered the Second Division club away from relegation and took them to a fifth-place finish last season, their highest standing in 12 years.

Irons made Scottish Cup history when he turned out for Threave Rovers at the age of 49 in November 2010.

The former Ayr United, Partick Thistle, Dunfermline and St Johnstone midfielder made the switch to Stenny a month later but was not tempted to get his playing boots back on.

The club say they will issue a statement soon.

Looks like Davie Irons agrees, this on the BBC...

David Irons quits as Stenhousemuir manager

Stenhousemuir have announced that manager David Irons has resigned due to "personal issues".

The 50-year-old took over at Ochilview Park 18 months ago, having had spells in charge at Gretna and Morton.

He steered the Second Division club away from relegation and took them to a fifth-place finish last season, their highest standing in 12 years.

Irons made Scottish Cup history when he turned out for Threave Rovers at the age of 49 in November 2010.

The former Ayr United, Partick Thistle, Dunfermline and St Johnstone midfielder made the switch to Stenny a month later but was not tempted to get his playing boots back on.

The club say they will issue a statement soon.

A man of integrity:-)

I'm fed up with this nonsense..All of this to protect 6 SPL clubs TV money.Clubs who were perfectly happy to collude with the toxic two in impoverishing everyone below the SPL.

GIRFU the lot of them.SFL 3 or nothing.Like most people in my city i dont want to see workmates without a team to support this season,but stick to the rules FFS.For too long we've tolerated a structure that has systematically destroyed our game.

I'm old enough to remember an 18 team first tier and you know what?It worked.Players were blooded and came through to become respected internationalists in a decent Scotland team.Our clubs were successful in Europe.

Have a geographical split for the second tier thus saving for example Elgin travelling to Stranraer etc,along with play offs in a pyramid structure from the juniors upwards.I can think of many junior ,highland and east of scotland clubs who would bring something positive to the senior leagues.

As for meaningless games,if we had 2 automatic relegation and a play off between 3rd bottom and the 2 2nd teams in the north/south leagues then anyone below 10th in the top flight would be involved to the end of the season.The top half vying for Euro qualification.And as our home grown talent came through our coefficient would also improve.Even teams from Ireland do better than us these days and no offence to the Irish,but thats how far along the road to utter pish we are thanks to the SPL self interest club.

Add that to the twenty quid each have lost in national income to the Rangers outrage, and we have one very popular former football club.

As I've pointed out before, they haven't robbed every Scottish taxpayer of £20 each, only £2. The taxpayers in the rest of the UK have had to share the pain!

If Scotland was independent, then you'd be right. But since the country would then be governed by the same sort of numpties who run the football, that might be the least fo your worries ....;)

A man of integrity:-)

He is really not tbh. He muscled 2 people out of their jobs and tried with another.

Also he is shit at his job.

As pointed out earlier he is leaving due to Saturdays no longer being suitable.

Not sure the lower league fans really want a regional set up Guiness my pal. I`d say the supporters love a long day out of an away trip! But good point raised about the Irish- particularly League of Ireland. Scottish `rejects` such as Craig Sives & Gary Twigg flourishing at Shamrock rovers who, despite having small crowds and next to no TV deal did better than any Scottish side in Europe. They`ve had big sides like Cork City go bust and reform and they still do better than us. Guys like Sean Dillon come from that league and are standouts. If that league can perform better than we can on a fraction of the cash floating about here then, forgive me, shove this `armageddon` bollocks up yer arse!! They do have a summer league though....but that`s an another argument.....

We're beginning to realise what fan power can accomplish...

Good. The whole point of football is to entertain the fans and if you don't give them what they want then clubs won't and don't deserve to be in business any more. The problem is that club bosses and players see football as being any other job or business where all they're interested in is keeping money coming in to pay their salary, forgetting that they're there for us.

It shouldn't be the case that they provide a service and if we like what they've done with it then we remain paying customers. Whether the like it or not, the SFA / SPL / SFL are there for us and it should be the other way around. This is why clubs like Brechin City are effectively owned by the season ticket holders. We elect the board on our behalf to do what we want. It's not the opposite case of them saying "if you don't like our product then you can spend your money elsewhere".

Edited by Hedgecutter