Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There may be individuals who are inclined towards sectarianism but, gladly, it is not an issue I have ever encountered in Dundee or its surroundings. In fact I was well into my 30's when I experienced an Orange walk for the first time. My wife and I were through in Glasgow for the day and saw one. After a couple of minutes witnessing the triumphalism and obvious bigotry we walked away from the thing disgusted. I pity people brought up in and around communities where this type of behaviour is common practice.

Living in the west for over 40 years and not very far from Kilwinning, I have only seen Orange Walks on telly.

And my great gran was into the Elizabethan Star and all that stuff but she resigned at age 90 when she finally realised what they stood for.

There may be individuals who are inclined towards sectarianism but, gladly, it is not an issue I have ever encountered in Dundee or its surroundings. In fact I was well into my 30's when I experienced an Orange walk for the first time. My wife and I were through in Glasgow for the day and saw one. After a couple of minutes witnessing the triumphalism and obvious bigotry we walked away from the thing disgusted. I pity people brought up in and around communities where this type of behaviour is common practice.

I fully agree , I was more having a go at the old Dundee board who fell for the joker that was Melville and the bigot that is McLean.

I see Alex Thomson is saying that a significant majority of the SFL board are pressing for Division 1 entry. I am sickened by this. Surely, those clubs with representatives on the SFL board should not be allowed to vote?

I am particularly hacked off cause two of the Angus clubs, Brechin and Arbroath, are represented there - and even more so when I see whose these representatives are mad.gif . Can any of the Brechin or Arbroath fans I have seen posting tell me if they have contacted the clubs to voice their dissent at Division 1 and if they have had any response?

. I imagine it must be easier to get a small group of people in a room and scare/bully/ bribe/threaten/cajole them when there are no dissenting voices. As HJ had previously pointed out these people are there in a personal capacity, I wonder, therefore, if their boards will feel obliged to support their positions? Maybe the embarrassment factor will play a role in them doing so.

. I imagine it must be easier to get a small group of people in a room and scare/bully/ bribe/threaten/cajole them when there are no dissenting voices. As HJ had previously pointed out these people are there in a personal capacity, I wonder, therefore, if their boards will feel obliged to support their positions? Maybe the embarrassment factor will play a role in them doing so.

Yeah, that is kind of what I was meaning Granny - are these clubs really likely to vote no Division 1 and chuck them in Division 3 when their representatives to the SFL are threatening "Armageddon" if it is not the first?

The Press & Media manager at Motherwell posted this on Steelmen Online in response to similar questions.

"I have also read suggestions that because Derek Weir is on the board of the SPL, he would have played some part in the document that was published by STV a few days ago. Well, to copy and paste a reply I added to FirParkCorner earlier:

I think it's worthwhile starting by saying that neither I or the club can comment or put out a statement for every media story or bit of speculation that may turn out in a newspaper or website - certainly not with deadlines that's for sure.

We would be here all day and it would take us away from the job of trying to improve the club in every area which is our main focus.

I can confirm no one from Motherwell Football Club had any input into the production of the document you linked and in fact had not seen it prior it to it being distributed. Furthermore, no one from the club has taken part in any discussion with anyone from the Scottish Football League.

Any discussions between the Scottish FA (SFA), Scottish Premier League (SPL) or Scottish Football League (SFL) would take place between the executives of each organisation. We, as a club, will not be a party to threatening any other club. Regardless of what league they may play in, each club is free to make their own decisions on any issue as they see fit. "

If your club is against this proposal go public or inform the media you are against this. If not by doing nothing you are complicit in it. Will you boycott your club if they do nothing.

We told our clubs we'd boycott if they didn't vote no. Now they've voted no, putting their own financial futures in the balance we're supposed to boycott if the next demand isn't met. What if they end up going with SPL2 in 12/13 - boycott again?

If your club is against this proposal go public or inform the media you are against this. If not by doing nothing you are complicit in it. Will you boycott your club if they do nothing.

It's no longer Motherwell's business. It's the SFL who are to decide.

At the moment it's the executive members of the cartel that are applying pressure via their pets in the media.

We told our clubs we'd boycott if they didn't vote no. Now they've voted no, putting their own financial futures in the balance we're supposed to boycott if the next demand isn't met. What if they end up going with SPL2 in 12/13 - boycott again?

