Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

my view of the future

newco to SFL1 , sevco fans not happy& dont turn up & sevco go into administration on Feb 14th 2013

another newco is set up & admitted directly into the SPL.................

SFL rules set-out how promotion/relegation works between divisions. Unfortunately, a loophole exists: it doesn't specify that some joining has to go into the Third one!!

If no rules are broken, though...?

In which case any team can declare themselves a newco and demand promotion or more accurately access to sfl one

Protest at Hampden this Friday, folks?

If the ball gets rolling and something gets organised, I can make it to Hampden. 10.30 am for their 11 o'Clock start.

In which case any team can declare themselves a newco and demand promotion or more accurately access to sfl one

Well, a club not already in membership could, but the rules also state the divisions each consist of 10 clubs. It's only since Dunfermline/Dundee are moving-up that there's the ability to admit Rangers directly.

The meeting is scheduled for 11am.

So by the time they've done the formalities of starting the session, you're looking at 11.30 before any real presentations are done.

And theres a buffet lunch after the meeting. So if that's as late as say 2pm (and there will be some hungry chairmen by that point), then that's only a couple of hours to debate and vote on such a huge decision.

I do hope someone tries a legal challenge to this. Its the only language these b*****ds understand.

Can any shareholders of clubs try a legal challenge, I wonder? Or are we back to the ruling that you can't take your own National Assoc. to the civil courts?

Can't remember TFKAR bothering about the impact of taking the governing bodies to the civil courts.

The proposals are not a David Longmuir production, the SFL management committee will have approved, if not written, the document sent to the clubs. The board represents 8 member clubs in the league with at least one representative from each division. In pessimistic mode, I fear that the sevco XI will be playing in the second tier of Scottish football next season, whether it is SFL 1 or an already drafted SPL 2 prepared by SPL/SFA, connived at by the SFL board and which cuts adrift the present SFL 3

I think you're probably right with the first part. Equally there is a possibility that Longmuir has gone rogue. Remember Cockwomble was briefing the media and Charlie Green right up to the last minute about a scenario that just didn't exist.

The SPL2 thing is bullshit, the only people who believe in it are people who are trying to justify capitulation to Longmuir and co. if the SFL chairmen hold their nerves this will be punted and any arseholes on the SFL board who have approved it will be quietly shuffled to one side.

Well, a club not already in membership could, but the rules also state the divisions each consist of 10 clubs. It's only since Dunfermline/Dundee are moving-up that there's the ability to admit Rangers directly.

What's the situation then if both refuse to go up?

It's not that crazy given the notice period and the fact they both have budgeted for league 1.

The proposals are not a David Longmuir production, the SFL management committee will have approved, if not written, the document sent to the clubs. The board represents 8 member clubs in the league with at least one representative from each division. In pessimistic mode, I fear that the sevco XI will be playing in the second tier of Scottish football next season, whether it is SFL 1 or an already drafted SPL 2 prepared by SPL/SFA, connived at by the SFL board and which cuts adrift the present SFL 3

Thats certainluy the intension of the carve up - but I honestly don't believe that they have all their ducks in a row to be able to fulfill any commitment.

The best option for them id to take a year out to prepare during which fully considered reform should be possible.

I'm not sure how much Doncaster and Regan's nationality has to do with their understanding of things. I just think they're shite at their jobs,

Its not so much their specific nationality, its the fact that almost everyone from anywhere outwith these borders has an inbuilt pre-conception that Scottish Football is the OF with a load of other dross who's only purpose is to be served as lambs to the slaughter Harlem Globetrotters style.

I doubt if Regan or Doncaster had even seen a Scottish Football match before their appointments and I would be astonished if they did see one that it involved two non OF clubs.

When you come into a job with that mindset, and lets not forget its been perpetuated and kept intact for years by the OF themselves (and why wouldnt they) you cant possibly benefit the game and get to the core of the job you were employed for.

I think theres an opportunity here to get rid of that mindset to a certain extent, and even if we dont, I think the days where the OF clubs dominate the administration of Scottish football to their own ends is on the verge of being beaten. Stopping them dominate on the park of course is a job thats only half done and might take a bit longer but at least there looks like there is about to be a little levelling of the playing field.

They are also shite at their jobs but there is more to it than that.

Edited by Only A Game !

I was just thinking that. Who actually produced this masterpiece ?

Is there any way of finding out ??

The meeting is scheduled for 11am.

So by the time they've done the formalities of starting the session, you're looking at 11.30 before any real presentations are done.

And theres a buffet lunch after the meeting. So if that's as late as say 2pm (and there will be some hungry chairmen by that point), then that's only a couple of hours to debate and vote on such a huge decision.

Better to harangue them before a vote.

I´ve come in from the pool in my hotel in Puerto Mogan in Gran Canaria and after reading some of this I cannot believe that the fans and the clubs are still being treated with contempt. This was supposed to be a nice relaxing week in the sun and now it´s brought me back to raging.

I don´t care who came up with this con`- job but we cannot let them do this in our name. This is all about principle for me. If the clubs decide to take a vote to put them into division one we, the fans, can take it up with our clubs and boycott, walk away or whatever. That´s not what is happening here. They are press-ganging the clubs into their pre-ordained decision. The clubs must refuse to vote on these terms.

