Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Jaw dropping . Absolutely Jaw dropping.

Must be true. The Sun said so.

All they've done is take what the income would've been next season (£18.75M) and multiplied if by 5yrs of intended Sky-ESPN deal = £93.75M.

Then multiplied this claimed £3M that will be offered if it's 3yrs+ without Rangers = £15M. That £3M is of course Doncaster's figure put to SFL.

£93.75M minus £15M = £78.75M then round-it-up for added effect.

So it's nothing new.

A quick Google found this little gem from the same author.

You won't get Rangers on cheap

The insider said: “There’s no way David Murray will let the club go at a knockdown price. “His main concern will always be, as he has stated before, that the club ends up in the right hands."

He is also the ghost writer of the autobiographies of Barry Ferguson, Andy Goram and Iain Durrant.

Tbh both Dumbarton and Stenny have explained why and on what (contested) information they made the decision, in Dumbarton's case one supported by their fans directly. Don't see why there needs to be any boycott of either and my prediction is you'll find no meaningful boycott of either.

Would have to disagree here. Any Club who thinks it's alright to shoehorn Sevco in to SFL1 and distorting the League will not receive a penny from me (nor many others I know). Being complicit with these proposals makes them as guilty as the authorities from which they came. Why go to football at all in Scotland if the entire setup is rigged? A yes vote is asking for trouble not to mention calling the fans' bluff.

Edited by GunnerBairn

goodness fuckity gracious me.........top top scientists would need to fire john brown and gazza around a twelve mile circuit under the alps to smash them into each other at near to the speed of light to get close to the superhypermegaglobalclusterfu** created by the scottish football rain man confederation onanting themselves to death over some bonkers notion of right and wrong. First of all wanting to finacially threaten football clubs to get them to do your bidding seems awfully reminiscent of one of the hysterical claims many are making against the governing bodies.....the smell of hypocrisy is more powerful than susan boyles love cave. Secondly football and cheating....who gives a flying....how many supporters would pass over promotion if one of their players admitted they dived to win a league winning penalty leaving another club consigned to a division they should rightly have won........................ Thirdly why should Rangers go into the third just to placate a noisy minority of electronic warriors...it's impractical, unworkable and frankly just silly. Peace out!

how dare you besmirch the name of ron burgundy...

The Sun are just one publication who just don't get it.

It doesn't matter if its £16 million, £40 million, £80 million or £200 million going out of the game.

We simply cannot have a club who cheated and defrauded on this scale being anywhere but the lowest league, and they are damn lucky to still have a sniff of a chance at that IMO !!!

If there are innocent victims, and I sincerely hope there aren't, then so be it. If that's the price then it has to be paid and hell mend Rangers football club because this is all they're doing.

How are they not getting it STILL after all that's happened.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9390002/Rangers-in-crisis-SPL-set-to-improve-offer-to-SFL-in-last-gasp-attempt-to-get-Rangers-newco-into-First-Division.html

That incitement, a desperate bid to help preserve the SPL's TV deal with Sky, is likely to include a return to three senior divisions, with the top tier expanded to include 16 clubs by 2015. Play-offs, however, are believed to have been removed from the agenda.

Right so a 16 team league with 1 relegation spot? Which I presume is the case as no extra spots have been mentioned in the article. That sounds riveting as f**k. Looks like the game would lose more than the stated losses if that happened.

Edited by MTJ

http://www.telegraph. ..t-Division.html

That incitement, a desperate bid to help preserve the SPL's TV deal with Sky, is likely to include a return to three senior divisions, with the top tier expanded to include 16 clubs by 2015. Play-offs, however, are believed to have been removed from the agenda.

Right so a 16 team league with 1 relegation spot? Which I presume is the case as no extra spots have been mentioned in the article. That sounds riveting as f**k. Looks like the game would lose more than the stated £20m if that happened.

It's a case of "suggest every single possible option until one of them works" at the moment.

I really wish everyone in the press would stop calling them Rangers with regard to the NewCo team to apply for permission to play in the SFL. Most annoying.

My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday.

I said I'd like to see her with a bald fanny.

She gave me a picture of herself with John bomber Brown.!

:huh:

I've had a look at the clashes caused by Rangers taking-over Stranraer's fixtures and Dundee taking-over Club 12's fixtures... It's quite clear there should be no need whatsoever for lists to be redrawn.

