Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Wow strong words !! well said more power to your elbow !!!!!! this might be our last chance !!! Save scottish football and get rid of Doncaster and the rest !! again much respect to the hibees !!

While I agree with almost everyting in the Hibs statement - its easy to make these comments froma position where your club has abdicated responsibility of that tough decision and delegated it to the SFL.

It therefore doesn't really matter what supporters organisiations of the SPL clubs think - its up to the SFL supporters to stand firm, canvass our clubs, and work for the long term future of our game. Not a short term kneejerk hvn saving scheme.

I don't have a lot of time for Neil Lennon, but here's a question.

If Neil Lennon had made the comments about 'Rangers supporters and social unrest' that Regan had what would have been the response? How serious a charge would he have been on from the SFA? What would have been the level of condemnation in the press?

While I agree with almost everyting in the Hibs statement - its easy to make these comments froma position where your club has abdicated responsibility of that tough decision and delegated it to the SFL.

It therefore doesn't really matter what supporters organisiations of the SPL clubs think - its up to the SFL supporters to stand firm, canvass our clubs, and work for the long term future of our game. Not a short term kneejerk hvn saving scheme.

You may be wrong. One of the proposals being mooted is an additional play off place between the SPL and the First Division for te coming season. That makes it an issue for SPL clubs and their fans.

It's been a long day and, after the Murray match, I'm a bit tired and emotional, so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious but in what way have the SPL teams abdicated responsibility and delegated the decision to the SFL? What else could they have done other than say No to the Newco?

How long will animosity last, though?

Imagine this scenario... clubs hold firm. Rangers into SFL3. As a result SPL clubs p*ssed-off, and badly-hit financially. Some months go by. SPL clubs decide not to offer the "compromise" (merger/play-offs/increases parachutes/etc.) but instead to offer SPL2 with related incentives (but also those savings SPL2 entailed). Given 2yrs notice etc., this coincides with Rangers reaching Tier 2 and sponsorships improving.

Would your Falkirks, Hamiltons, Mortons stay out of that? I'm not so sure.

It involves plenty assumptions but maybe that's what Stenhousemuir etc. fear... a sort of delayed-action sting-in-the-tail.

Oh absolutely, once this storm passes over SFL1 clubs will be back to murdering their own grannies to get a bigger slice of the revenue. And to be entirely fair, some of them have to as their current 'business' 'models' are hilariously unsustainable (our own for a start).

But if clubs like Stenhousemuir think that putting Sevco into the First is in any way going to delay or prevent this exact same process from happening anyway, they're kidding themselves. They're not even being 'duped' here: they're just craven.

I don't have a lot of time for Neil Lennon, but here's a question.

If Neil Lennon had made the comments about 'Rangers supporters and social unrest' that Regan had what would have been the response? How serious a charge would he have been on from the SFA? What would have been the level of condemnation in the press?

Not only that.

Comments along the lines of "No Rangers would bring about social unrest" are basically a dressed-up, roundabout way of saying "No Rangers would bring about social unrest because the majority of their fans can't be trusted to act as responsible citizens, and without Rangers and the reflected glory they bring to the social inadequates that make up the bulk of their support we would see scenes in Scotland similar to those of the Uefa Cup Final in Manchester a few years back"

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Just e-mailed Les Gray at Accies for the second time in a fortnight, urging him not to be bullied and Vote No. All we can really do, keep the pressure up on our clubs.

Surely we must have a presence at Hampden on Friday?

If the end result is Newco in DIV1 what are the fans REALLY going to do about it?

We do not really want to punish our clubs, it's not their fault that they ended

up in this shitty position.

So, what other options?

Boycott Scotland games at Hampden? I would say that's a goer.

Boycott Olympic football at Hampden? Already happening!

Boycott all events at Hampden? Too many non fitba fans.

Any other suggestions?

I'm not going back (8pts SSC) to another Scotland game with SFA having that imbecile Regan at the helm.

In fact, so fcking sick of the whole utter disgrace of Scottish Football that will not be going back at all if vermin reincarnate are parachuted into SFL1.

I'll honur my corporate commitment to AFC this season in a *** free SPL, then that will be it.

End.

Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly:

'We don't want to be in Division One with sanctions imposed to satisfy other people,' Kerr said.

'It is not a palatable solution at all. In any other football league organisation, you would join it at the bottom.'

'But what can we do? Reject the invitation to join the SFL? Not join a league at all?'

'It is a huge dilemma and it is of huge concern. And why should it be the case that there could be sanctions? Aren't the punishments we have had not been severe enough?'

'We were deducted points last season in SPL. We were fined, we are out of Europe and will be for three seasons.'

'We have lost the vast majority of our first-team squad. I don't know what else they can do?'

Mail Online

Seriously.

What a fucking retard.

Not threaten to stop paying a legally binding £2m settlement to the SFL?

That's not abdicating responsibility. The SPL teams did what we asked of them - they voted to prevent Newco entering the SPL.

If we're to blame the SPL teams for the subsequent threatening actions of the Cockwomble & co should we also blame the SFL clubs for voting Newco into the SFL KNOWING that they'll go straight to the First Division?

It's been a long day and, after the Murray match, I'm a bit tired and emotional, so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious but in what way have the SPL teams abdicated responsibility and delegated the decision to the SFL? What else could they have done other than say No to the Newco?

Fair point - to an extent. I went on a vodka fueled rant after a long day - for which I apologse. They've delegated the decision to the SFL - but did not abdicate responsibility.

That's not abdicating responsibility. The SPL teams did what we asked of them - they voted to prevent Newco entering the SPL.

If we're to blame the SPL teams for the subsequent threatening actions of the Cockwomble & co should we also blame the SFL clubs for voting Newco into the SFL KNOWING that they'll go straight to the First Division?

Don't think you're looking at the bigger picture. We may find by Friday that the SPL chairmen have been more than a bit duplicitous on his matter; I hope I'm wrong.

There is a statement on the Raith site which outlines the concerns of our Board. Some of the statement mentions lack time to take legal advice. Hopefully we and others are taking advice on what legal action can be raken to prevent this stitch up. Morally we know the rigged vote is wrong hopefully Raith or others can make a succesful legal challenge.

That's not abdicating responsibility.

Indeed it isn't. It's applying ridiculous financial pressure on member clubs of another league, based on highly dubious grounds, morally and legally. It's almost as if the SPL clubs want Sevco playing in the First Division next season!

And of course, it's now up to the SFL clubs to make their mind up. And they ought to reject it. That said, the clear abdication of responsibility has been from the SFA all along, even before Regan started making a complete fool of himself by speaking.

If we're to blame the SPL teams for the subsequent threatening actions of the Cockwomble & co

Which we should, as Cockwomble is only a very bad mouthpiece for the member clubs.

should we also blame the SFL clubs for voting Newco into the SFL KNOWING that they'll go straight to the First Division?

Absolutely. Every single one of the craven cowards who vote them in on Friday, if this remains the plan. And also Dundee for being so cowardly as to not state their position or vote at all.

Don't think you're looking at the bigger picture. We may find by Friday that the SPL chairmen have been more than a bit duplicitous on his matter; I hope I'm wrong.

I'm never certain whether the world is run by conspiracy or by cock-up. When it comes to the incompetents in charge of the SPL, I veer towards the latter. But. I'm prepared to be proven wrong.

There is a statement on the Raith site which outlines the concerns of our Board. Some of the statement mentions lack time to take legal advice. Hopefully we and others are taking advice on what legal action can be raken to prevent this stitch up. Morally we know the rigged vote is wrong hopefully Raith or others can make a succesful legal challenge.

Surely that's easy - vote no?