No, but it is ok to boycott my club for giving in to the SPL Clubs threats and blackmail. What happened to the quote "not in my name".

No, but it is ok to boycott my club for giving in to the SPL Clubs threats and blackmail. What happened to the quote "not in my name".

No I don't think that's OK. I think the constant threat of boycotts is pretty pathetic and is becoming ineffective.

Clubs have to weigh up.the pros and cons of their own situation and should be respected for that

Cant say I've seen an Orange Walk, but I have seen a sausage roll.:rolleyes:

The push must be on now to kick newco out of the game. Friday is the biggest day in the history of the SFL with regard to seeing what our clubs are made of.

Do the right thing.

Newco are not in the game to be kicked out.

If they are accepted into the SFL whether it be league 1 or 3 then they are breaking their own rules. Newco have not got 3 years books.

Yeah, that is kind of what I was meaning Granny - are these clubs really likely to vote no Division 1 and chuck them in Division 3 when their representatives to the SFL are threatening "Armageddon" if it is not the first?

In fairness I think it was Regan, and possibly Cockwomble, who was using the Armageddon word. Nonetheless I understand the point you are making but don't think you can exclude clubs from a vote because someone from that club is on the SFL board and may have already made up their minds.

SFL clubs will only vote newco into division 1 if either a) they are stupid and believe the Armageddon/threat of SPL2 bullshit; or, b) if they are being greedy and see this as a way to get some short-term gain from the situation.

Ironically if people abandon the game because of this fiasco I think it will hit the smaller clubs more in the long run.

I see Alex Thomson is saying that a significant majority of the SFL board are pressing for Division 1 entry. I am sickened by this. Surely, those clubs with representatives on the SFL board should not be allowed to vote?

I am particularly hacked off cause two of the Angus clubs, Brechin and Arbroath, are represented there - and even more so when I see whose these representatives are mad.gif . Can any of the Brechin or Arbroath fans I have seen posting tell me if they have contacted the clubs to voice their dissent at Division 1 and if they have had any response?

I have. Sent an email over a week ago but had no reply. But I wouldn't expect our chairman to take any notice unfortunately. Listening to fans is definitely not one of his strong points.

Mibbe a daft question but BBC article calls the Newco 'Sevco Scotland Ltd'

When did that happen? Is that a Newco to Sevco 5088 Ltd (registered in England)?

Did the old RFC assets go to Sevco 5088 then to Sevco Scotland.

Or is the reporter just taking in the shit dished to them by Greeny?

I'm confused.

I was having a look for something else and came across and article about the new £80m 5 year SPL TV deal, running until the end of the 2016-17 season, this one.

http://www.guardian....v-deal-sky-espn

Beside the fact that it would seem that it was Doncaster who wrote in the 4 OF games a season clause as a way to block league reconstruction, my sums don't seem to add up when I looked at this article.

http://www.guardian....spn-sky-tv-deal

From what I can tell looking at other sources the 2009 TV deal was a £65M 3 year deal with the option to extend for a further 2 years. That's £21.66666666M a year.

The 2 year extension wasn't needed as an £80M 5 year deal was agreed, starting from the start of the 2012-13 season. That's £16M a year. So a worse deal, right?

My confusion comes from the fact that the first article and others have this as a £3M a year increase on the old deal. If the £65M deal was for 5 years (which it wasn't) then that would be £13M a year. That in turn would make the £80M, 3 year deal (which it isn't) work out at £26.666666M a year.

The only way I can get my sums to work is if the £65M is a 5 year deal (£13M a year) and the £80M deal is for 5 years making it a £16M a year deal. This equals a £3M increase on the last deal, sorted.

This should also mean that the new deal doesn't start until the beginning of the 2014-15 season and runs until 2019 (which it doesn't). blink.gif

My point is this new TV deal is much worse isn't it?

I am bad at maths so can somebody explain this to me?

Edited by Invalid Probe

Mibbe a daft question but BBC article calls the Newco 'Sevco Scotland Ltd'

When did that happen? Is that a Newco to Sevco 5088 Ltd (registered in England)?

Did the old RFC assets go to Sevco 5088 then to Sevco Scotland.

Or is the reporter just taking in the shit dished to them by Greeny?

thats who they are now

(i) That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

Edited by itzdrk