For goodness sake, the association is supposed to reflect the wishes of its members. if the SFL or the SPL or the SFA want to ride roughshod over everyone they need to be seen as having done that and we can then decide, as fans and clubs, where we go next. If the vote takes place and they are dropped into division one, the clubs have given the go-ahead and they should be conscious of the fact that this is what they are doing.

If they don´t get the necessary votes they will no doubt create SPL2. They will save face financially but we will all be subjected to many more years of the same rubbish that the SPL has given us for all these years. They cannot wait to get back to the main event..........Rangers v Celtic.

Are all these clubs happy to choose ÝES´?

Sad.......very sad.

p.s. Could the Pie and Bovril regulars please sort this out ? Ineed to go and apply some ´`After-Sun´´

1341683789[/url]' post='6408229']

Sorry to ask a potentially daft question ...but I will anyway!! Was fiorentina a newco? I thought they had been relegated due to someof corruption? Anyway newco here despite mccoists pish isn't being punished by demotion ...it's a brand new entity which if voted in should not be reward with two instant promotions! Surely east Stirling could claim a Dbl promotion since a precedent would have been set?? On top of tommo going to fifa and uefa there must be room for a club to take sfl board /sfa/spl to CAS

It was a NewCo, and their problems were financial, not match fixing. Under Cechhi Gori, a chairman who makes David Murray look prudent, they got into a financial black hole, sold their best players, were relegated on the pitch and entered administration. They were refused a place in Serie B due to their insolvency and the club died.

A new club was formed with a different name and new ownership and did well in C2. Significantly, there was then a massive clusterfuck involving other teams fielding inelegible players in Serie B with relegated teams challenging results. The "solution" was to expand Serie B so that the aggrieved team avoided relegation and an extra space was opened so Fiorentina could skip C1 and go directly to SerieB. Once Fiorentina was promoted again Serie B was shrunk back to its original size. Fiorentina also purchased the dead clubs intangible assets and now claims the honors of the old team.

Given that sort of precedent for jury rigging league structures I think relying on UEFA and FIFA to step in is probably a long shot, although I would argue the Rangers case is somewhat different since there really aren't other clubs involved and the financial driver for the anti-competitive stich-up is much more blatant. Also, people seem to have broadly felt some sympathy for Fiorentina whereas I don't think that's entirely true here.

So if a couple of sfl two or three clubs declare themselves newco this week....chaos would reign...as opposed to the current state of serene stability lol

My club has stated they believe that newco should start nowhere other than SFL3 & i agree with them

to vote newco into the SFL setup they MUST vote them into SFL 3 (according to the question) after that point my club has no part in the further decision as to whether they can be moved to SFL 1

calling me stupid & spelling roll as role rolleyes.gif

You've got two simple choices:

1. Stand up like a man and fight them.

2. Roll over and watch fixed football in Scotland for the rest of your days.

I'm so effin sick of this shit. It's beyond entertainment now, it's actually upsetting.

I'm totally torn about next season for me. Was looking forward to celebrating my club's first ever season in the top flight. Something I have been looking forward to, since they joined the SFL Division 3 in 1994. Yes, my team joined the SFL in the correct manner and worked hard to play in the top league.

However, the game is so obviously weighted and corrupt that I don't know if I want to be part of it. In all seriousness I really wish my team was back in the Highland league.

My dream has been ruined by cheating b******s and cottupt suits.

It was a NewCo, and their problems were financial, not match fixing. Under Cechhi Gori, a chairman who makes David Murray look prudent, they got into a financial black hole, sold their best players, were relegated on the pitch and entered administration. They were refused a place in Serie B due to their insolvency and the club died.

A new club was formed with a different name and new ownership and did well in C2. Significantly, there was then a massive clusterfuck involving other teams fielding inelegible players in Serie B with relegated teams challenging results. The "solution" was to expand Serie B so that the aggrieved team avoided relegation and an extra space was opened so Fiorentina could skip C1 and go directly to SerieB. Once Fiorentina was promoted again Serie B was shrunk back to its original size. Fiorentina also purchased the dead clubs intangible assets and now claims the honors of the old team.

Given that sort of precedent for jury rigging league structures I think relying on UEFA and FIFA to step in is probably a long shot, although I would argue the Rangers case is somewhat different since there really aren't other clubs involved and the financial driver for the anti-competitive stich-up is much more blatant. Also, people seem to have broadly felt some sympathy for Fiorentina whereas I don't think that's entirely true here.

Ahh many thanks for that. Part of me is glad I'm learning ...part of me is hoping I don't fall into a time machine and meet me in my twenties he'd be gutted that I'm spending my sat nite discussing the minutiae of football admin!!!

My club has stated they believe that newco should start nowhere other than SFL3 & i agree with them

to vote newco into the SFL setup they MUST vote them into SFL 3 (according to the question) after that point my club has no part in the further decision as to whether they can be moved to SFL 1

calling me stupid & spelling roll as role rolleyes.gif

I also spelt cunt as comment!