Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No I understand that semantic argument well.

I did not say I was OK with it, I stated that it may be a necessary evil.

What has happened to newcos in other leagues? Have they had to start again from the bottom every time?

A few others have already responded to your earlier post, here's my take for what it's worth.

Some people have tried to degrade the term 'sporting integrity'. I admit it has been overused but it is still the kernel of this matter. We either support a sport that punishes misdeeds regardless of who the guilty party are OR we say the punishment will be reduced because of who has carried out the actions. If we go for the second option I don't want to be a part of that sport because it is basically corrupt.

The idea that we treat this new applicant to the SFL differently because they are the husk of the old Rangers is not acceptable to me. If any other team, including my own, was liquidated and refused entry to the SPL it would be right that they start at the bottom tier of the SFL and compete with other applicants for any place that became available. that is all that I am asking for the newco Rangers. It is not driven by hatred but by a desire for fair play; in fact more than a desire, an essential requirement.

I think you used the term emotive, yes football is an emotive subject. It is a passionate one, take the passion out of football and there is little left. I feel passionately that rules cannot be twisted out of all proportion to satisfy the supposed needs of one group of supporters. I could go on but I don't want what I regard as a valid opinion turning into a rant.

I do not think you and i will ever see eye-to-eye on this matter.

While clarifying his (bizarre) comments about social unrest, Regan says...

""That matter will be considered next week by the Scottish Football League and, hopefully, there'll be an outcome whereby Rangers will be accepted into Division One of the SFL; which would allow some financial stability for clubs in the country."

Surely if the SFL clubs ignore his advice and his stance it amounts to a vote of no confidence. How could he credibly continue in his role if the majority of clubs demonstrate that they don't trust him.

Will he walk, or will he need pushing?

You can register players up to the end of the transfer window.

So there's nothing to stop them putting a pub team together a day or two before the start of the season?

Presumably they'll need to have players registered before the SFA application then and if so, there's surely a deadline for that?

They don't do walking away. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

You're better than that.

My good Sir, I believe you have misjudged my banter significantly... ;)

Im hoping at some point, later in the day, I will have recovered enough from the shock of reading Regans statement to actually bring myself to read through it again and comment.

No, no, no... he was just misquoted don't you know? All of it apparently. Or what was it that Clinton claimed? "Mis-spoke". That's it, Regan "mis-spoke".

I'll cut to the point.

I think this a time for all the decent fans of all 42 senior clubs to come together and try and get our game back.

I don't want to send Newco to the 3rd with attachments as a punishment, they are a new club, starting off in the 3rd should suffice.

Aye, if they survive they'll be at the top of the tree at some point, so what, I don't support Ayr to win trophies every year, I support them because I love football.

After next weeks vote all 42 clubs need to sit down and restructure the whole of Scottish football for the betterment of the game not the cash.

I don't think fans should be boycotting Killie for an as good as NO vote, they should get rid of MJ right enough, football not cash from now on.

Our game needs to reintroduce a system that allows the diddies to step onto the rollercoaster that Scottish football should be not the closed shop it's tried to be, dosn't work.

Fcuk the money men, fcuk the knuckledraggers, fcuk the self interest, I want proper, unfettered, competitive and straight football to watch, wherever my team fall in the cycle.

Edited by ayrmad

*** without the bus fare type banter Ric? You're better than that.

FWIW I'd rather have a club to support than not. I'm not convinced that motherwell will survive this season. Hopefully we will and if it's with a crippled rangers in sfl3 then all the better but the kind of initiatives that they are asking for on stoolmen and twitter atm clearly shows the club are very concerned.

I don't like that we are all so reliant on the OF but those are the facts of the we live in.

It's one thing supporting a small club who rarely win things and usually struggle but another thing completely supporting the equivalent of the Washington Generals as a stooge team which simply provides opposition for someone else. If the choice is between vanishing outright and that, I wouldn't be that fussed if we died.

But anyway, there is no chance it will come to that. We have so many players out of contract next summer we will be able to drastically cut the wage bill so we're not looking at a failure of business, just a temporary, if substantial, cashflow problem. And there's no reason why between fans fundraising and selling a couple of better players, we shouldn't be able to bridge that. Afterwards, we do what everyone else does, sign the best players we can afford and see where we end up - there's then no reason to think we won't then maintain our historical position of bobbling around in 6th-10th, especially as others have existing large debts to manage and no crack at Europe this year to help ease the problem.

We're three weeks off kick off (for lower league teams anyway!) and "Rangers" have 13 players (though Goian, Edu and Bocanegra may return), most of whom are under 21, none of whom have any prospect of pre-season games.The club can't currently buy any players and won't be able to for a wee while yet. SPL? They were having a laugh. I suspect they'd struggle badly at 1st division level too. (That division may not be top quality, but is very tough and physical).

But as they're most likely to be going into the 3rd, I wonder how they'll fare there? Talk about a culture shock for those guys!

Also, the older guys who have stayed - McCulloch, Broadfoot, Wallace, Bedoya and Alexander - will cost them an absolute fortune, with no clear indication of how they will pay them. Remember, John Brown is still urging a season ticket boycott. Oh, and they'll be more vulnerable to sponsor pullouts and loss of TV deals than any other club.

Oh, and we still have the small matter of further footballing sanctions to come for them.

I think the blind panic from the likes of Regan is the dawning realisation that there is a very good chance Sevco won't come through this at all.

Edited by Cobardon

Surely if the SFL clubs ignore his advice and his stance it amounts to a vote of no confidence. How could he credibly continue in his role if the majority of clubs demonstrate that they don't trust him.

Even if SFL went unanimously against his compromise plan they represent under 1/3 of the voting membership of SFA.

Clearly it'd be a major blow to his credibility but it wouldn't of itself represent a majority of opposition.

Gordon Smith, former Rangers player and Rangers supporter was instrumental in the SPL 'no' vote behind the scenes at the behest of his 'Papal paymasters'. It's been clear for a long time that the SFA are controlled by The Vatican.

1341482243[/url]' post='6403406']

Thanks for the understanding Sailor, and by extension all those decent posters on here. Johnston has been a total embarrassment for some time now, and it makes us cringe when opposition fans pick up on his nonsense. As chairman, it can be said that he DOES speak for the club, but he certainly doesn't always speak for the fans - I think we've made that clear. I hope that no fans do boycott us next year - the pies are still excelllent, and good cheap beer is available in a number of fine establishments. Plus there's always a chance of three points when you visitsad.gif.

And if u'r really lucky, u'll get Marvins autograph if u'r passin the local sherrif court and a feel of Dayna's tits for a fiver.

Edited by K Dodd

While clarifying his (bizarre) comments about social unrest, Regan says...

""That matter will be considered next week by the Scottish Football League and, hopefully, there'll be an outcome whereby Rangers will be accepted into Division One of the SFL; which would allow some financial stability for clubs in the country."

The same, of course, could be said of cockwomble.

So there's nothing to stop them putting a pub team together a day or two before the start of the season?

Presumably they'll need to have players registered before the SFA application then and if so, there's surely a deadline for that?

They don't do walking away. rolleyes.gif

As I said, if the SFA application is a transfer of membership, then I dont see that how many players they had would be a factor. If they are treated as a new club with a new application then it might, but theres no suggestion thats the case.

I don't want to send Newco to the 3rd with attachments as a punishment, they are a new club...

This. The transferring of punishment is the only half-reasonable excuse that any Orc has to claim they still follow the same team and retain their history. Let them start at the bottom with no attachments and they don't have a leg to stand on in the future.