Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's more likely because the product's a load of shite IMO

Do you really think our league is poorer than the Norwegian league?

Apologies of this has been covered before and I maybe did get a bit bored when P&B went offline but, following the SPL vote this week, was it reported what reasons the clubs gave for not accepting Sevco 5088's application? I don't remember seeing anything.

This got me thinking about Sevco and Mr Green. I did a check online and Sevco 5088 is currently registered with only 1 director; Charles Alexander Green. He's also listed as the sole director of two other businessesRFC 0712 and Sevco Scotland. I found is strange that Mr Green has no other company history. If you look at Craig Whyte or David Murray's profile, there are many other businesses they've had a hand in. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about business matters than me can explain why that might be? On the face of it, it looks a bit odd. Some questions that occurred to me:

Who is Charles Green working for?

What was in his proposal to the SPL?

Why did the SPL reject it?

Do Sevco have an SFA license?

If the SPL rejected Sevco's proposal, why should it beaccepted by the SFL?

I'm sure the SPL clubs were made aware of the financial implications of not accepting Sevco into the league so did they just see through Doncaster's doomsday scenario?

Too many questions!!!!!

Lauchlan Cameron's comments in the Daily Record maybe answer some of these.

This may also have relevance http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/

Just a thought (not well thought out) but are our rights diluted because we live in the shadow of our neighbours to the South?

We are a filler for Sky and we're almost unique in Europe in that we don't have a national broadcaster covering our games, but the figures are misleading; most of the leagues show ALL of their games live - in Norway, for example, that is 240 games a season, compared to our 60, four times as many. However, the belief at Sky (and Setenta and BBC before them) is that no one wants to watch games other than OF games and we are still a bit backward in as much we still believe that if games are on the box no one will go to the games

Just a thought (not well thought out) but are our rights diluted because we live in the shadow of our neighbours to the South?

kinda, sky sports have a budget to work towards , they get more viewers for wwe,epl , la liga & f1 just to name a few so they will be more handsomely "rewarded"

a more interesting table produced would be the sky sports table to see how we compete vs the other products (quite well i would suggest)

Do you really think our league is poorer than the Norwegian league?

I've never watched a single game of norwegian football so i can't comment but i've seen enough SPL games to have the opinion that it's awful and i include my own team in that, especially seeing as they feature in a great deal of them.

It's more likely because the product's a load of shite IMO

To be fair i find it difficult to get overly interested in a league not involving my club, but nearly every week i spot 1 game in the SPL which sounds more interesting and important than watching whoever the old firm were playing away.

In summary, the guy at sky who decides which games we are watching needs a kick in the baws.

Wow! What a presentation.

Jesus Christ. You just know it is a complete shambles when (even assuming that they aren't going by the legal Sevco title) they can't even get the name of their own club right: "76% Ranger [sic] fans vote for division 3". Honestly? You can't even get that right?

I think we have to question the media's involvement in all of this.

By and large they fail to see that Rangers were utilising offshore payments, double contracts etc.

They do not investigate the running of the club after Whyte takes over (other than 1 BBC program near the end of his tenure) and here we are again with another owner with unknown finances, unknown backers and unknown resources and what are we hearing - put them in Div 1.

Also SFA hang your head in shame, can you tell us that the owners of Newco are "fit and proper" and if so, can they tell us who in hell these owners are.......

SFL also need to understand their own rules. 2./3rds needed to introduce temporary rules so this is what the "supplementary" elements of the vote will be but only after they have agreed to provide a team to the SPL as their own constitution states that there are three leagues with 10 members in each league and currently all spaces are occupied!!!

who would you say has come out of this well and badly in the media

il start

Good:

i think STV have been good throughout especially some of the guys on twitter

Bad:

Jim Traynor has come out of it terribly

To be fair i find it difficult to get overly interested in a league not involving my club, but nearly every week i spot 1 game in the SPL which sounds more interesting and important than watching whoever the old firm were playing away.

In summary, the guy at sky who decides which games we are watching needs a kick in the baws.

What are the odds that live coverage next season will still be whoever the OF are playing away from home?

I'm glad I cancelled the larcenous chunts.

Maybe 1 of you know all's can tell me what the main reason for SPLTV getting shelved before it got off the ground was?

Also whilst i have your attention, what was the TV deal before sky came along?

Setanta paid £13M a year and had agreed to up that to (I think) £25M a year before they cocked things up by getting in too deep and paying too much for the Megahype EPL - before Setanta the beeb paid £7.5M a season

SPLTV was, I think, never more than a bargaining chip IMO, although why they have never seriously considered it I really don't know.

You think that will stop them?

Nah - not really but if people don't believe all they read in the west coast media and Messrs Regan and Doncaster etc. There are supporters that can do the maths nowadays

Take a look at this

http://saintinasia.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/saints-without-rangers-a-question-of/

Edited by INDICATOR