Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He is on the SPL Board whose proposal was presented to the SFL by Doncaster actions speak louder than words. Who is being niave here Dumbarton for beleiving the threats or SPL Fans for believing their clubs have nothing to do with it. Both I would say.

Can't really argue with this.

Not sure why this Dumbarton guy is getting such a hard time.

Doncaster who works for the SPL clubs has been heaping the pressure on SFL clubs. It really doesn't require much of a leap to recognise that the SPL 'No' vote was made on the understanding that SFL clubs would be pressed into voting 'Yes' on 1st division entry.

Let's not pretend otherwise please - we're not children.

not sure of the implications of this.

BBC Sportsound ‏@bbcsportsound

SFL clubs seek merger plan change: Scottish Football League clubs are worried they would be underrepresented in ... http://bbc.in/MW1cAm

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Edited by cowden0

More than a bit pissed off at Tommos tweets regarding Berwick's SFL1 vote. Seems after doing some research not a shred of truth in this. Board meeting is tonight and the club will then release a statement. 100% sure they will not go against Supporters Trust mandate and it will be SFL3 - hope Tommo retracts as these sort of statements can cause clubs serious harm. He should not be second guessing our clubs intentions based on a shareholding in anow defunct company.

The proposal from the SFL to chairman will require different %ages on different items.

Accept Newco into league - 50% (but only where a vacancy exists, otherwise 75% to accommodate 31 members)

SFL 3 or SFL 1 - 50%

Waiving of the two year notice period for Dun* to resign - 66% (rule 12 explicitly states this)

12. NOTICE TO RESIGN MEMBERSHIP

No Member shall resign, retire or otherwise cease to be a member of the

League unless it shall have given not less than two full seasons prior written

notice so to do, unless with the approval of not less than two-thirds (66%)

of the votes cast at a general meeting of the League.

HJ - I await your contradictions :rolleyes:

Doncaster who works for the SPL clubs has been heaping the pressure on SFL clubs. It really doesn't require much of a leap to recognise that the SPL 'No' vote was made on the understanding that SFL clubs would be pressed into voting 'Yes' on 1st division entry.

He's not getting a hard time. He's basically being asked to expand on the statements he's making because he's too busy trying to make his posts combative and edgy to see that a lot of them come out looking like troll shite.

The Clyde demand might provide `end game` at last.

If I`m right, 20 votes from member clubs are needed to support an amendment of this nature. That`s 20 clubs out of 30 demanding a specific resolution calling for Newco to enter either SFL1 or SFL3 and for the clubs to be allowed to vote accordingly.

Can you imagine the response if they get the numbers needed? Of course,the SFL board would have to deem the amendment competent but I would think they`d have a hard time refusing to accept it on this basis.

Correctamundo. Back in the good old days of Jim Farry and Ernie Walker, if Lumphinan Violet were playing Young Boys of Cardenden in the Deepest Darkest Fife League Div.3 on a Wednesday night, it meant we couldn't get to see Dundee Yinitit / Aberdeen v. Some Euro Crap on TV.

Them were the days.

Yeah I remember a game on Sky, think it was Aberdeen v Rangers at Pittodrie in 1994/5 ish, that was supposed to go ahead, they were live on telly, and had to say "the SFA have stopped us showing this game because of... (Alloa vs someone or other)"

Or maybe the blocked game was Dundee v Falkirk, I really can't remember, but I do remember it being blocked by the blooming SFA,

I fear Doncaster and Longmuir are going to pull a fast one here and simply take the decision away from the SFL Clubs.

I'll be very, very surprised if Newco aren't in Division 1 next season :(

The reason the Dumbarton twat is getting such a hard time is that many SPL supporting posters on this thread, myself included, have denounced the pressure the SPL chairmen may be asserting behind the scenes. Some of us have even written to or e-mailed our club chairmen with our concerns.

i take your points on board, actual "punishments" in the form of a governing body etc dishing things out have not amounted to much as of now. perhaps a more accurate phrase would have been "just leave us alone now". rangers fans such as myself have been through enough. our club just wants to start again in the third division and build up but we are getting used by everybody to score points. what would be the point in placing a hamstrung rangers in div1? the way i see it we would struggle right now just to stay in that division.

what i was trying to get across is that everyone is obsessed with having a go at rangers, looking backward instead of forward. call us what you want from now on i really dont care, if the next trophy we win is our 1st, 51, or 101st it'll still mean the same to me, look at afc wimbledon. but eventually everybody has to let us get on with trying to win that cup.

if other clubs hadnt ran up so much debt the rangers issue would have been dealt with in five minutes just like grenta etc. but it cant be because other chairmen have build thier business model on living off the back of the old firm and that IS NOT rangers fault. that point seems to be lost on everybody that your own chairmens incompetance has contributed to this shambles and blaming rangers for that might make you feel better for a while but if we do get punted into division three alot of clubs will have to face up to the stark reality that thier own books dont balance.

people in glass houses and aw that....

Firstly, rangers fans have been through nowhere near enough. Call it karma or whatever but, after decades of triumphalist , arrogant and abusive behaviour it's all of a sudden gone a bit Pete Tong. You'd have to be seriously confused if you didn't understand why the rest of Scotland finds this absolutely hilarious. Funnily enough, down here in Yorkshire nobody really gives a stuff - not quite the reach you'd expect of a global brand. biggrin.gif

Secondly, the poor diddums just want to go into Div 3 and start again. Well, I want an Aston Martin - but I can't provide the proper criteria for said vehicle, i.e. loads of cash. Can Sevco/Zombierangers/Govan Redhands show that they have the required resources to fulfil their commitments? Not from what their squabbling and backbiting would suggest.

Also, were I to go for a desirable luxury car, I'd probably have to join a waitng list. Can you give me ONE good reason why a set of thieving, lying, cheating bigots should be allowed to elbow aside ANY of the clubs who have run within their means for years in the hope of being accepted to the SFL?

Get your head round it - rangers are dead. They were crooks. Nobody will miss them. Or their fans.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/07/08/craig-burley-column-sfl-minnows-must-vote-rangers-newco-into-first-division-86908-23906004/

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

What a shocking article, from this ugly, pathetic excuse of a punter. We should hound this c**t out of Scottish football once we bury Rangers Newco, always a terrible pundit and one i wish nothing but the worst with in his career and life. Hopefully he'll be selling the big issue in a few years, although to be fair their journalists are 100x the standard of him.

Utter bellend.

not sure of the implications of this.

BBC Sportsound ‏@bbcsportsound

SFL clubs seek merger plan change: Scottish Football League clubs are worried they would be underrepresented in ... http://bbc.in/MW1cAm

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

I'm sure there would have to be some kind of fair voting system.

Celtic - 100 votes

Rest of SPL - 10 votes each

SFL clubs - 1 vote each

Sevco - 40 votes

Seems likely....

Edited by AyrshireTon

I fear Doncaster and Longmuir are going to pull a fast one here and simply take the decision away from the SFL Clubs.

For Christ's sake. Not going to happen. Firstly it is f**k all to do with Doncaster, secondly Longmuir is answerable to the SFL not the other way around. The only one who can try to take the decision away is Regan and he's fucking deluded if he thinks he will getting the backing to do this.

Get ready to be surprised.

If they're in the 1st the SPL clubs will need to sell their souls to the SFL.