Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Back to the relative sanity of the Juniors Forum for me!!!

Probably don't get the full picture - but from the outside looking in. There has been a lot of bitterness shown towards Rangers and not the cause (Murray and Whyte) by fans quick to jump on their demise.

The inpropriety of Murray and Whyte surely is something for the authorities to deal with. But this inpropriety has benefitted all in Scottish Football? (inflated transfer fee's to clubs for players) enhanced SKY deal to ensure they get the OLD FIRM Game etc.

Surely going by the Moral Standards now being set - clubs will be queuing up to pay back all monies received from Rangers - so not to associate themselves with taking dirty money and defrauding the British Public by depriving them further of monies due to HMRC.

Even taking money in good faith if found to be dirty should be repaid?

No you've just gone too far :lol:

Get real and stop wearing out your knuckles on your keyboards. What real fan would want his club, innocents in all of this, to shut because of a desire to get at the real culprits? Rangers did this and they are suffering. But this need to put them down further will endanger other innocent clubs. So-called fans who dominate their message boards appear to be running the show and are now pressing SFL clubs into doing the right thing, which is actually the wrong thing for the game in general. But is it really the will of the people or the ignorant views of semi-literate gangs of keyboard clatterers?

Entertaining though it is to listen to your rants Turnbull, just think. That's it, just think, and if enough of us do we just might not blow our brains out.

I understand your point, but the problem is there are too many unknowns. Will £16m really go from the game? If so, just how will each club be affected? How many fans would clubs lose by voting yes?

No one really knows the "right thing" to do from a financial point of view. No one knows, or will know, the real financial cost until it happens. However, what we do know is that, from the point of view of the integrity of the game, the right thing to do is not bend the rules to accommodate sevco.

By default, that becomes the right thing to do

In regard to the Raith account. Not knocking the idea, but (despite what a buffoon like Traynor may think) - I'm a keyboard clatterer who realises that none of this is good. St Mirren are likely to suffer financially here, no matter the outcome now. I am not stupid, neither are the majority of long-time posters on here. The loss of one of our two biggest clubs (for whatever reason) causes massive repercussions throughout the game. The actual amount that St Mirren could lose was outlined to St Mirren supporters at three meetings held this week. Is it really armageddon and the death of our game? Is it a heavy, heavy loss that will set us back four or five years - galling, as we are in the best position as a club we've been in for the last twenty years.... or is the reality somewhere in between?

I don't know, but whatever it turns out to be - very shortly, St Mirren could be needing a help. Until such times as I receive....wait for it....wait for it... clarity... my baw-bees are being held in reserve for my own club.

I totally agree with you here and suggest that all the diddy clubs focus on helping their own clubs first. There is a financial storm about to be ridden in Scottish football and our clubs are going to need us to go the extra mile more than ever.

I don't want to see one diddy team be sucked under by the grotesque failing of Rangers but I fear that this may be inevitable. I urge all to provide extra support wherever they can. Ideas include:

Sponsoring a player

taking out hospitality a couple of times a season

buying extra half time draw tickets

enrolling/ buying extra tickets for club lottery

renewing your scarf/ strip

I have already bought extra tickets for the lottery and I will be looking to do all of the above in the forthcoming season. I will also be donating to the Wick fund and paying into the pre-season friendlies despite having a season book. It may not add up to much but if each of our 1500 fans spend £100 more this season then that is an extra £150,000 turnover for the club.

The club certainly deserves our support.

Scottish football is suddenly becoming interesting to me again.....

Not sure if this solution has already been suggested, but here goes:

1) Rebrand as SPFL and reform into two leagues: 18 team Division 1 and 24 team Division 2, with D1/D2 playoffs and pyramid entry at the bottom of D2

2) Put Rangers in D2, then they're at the bottom of the new structure (the ultimate punishment), with a fighting chance of coming back soon-ish.

3) Rip up the Sky contract.

Yes I know that would be like burning money, but Scottish football is going to take a financial hit no matter what happens. Then we should establish SPFLTV; this will provide less revenue, but the key thing is it will be sustainable as it would be run by the Scottish League for the Scottish League, cutting out the multinational money-grabbing middle man and providing an opportunity to establish a financial equilibrium.

Pretty radical overhaul, but I think we're well past the minor tweak stage anyway.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? I like it :)

Scottish football has needed to change for over a decade now. Our national league is run in the west of Scotland for the West of Scotland. The SPL was created to line the pockets of the Old Firm and leave everybody else in relative poverty.

I agree with the need to change the set up, but to say the SPL is run for the west of Scotland is just nonsense.