Rangers & Celtic clashes

SAT 1 SEP... CELTIC v HIBS, RANGERS v ELGIN

* Celtic move to Sunday anyway if in EL QR4

* otherwise 1 moves to Sunday

SAT 22 SEP... CELTIC V DUNDEE, RANGERS V MONTROSE

* Celtic move to Sunday anyway if in EL group

SAT 10 NOV... CELTIC V ST JOHNSTONE, RANGERS V PETERHEAD

* Celtic move to Sunday anyway if in EL group

Dundee Utd & Dundee clashes

SAT 15 SEP... DUNDEE V MOTHERWELL, DUNDEE UTD V ROSS CUNTY

* 1 moves to Sunday

SAT 20 OCT... DUNDEE V INVERNESS, DUNDEE UTD V ABERDEEN

* Dundee Utd v Aberdeen likely TV pick

SAT 3 NOV... DUNDEE V HEARTS, DUNDEE UTD V CELTIC

* Dundee Utd v Celtic likely TV pick

SAT 17 NOV... DUNDEE V HIBS, DUNDEE UTD V KILMARNOCK

* 1 moves to Sunday

WED 28 NOV... DUNDEE V KILMARNOCK, DUNDEE UTD V MOTHERWELL

* 1 moves to Tuesday

BOXING DAY... DUNDEE V CELTIC, DUNDEE UTD V ST JOHNSTONE

* 1 moves to Thursday evening

SAT 29 DEC... DUNDEE V ABERDEEN, DUNDEE UTD V ST MIRREN

* 1 moves to Sunday

SAT 26 JAN... DUNDEE V ST MIRREN, DUNDEE UTD V ROSS COUNTY

* vulnerable to League Cup SFs anyway

SAT 9 FEB... DUNDEE V ROSS COUNTY, DUNDEE UTD V HEARTS

* 1 moves to Sunday

http://www.telegraph...t-Division.html

Right so a 16 team league with 1 relegation spot? Which I presume is the case as no extra spots have been mentioned in the article. That sounds riveting as f**k. Looks like the game would lose more than the stated losses if that happened.

It's not. It sounds like the St Mirren option- 16 team SPL with several splits and relegations spots based on Belgian model.

http://www.telegraph...t-Division.html

Firstly is it not already too late? A majority of SFL clubs have announced intentions to oppose SFL1.

Secondly I wonder what Hibs/Aberdeen/etc. who vehemently opposed expansion think. And what the left-over 26 do.

Thirdly no play-offs? Thrilling stuff.

It's either nonsense, or a farcically cobbled-together last dice throw.

Even if it is Belgium's system... bottom doesn't automatically go down; clubs can play 32, 33, 34 35, 36, 38, 40, 41, or 42 games (+ biggest clubs get most games); only 2 of top 6 are guaranteed Europe; final EL place would be a play-off between 3rd and some who finished 7th-14th; clubs only take-forward 50% of points gained before split; it requires 42 matchdays.

Clubs can't adopt such reform at 2 days notice, they're so out-of-the-box it's crazy :lol:!!

Edited by HibeeJibee

1341966463[/url]' post='6417836']

I've had a look at the clashes caused by Rangers taking-over Stranraer's fixtures and Dundee taking-over Club 12's fixtures... It's quite clear there should be no need whatsoever for lists to be redrawn

How long did that take you ? I'm guessing 15 minutes, 20 minutes tops.

An entire back page article by Britains top selling red top debunked in 20 minutes

So to summarise... if they really do want the Belgian model it'll look like this...

BEFORE SPLIT

=======

=======

15 relegation play-offs

16 relegation play-offs

AFTER SPLIT

TOP 6

1 Champions League

2 Europa League

==================

3 EL play-off final

==================

MIDDLE 8

7 EL play-off semi-final

==================

8 EL play-off semi-final

==================

EUROPA LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS

Semi-Final... 7th v 8th

Final... 3rd v 7th/8th

Rather bizarre, especially relegation and European qualification, infact it approaches the barmy.

It's got other flaws beyond that. Can we accomodate 4 extra matchdays? How do you value a Season Ticket?

1st... 20 homes

2nd... 20

3rd... 21

4th... 20

5th... 20

6th... 20

7th... 20

8th... 19

9th... 18

10th... 18

11th... 18

12th... 18

13th... 18

14th... 18

15th... 16-18 (more if inter-league play-offs)

16th... 16-17

Edited by HibeeJibee

All they've done is take what the income would've been next season (£18.75M) and multiplied if by 5yrs of intended Sky-ESPN deal = £93.75M.

Then multiplied this claimed £3M that will be offered if it's 3yrs+ without Rangers = £15M. That £3M is of course Doncaster's figure put to SFL.

£93.75M minus £15M = £78.75M then round-it-up for added effect.

So it's nothing new.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel now, amazing how desperate some are.

Why not print this headline instead

DESERTION OF ONLY 3500 FANS WILL COST THE FIRST DIVISION £1MILLION - FANS SAY NO TO NEWCO

CLUBS FACE FINANCIAL RUIN IF NEWCO ADMITTED TO SFL 1

Edited by Wokcomble

1341968603[/url]' post='6417865']

I may be wrong but if Newco are not voted back into SFL1, Stewart Regan has said they will not play in SFL3

Stewart Regan is quite correct . As the proposal stands at the moment if they are not voted into SFL1, they will not be playing in SFL 3, or indeed any other league.

I think what he meant to say or perhaps he DID say it, was, come what may, Rangers MUST play in SFL 1. Of course he won't actually be able to deliver that if the clubs don't give him the mandate but there you go.

Edited by Only A Game !

Thommo suggesting on twitter that Berwick only voted SFL3 because of his tweet. Jeez I used to like the guy but give us a break

Yup. The guy is fucking full of himself.

Typical journalist - the sun rises only because he wrote about it.

Meh ...

Borys

Edited by Borys

Stewart Regan is quite correct . As the proposal stands at the moment if they are not voted into SFL1, they will not be playing in SFL 3, or indeed any other league.

I think what he meant to say or perhaps he DID say it, was, come what may, Rangers MUST play in SFL 1. Of course he won't actually be able to deliver that if the clubs don't give him the mandate but there you go.

Hopefully a NO vote to SFL 1, just to see what the next move will be. The pressure on the SFL reps to vote SFL1 will be cranked up in the next couple of days.