Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If Sevco sort out the Charles Green issue they will get far, far more than four or five thousand for home games.

I'm not saying that Sevco will get an average of 4-5K Bums On Seats. I was just trying to find a rough break-even point for Sevco. I'm not going into guessing how much they may get, just what's the minimum they need

Iworked for twenty yrs in cinema mgement and s twelve screen cinema withthirty staff on min wage needed five million a yr turnover just tothink about profit. Therese's a hundred odd non playing staff runningibrox and mp most of whom will be on good salaries and benefits. Theutilities business rates tax no maintenance supplies added in mean thatthe three million figure is miles short. That business needs tens ofmillions pa to survive.I'm astonished that people think they could doit at twelve pound a ticket in front of five thousand when theycouldn't pay the face painter with spl prices TV money Cl revenue andfifty thousand through the doors.

I bow before your knowledge.

All I known is that 1st Div teams playing in front of 3-4K people have 1,5-2M budgets ...

Borys

Edited by Borys

The SFA will almost certainly take this decision out of clubs hands, this comes from a club official. If the clubs vote No, it will just be a face saving exercise for them.

Exactly what mechanism exists for the SFA to take it out of the SFL's hands. This is people listening to Regan as opposed to telling him to f**k off. Regan is an administrator, a fucking pen pusher and nothing more. People need to stop taking him seriously. And people like you need to stop repeating these myths.

Excellent statement from Stenny to be fair. They've set out their position and explained their thinking.

What are we looking at now then?

No

Raith Rovers

Dunfermline

Partick Thistle

Morton

Cowdenbeath

Hamilton

Livingston

Falkirk

Clyde

Stranraer

Annan

Alloa

Stirling

Yes

Stenny

Abstaining

Dundee

Airdrie

If my sums are right, do Rangers not need every single undeclared team to say yes to be in division 1? :unsure:

As it stands, SPL 2 will contain Sevco and Stenny, if that were to be the case.

I think that might be incorrect ...as far as I can tell the Nos are simply against newco in sfl...acorrding to regan a no vote means spl two including newco will be imposed...and I'm not sure anyone has said they wont join that yet ...maybe pessimistic here but its tough for any sfl chairman to reject invite to spl two when there may not be a promotion mechanism to it from remaining sfl structure

Incredible that the SPL can get away with threatening non payment of an obligation. Wow, just wow.

Seriously, how low can we go?

Toys out of the pram stuff from Regan and Doncaster.

You probably need to start a new list Kyle :(

Most of these were done before the meeting on Tues, I imagine there will be at least a few clubs changing their minds.

How many SFL clubs have said no since the meeting on Tues??

People said the same thing before the SPL vote. Right up to the night before the vote Doncaster was spreading rumours that they might still get in with sanctions or that at least the SPL vote would be deferred.

The SFL chairmen will not be easily cowed.

Christ, what a pessimistic lot :lol:

One club has come out and said yes. ONE. They need more than 50% to do so.T he rest haven't issued any kind of statement saying their positions have changed.

Regarding SPL 2 - there just isn't time now for that to get up and going for the new season. If the fans stay united, they will be in division 3. It's what we want, it's what Rangers fans want. It's the only outcome, really.

Just skimmed the Stenny statement

I can't believe this.

Punishment

relegation from the SPL

They aren't IN the SPL, it's a newco.

a one year transfer embargo,

I thought that was illegal?

related EUFA 3 year ban from Europe

not a ban, just a non-compliance

This stinks.

Plus all the other shite about projected loss of revenue :angry::angry::angry:

Exactly what mechanism exists for the SFA to take it out of the SFL's hands. This is people listening to Regan as opposed to telling him to f**k off. Regan is an administrator, a fucking pen pusher and nothing more. People need to stop taking him seriously. And people like you need to stop repeating these myths.

This comes from Scott Struthers' Twitter, Accies secretary and on SFA committees. He texted me much the same thing on saturday and I posted on here that the SFA could make this decision and render any vote meaningless. I'm not saying it will happen but Scott is certainly someone in the know and now it's on his Twitter there is no need to be discreet.

