Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://wingsland.pod...mber-crunching/

Sky TV has somewhere in the region of 1 million subscribers in Scotland, of whom approximately 50% will also be Sky Sports subscribers.

Assuming all subscribers, both Sports and non-Sports, have the most basic package available (£21.50/month without Sports, £42.50/month with), that means Sky's gross domestic-viewer revenue in Scotland is roughly £32m/month, or £384m/year.

The deal Sky signed with the Scottish Premier League for live broadcast rights over the next five years will see it pay the SPL around £1.3m/month, or £16m/year.

Should Sky pull out of the TV deal entirely in the event of Sevco Rangers FC being placed in SFL3 (or worse), and some subscribers cancel their service – either in anger or simply because it no longer includes Scottish football – the proportion of Scottish customers leaving which would lead to Sky making a net loss is just over 4%.

If we restrict ourselves to Sky Sports subscribers alone, and assume that they only cancel their Sports package (keeping their other channels), the figure is 13%. Or put another way, if Sky completely abandon Scottish football they need to still hang onto almost 90% of their Sports subscribers in Scotland in order not to lose money.

Just thinking out loud.

How about Virgin or Freeview viewers that also have the Sky Sports package?

Surely that would also be worth money going to Sky.

But is it really the will of the people or the ignorant views of semi-literate gangs of keyboard clatterers?

That arse Traynor called us semi-literate !

Oh! I wish I could think of a suitable ripost.

(or riposte, both acceptable)

As Stuart Cosgrove noted yesterday evening, Jim Traynor is 'institutionalised'. Yes, big word isn't it and, no doubt, Mr T will expect this sort of terminology to be beyond us semi-literate keyboard bashers! Do not be surprised by Mr Traynor's approach. He's only doing what all tabloid journalists do; sensationalise and use hyperbole to provoke a reaction. Job done in this case!

Understand this; Mr T and his ilk are part of the 'old way'. They have been shown to be out of touch and increasingly irrelevant as technology allows information to be accessed and distributed more quickly. Instead of allowing your blood pressure to be unnecessarily increased, just don't buy the Daily Record; you're only continuing to feed the Beast (pun intended). Find other, more informed, online alternatives.

On the plus side, the fact that Mr T is acknowledging the 'keyboard clickeratti' and is choosing to make us the subject of his journalistic 'banter' only proves that our voice is being heard.

Thanks for that, I'll have a little peruse tonight! I'd assumed the thing was defunct; remember the days when I would buy it religiously regularly.

I'd just like to point out that other morningstars are available

http://www.morningstar.com/

http://www.morningstarministries.org/

http://www.morningstar.org.uk/

http://www.morningstarcorp.com/en/home

Ironic that one of them deals with capitalism.

Just a wee thought....

Could we see fans of other clubs turning up to support the likes of Raith and Clyde etc, with their colours on?

Ie perhaps a Jambo in the home end at Starks Park, with his Hearts top on?

Dunno if it would be seen as a show of support, or would someone in the Raith support maybe get a bit arsey about it?

...dunno if I've explained that right. Hopefully u know what I mean.

Just a wee thought....

Could we see fans of other clubs turning up to support the likes of Raith and Clyde etc, with their colours on?

Dunno if it would be seen as a show of support, or would someone in the Raith support maybe get a bit arsey about it?

I'm guessing he'd be accepted without any trouble....

assuming he didn't shout GORGIE YA BASS!

Just a wee thought....

What about a Sheepshagging fan at newco home game with his Dons top on; solidarity, new start, bygones be bygones and a' that?

Just a wee thought....

Funnily I was just thinking that. I am going to the friendly against Raith on 21 July, but I notice the also have a friendly against Ross County on the 10th. I was thinking of going through just as a gesture of support for Turnbull hutton's stance and going in the home end. Would i get away with wearing my United scarf? :unsure:

Funnily I was just thinking that. I am going to the friendly against Raith on 21 July, but I notice the also have a friendly against Ross County on the 10th. I was thinking of going through just as a gesture of support for Turnbull hutton's stance and going in the home end. Would i get away with wearing my United scarf? :unsure:

You'd probably get a few idiots but overall if anyone comes up to you and you say "Well I'm doing it because I want to give your club money due to Hutton's stance" then I doubt you'd have to worry. Any funds brought in from fans of other teams is welcome, given that we've been making cutbacks year upon year.

Things like that have happened before, I can't remember who you were playing but at United's first home game after Phil O'Donnell died there were quite a few 'well fans in the home end with colours on, and were warmly welcomed. Different circumstances obviously but shows it's not a problem if it's not for unscrupulous reasons.

Edited by Al B

just turned on P&B for my daily fix of laughs, banter, and general chat and after trailing through a few pages on sevco, sfa, cockwomble, green, whyte, traynor, SPhelL, SFL1/2/3, reconstruction and all the other nonsense it hit me.

I dont care anymore i'm fed up with it the whole saga has become tedious.

is it just me or anyone else feel like me :(:(

If you want to support the club, keep your neck warm and have a fashion accessory that I hear they are all wearing in Milan get yourslef a Raith Rovers scarf... while stocks last!!!

I actually sat in the away end of our friendly against Morcame last year with my mate, just to be pwopa nawty and put on a terrible lancashire accent. I doubt you'll have any trouble, maybe an idiot or two.