Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

slightly off topic, but United have sold out their allocation for the pre season friendly v Dundee @ Dens biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Think the allocation is 4200-4500, it's no big deal, we always do and this is the 3rd time we have done for a friendly since they went down.

In regard to the Raith account. Not knocking the idea, but (despite what a buffoon like Traynor may think) - I'm a keyboard clatterer who realises that none of this is good. St Mirren are likely to suffer financially here, no matter the outcome now. I am not stupid, neither are the majority of long-time posters on here. The loss of one of our two biggest clubs (for whatever reason) causes massive repercussions throughout the game. The actual amount that St Mirren could lose was outlined to St Mirren supporters at three meetings held this week. Is it really armageddon and the death of our game? Is it a heavy, heavy loss that will set us back four or five years - galling, as we are in the best position as a club we've been in for the last twenty years.... or is the reality somewhere in between?

I don't know, but whatever it turns out to be - very shortly, St Mirren could be needing a help. Until such times as I receive....wait for it....wait for it... clarity... my baw-bees are being held in reserve for my own club.

You're right, it's not good.

The alternative was worse.

No-brainer, as they say.

Apologies if this has been answered before but I cant remember it being clarified.

When there becomes a vacancy in the SFL do they not need to invite applications for this place. How long does this process take ?? Surely we are getting to the stage where there is not enough time or are we about to see the start of the season pushed back a couple of weeks.

I agree with the need to change the set up, but to say the SPL is run for the west of Scotland is just nonsense.

Tell me what benefits west coast clubs get from the SPL?

History lesson, SPL wasn't set up by Celtic & Rangers, it was set up by 10 greedy clubs wanting to Hoover up the cash, they didnt give a f**k about the SFL

Both Celtic and Rangers were 2 of the original 10 clubs that helped set up the SPL back in season 1998/99.

The only bias in the SPL is towards the OF and the voting system proves that.

The major benefits the west coast clubs get is every league title has been won by only Celtic or Rangers.

Edited by CityDave

Apologies if this has been answered before but I cant remember it being clarified.

When there becomes a vacancy in the SFL do they not need to invite applications for this place. How long does this process take ?? Surely we are getting to the stage where there is not enough time or are we about to see the start of the season pushed back a couple of weeks.

They don't HAVE to, no. The SFL's rulebook is an incredibly vague document that essentially lets them do whatever they like if they can get a majority to vote for it.

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/quick-number-crunching/

Sky TV has somewhere in the region of 1 million subscribers in Scotland, of whom approximately 50% will also be Sky Sports subscribers.

Assuming all subscribers, both Sports and non-Sports, have the most basic package available (£21.50/month without Sports, £42.50/month with), that means Sky’s gross domestic-viewer revenue in Scotland is roughly £32m/month, or £384m/year.

The deal Sky signed with the Scottish Premier League for live broadcast rights over the next five years will see it pay the SPL around £1.3m/month, or £16m/year.

Should Sky pull out of the TV deal entirely in the event of Sevco Rangers FC being placed in SFL3 (or worse), and some subscribers cancel their service – either in anger or simply because it no longer includes Scottish football – the proportion of Scottish customers leaving which would lead to Sky making a net loss is just over 4%.

If we restrict ourselves to Sky Sports subscribers alone, and assume that they only cancel their Sports package (keeping their other channels), the figure is 13%. Or put another way, if Sky completely abandon Scottish football they need to still hang onto almost 90% of their Sports subscribers in Scotland in order not to lose money.

Just thinking out loud.

I think applications have to be in by March. Ross County, Dundee and Falkirk applied at the time.

The way that jizz stain Regan is talking I don't think he's giving two fucks for proper procedure, integrity or fair play.

But even if they avoid liquidation European football would be beyond a makeshift team for more than just next season so Rangers fans, and the three bidders, should see the sense in deciding themselves that closure, with a new beginning in the SFL's Third Division, might actually be the best way forward.