Tell me what benefits west coast clubs get from the SPL?

History lesson, SPL wasn't set up by Celtic & Rangers, it was set up by 10 greedy clubs wanting to Hoover up the cash, they didnt give a f**k about the SFL

I totally agree with you here and suggest that all the diddy clubs focus on helping their own clubs first. There is a financial storm about to be ridden in Scottish football and our clubs are going to need us to go the extra mile more than ever.

I don't want to see one diddy team be sucked under by the grotesque failing of Rangers but I fear that this may be inevitable. I urge all to provide extra support wherever they can. Ideas include:

Sponsoring a player

I have already bought extra tickets for the lottery and I will be looking to do all of the above in the forthcoming season. I will also be donating to the Wick fund and paying into the pre-season friendlies despite having a season book. It may not add up to much but if each of our 1500 fans spend £100 more this season then that is an extra £150,000 turnover for the club.

Yep. This is how it should be I think. In terms of individual clubs requiring support, its a case of wait and see.

If there is a need, I'm hopeful that the spirit of solidarity thats been present throughout this sorry mess will

extend to fans across Scotland chipping in to help out clubs who are particularly badly hit by Sevco boycotts or the like.

At present though, I'm sitting on all my pennies as the whole game is still teetering on the brink of farce and ignominy,

thanks to rampant Regan-omics, and a load of cock-womble.

Tense times these. :(

Sponsoring a player

If only I felt Accies deserved that support.:(

But is it really the will of the people or the ignorant views of semi-literate gangs of keyboard clatterers?

That arse Traynor called us semi-literate !

Oh! I wish I could think of a suitable ripost.

(or riposte, both acceptable)

Edited by cyderspaceman

Just read Traynor's article on the DR and spotted this bit at the end...

"The SFL will meet next week to decide the fate of the game.

Entertaining though it is to listen to your rants Turnbull, just think. That's it, just think, and if enough of us do we just might not blow our brains out."

Even if the SFL do vote for Div 3, Traynor doesn't have enough brains to blow out, shame really.

Not sure if this solution has already been suggested, but here goes:

1) Rebrand as SPFL and reform into two leagues: 18 team Division 1 and 24 team Division 2, with D1/D2 playoffs and pyramid entry at the bottom of D2

2) Put Rangers in D2, then they're at the bottom of the new structure (the ultimate punishment), with a fighting chance of coming back soon-ish.

3) Rip up the Sky contract.

Yes I know that would be like burning money, but Scottish football is going to take a financial hit no matter what happens. Then we should establish SPFLTV; this will provide less revenue, but the key thing is it will be sustainable as it would be run by the Scottish League for the Scottish League, cutting out the multinational money-grabbing middle man and providing an opportunity to establish a financial equilibrium.

Pretty radical overhaul, but I think we're well past the minor tweak stage anyway.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are you must have been dropped on your head as a youngster, sorry

Has anyone thought about Panini in all of this? They'll have to chuck a whole load of stickers out and are, at present, still not sure which club to replace them with. Rumours that the Panini chopper is currently hovering over Glenrothes have yet to be substantiated.

Spare a thought for Electronic Arts (Fifa 13), they had already included Sevco with 5 players, playing bare-topped and now have to ditch it and bring in a team which hasn't appeared for many a year.

They did the same with Elvis, decades after his death they were reporting that he was still alive and working in Burger King. ;)

" There's a team plays down at Ibrox, swears they're Rangers

Now they're all liars and I'm quite sure they're through."

But is it really the will of the people or the ignorant views of semi-literate gangs of keyboard clatterers?

That arse Traynor called us semi-literate !

Oh! I wish I could think of a suitable ripost.

(or riposte, both acceptable)

Scotsman readers must be full of them given 97% of them ( 26080 so far) voted for Div3. Granted 75% of newco fans went for the same option maybe he's getting his "gangs" confused or he's thrashing about as he realises just how irrelevant the MSM is due to it's lack of genuine journalistic endeavour.................... Used to be a time the press gave you the facts and let you form your own opinion these days they've fallen in love with the idea of telling you what your opinion should be.

Scotsman readers must be full of them given 97% of them ( 26080 so far) voted for Div3. Granted 75% of newco fans went for the same option maybe he's getting his "gangs" confused or he's thrashing about as he realises just how irrelevant the MSM is due to it's lack of genuine journalistic endeavour.................... Used to be a time the press gave you the facts and let you form your own opinion these days they've fallen in love with the idea of telling you what your opinion should be.

Yeah, I miss The Morning Star. :(