Actually, I take back the "almost certainly" part from earlier post, that's not what he said. I'm just pessimistic.

Edited by Owsley

I think that might be incorrect ...as far as I can tell the Nos are simply against newco in sfl...acorrding to regan a no vote means spl two including newco will be imposed...and I'm not sure anyone has said they wont join that yet ...maybe pessimistic here but its tough for any sfl chairman to reject invite to spl two when there may not be a promotion mechanism to it from remaining sfl structure

This is pish. There's not going to be an SPL 2. Why the f**k are so many people on this thread buying into this scaremongering pish. Do you still look under your bed at night because somebody told you there is a bogey man?

Excellent statement from Stenny to be fair. They've set out their position and explained their thinking.

What are we looking at now then?

No

Raith Rovers

Dunfermline

Partick Thistle

Morton

Cowdenbeath

Hamilton

Livingston

Falkirk

Clyde

Stranraer

Annan

Alloa

Stirling

Yes

Stenny

Abstaining

Dundee

Airdrie

If my sums are right, do Rangers not need every single undeclared team to say yes to be in division 1? :unsure:

As it stands, SPL 2 will contain Sevco and Stenny, if that were to be the case.

Stenny statement clearly says that at the meeting it was clear that teams who had said no to newco in div 1 would accept invite to spl2

Very revealing statement which clears up a lot of myths peddled about this situation.

Seems clear there is zero chance of Rangers in div 3 no matter what most people want.

I'd rather teams voted yes to rangers in div1 than spl2 forced through myself.

I suppose it makes sense for the sfa to step in if they believe all other options will damage Scottish football.

Pretty bold of them to come out with this first. Stupid, but bold.

Interesting part of the Stenny statement.

"The financial effect on most SPL clubs would be a reduced income of around £1m/season. More importantly for us, the settlement agreement payment (the annual payment from the SPL to the SFL agreed when the SPL was established) of approximately £2m would not be paid. The reason this would not be paid would be due to the reduced SPL income, the money to meet this obligation would no longer be there."

If this agreement has been made and is watertight then the SFL is in a very strong position to DEMAND the £2million. Depends on how the agreement was setup, as a fixed amount or a percentage of something else, but if a fixed amount then go for it.

The SPL as a company would be liable. So the SFL could pursue them, freeze their assets, send in the sheriff officers unless they did what the SFL thought was acceptable. This could be to wind up the SPL and allow the member clubs to move to a new SFL Premier league, run and administered by the SFL.

This will remove one self serving body from the complexities of Scottish football. And save a lot of money being taken out of the game by the likes of Doncaster.

It will also deflate the pomposity we get from Doncaster as he connives and schemes to bolster his own pay packet.

Edited by thelegendthatis

This comes from Scott Struthers' Twitter, Accies secretary and on SFA committees. He texted me much the same thing on saturday and I posted on here that the SFA could make this decision and render any vote meaningless. I'm not saying it will happen but Scott is certainly someone in the know and now it's on his Twitter there is no need to be discreet.

Then did you pose the question that I posed to you. What mechanism is there for the SFA to impose a decision on the SFL? For Christ sake Regan is not the SFA, the SFA is a body and anything Regan does would need to be sanctioned. The SFA board is accountable to the whole of Scottish football.

The only danger here is that people actually believe this havering arse when he goes around making these outrageous threats.

I'll say it again REGAN IS NOT THE SFA.

Then did you pose the question that I posed to you. What mechanism is there for the SFA to impose a decision on the SFL? For Christ sake Regan is not the SFA, the SFA is a body and anything Regan does would need to be sanctioned. The SFA board is accountable to the whole of Scottish football.

The only danger here is that people actually believe this havering arse when he goes around making these outrageous threats.

I'll say it again REGAN IS NOT THE SFA.

Where did I mention Regan? Whose to say the SFA as a body won't do this? Here's the quote, to be fair he also states the SFL could do this.

I reckon end result will be sfa or sfl 'placing' them wherever under 'emergency powers' or 'board decision'