Rangers have only themselves to blame and it would be a fitting gesture if they said they deserve to be shunted all the way down to the very bottom. That rather than a rushed batch of half-baked new rules and points deductions over two or three years should be the punishment for liquidation.

Also, if Rangers fans believe they are being unfairly treated by the SPL then why wouldn't they want to get the hell out and leave the rest to get on with it. And if, as so many people appear to believe, the top flight would be able to carry on regardless without Rangers everyone would be happy.

But what if Rangers went into liquidation, were reformed and then insisted the newco suffer the ultimate penalty and remove themselves to the Third Division?

They'd be expected to win promotion back to the SPL after three years and if their fans continued to follow them the game's needy would benefit. The smallest and poorest clubs would have decent pay days and Rangers wouldn't be shelling out fortunes on players.

If their fans bought into the new Rangers they could stockpile season ticket money and by the time they made it back to the SPL they'd have much more cash for a better standard of player than they'd have for the start of next season if they remain in the top flight under new ownership.

The SPL clubs would be worse off because of restructured telly deals. Celtic wouldn't be immune and would have to play in the Champions League proper every season to get the kind of money they need.

Some Rangers fans believe the club's history, which would end with liquidation, must be protected but there is a shameful part of that history which they should want to forget and any newco should make it clear a new beginning means exactly that.

A new club open to all from the very beginning.

Not my words :

Rangers must start again in Division Three

By Jim Traynor April 13th

When Newco eventually are given their place in Div 3, On the day they play Queens Park at Hampden, fans of all other clubs should have a party day out to celebrate, goad, and give it a big GIRUY to these Knuckle Draggers !

Not sure if this solution has already been suggested, but here goes:

1) Rebrand as SPFL and reform into two leagues: 18 team Division 1 and 24 team Division 2, with D1/D2 playoffs and pyramid entry at the bottom of D2

2) Put Rangers in D2, then they're at the bottom of the new structure (the ultimate punishment), with a fighting chance of coming back soon-ish.

3) Rip up the Sky contract.

Yes I know that would be like burning money, but Scottish football is going to take a financial hit no matter what happens. Then we should establish SPFLTV; this will provide less revenue, but the key thing is it will be sustainable as it would be run by the Scottish League for the Scottish League, cutting out the multinational money-grabbing middle man and providing an opportunity to establish a financial equilibrium.

Pretty radical overhaul, but I think we're well past the minor tweak stage anyway.

Thoughts?

Any reconstruction should not be on the table just now - we have Newco to deal with and less than 4 weeks to kick off. Send them to division 3 or admit Spartans and give them a year out.

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/quick-number-crunching/

Sky TV has somewhere in the region of 1 million subscribers in Scotland, of whom approximately 50% will also be Sky Sports subscribers.

Assuming all subscribers, both Sports and non-Sports, have the most basic package available (£21.50/month without Sports, £42.50/month with), that means Sky’s gross domestic-viewer revenue in Scotland is roughly £32m/month, or £384m/year.

The deal Sky signed with the Scottish Premier League for live broadcast rights over the next five years will see it pay the SPL around £1.3m/month, or £16m/year.

Should Sky pull out of the TV deal entirely in the event of Sevco Rangers FC being placed in SFL3 (or worse), and some subscribers cancel their service – either in anger or simply because it no longer includes Scottish football – the proportion of Scottish customers leaving which would lead to Sky making a net loss is just over 4%.

If we restrict ourselves to Sky Sports subscribers alone, and assume that they only cancel their Sports package (keeping their other channels), the figure is 13%. Or put another way, if Sky completely abandon Scottish football they need to still hang onto almost 90% of their Sports subscribers in Scotland in order not to lose money.

Just thinking out loud.

That has to be the next campaign. Possibly a bit more co-ordinated than what has happened so far.

When Newco eventually are given their place in Div 3, On the day they play Queens Park at Hampden, fans of all other clubs should have a party day out to celebrate, goad, and give it a big GIRUY to these Knuckle Draggers !

Saturday 29th December - presuming Stranraer, as losing play off finalists, move up the second division