Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Still abroad, so.....are they dead yet?

Sadly not, everyone is running about daft trying to keep them alive. Not looking forward to what Alex Thomson is about to reveal, bit suffice to say, it will not be a surprise.

'Dear Sir or Madam,

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of The Scottish Football League will be held within the Bell/Baird Suite on the fifth floor of Hampden Park, Glasgow on Friday, 13th July, 2012 at 11.00 a.m. for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, approving the following proposals:-

(i) That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the “Board”) to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

(iii) That the Scottish Football League Members in terms of Rule 12 approve the resignation of either Dundee F.C. or Dunfermline Athletic F.C., whichever shall be admitted to join the Scottish Premier League for Season 2012/13, such resignation to take effect as at the date of admission of such club to the Scottish Premier League, notwithstanding that the requisite notice under Rule 12 shall not have been given.Details of the series of measures referred to at (ii) above shall be made available to the Members in advance of the meeting and an opportunity for full discussion of those measures will be given prior to the proposals being put to the meeting.

In accordance with the terms of SFL Rule 53, your club must send one representative to this meeting and I would be most grateful if you could advise me of the name of your representative by return.

A buffet lunch will be served at the conclusion of the meeting.

Kind regards,

David A. Longmuir

Chief Executive, SFL.'

Source - Alex Thomson.

That is one very dangerous game they're playing there.

No to any league it is. Here was me thinking we were all being reasonable allowing them entry to the Third.

Now, more than ever - NO to Newco.

'Dear Sir or Madam,

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of The Scottish Football League will be held within the Bell/Baird Suite on the fifth floor of Hampden Park, Glasgow on Friday, 13th July, 2012 at 11.00 a.m. for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, approving the following proposals:-

(i) That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the "Board") to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

(iii) That the Scottish Football League Members in terms of Rule 12 approve the resignation of either Dundee F.C. or Dunfermline Athletic F.C., whichever shall be admitted to join the Scottish Premier League for Season 2012/13, such resignation to take effect as at the date of admission of such club to the Scottish Premier League, notwithstanding that the requisite notice under Rule 12 shall not have been given.Details of the series of measures referred to at (ii) above shall be made available to the Members in advance of the meeting and an opportunity for full discussion of those measures will be given prior to the proposals being put to the meeting.

In accordance with the terms of SFL Rule 53, your club must send one representative to this meeting and I would be most grateful if you could advise me of the name of your representative by return.

A buffet lunch will be served at the conclusion of the meeting.

Kind regards,

David A. Longmuir

Chief Executive, SFL.'

Source - Alex Thomson.

So, you've to vote Sevco into the SFL, then the Board will do a stitch-up with the SPL & SFA which allows them to place Sevco in the 1st.............no ability to take away the 1st as the outcome.

BUT - as an incentive to bend over, we're gonna give you a buffet lunch!

Surely proposal (ii) would be breaking FIFA or UEFA rules? Are there any other examples from world football of a new club being parachuted into a league two tiers above the bottom? Has to be a No vote for proposal (i)!

This is what the Italians tried with Fiorentina and then FIFA/UEFA turned up, slapped their hands and put them into Serie C2, yes?

That's an appalling statement, there must be a strong resistance from the clubs.

If I were in these clubs position I would be demanding the resignation of Longmuir now along with Regan and Doncaster.

Also in their position I'd be talking with the like minded clubs and consider resigning from the leagues. If it were just one team like Clyde then they'd just laugh it off, but if a couple of division one teams threatened to resign...

If it goes through anyway and no resignations happen, I would hope Clyde would resign - I've missed Clydebank.

I hope the Chairmen stay strong and offer to quit the league. You can't run a league with only I Can't Believe Its Not Rangers and Stenny.

Correct. You need I Can't Believe It's Not Rangers and Celtic.

Surely proposal (ii) would be breaking FIFA or UEFA rules? Are there any other examples from world football of a new club being parachuted into a league two tiers above the bottom? Has to be a No vote for proposal (i)!

I truly hope it is breaking the rules and that UEFA get involved. Longmuir, Doncaster and Regan should be lined up and shot.

I truly hope it is breaking the rules and that UEFA get involved. Longmuir, Doncaster and Regan should be lined up and shot.

This.

Not content with standing by and looking at their brogues whilst one club bankrupted itself, they are now content to bankrupt as many others as possible, when their fans turn their backs on the game, due to its shameful corruption.

I don't know who is worse. Traynor for talking out his dunger, no surprise there then, or McLean for practically rimming him.mad.gif

On a positive note, well done Elvis. Well said that man biggrin.gif

Sack Regan. Pressley for President