Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I remain totally bemused that people allow personal prejudice to rule their minds. Surely the whole issue is the future of the Scottish Game and the implications that any decision will have.

There are supporters from clubs who have contributed very little to the game in Scotland for years trying to take the moral high ground. Which I find really quite amusing but also very sad at the same time.

Clyde issuing statements on integrity - a team who build and ruin careers on a regularly basis as they struggle to survive. A team who decanted from their own locality to relocate to the middle of knowhere and regularly have issues over unpaid bills to the council. So realistically their own finances and future are also decidedly ropey. (Sorry this was not an anti Clyde post - more an example of double standards)

Livingston - bankrolled by West Lothian Council for years and up and down like a yo-yo with limited crowd appeal.

Dundee - in and out of administration

Motherwell - been in administration

East Stirling - no park or heritage after they left Falkirk for Stenhousmuir. In real terms they are just a name taking up space and contributing very little.

Falkirk - consistently sell players to avoid turning promise into promotion. A little investment and they could have been back into the SPL. But they are run as a First Division team as their benchmark.

Clydebank - allowed to die so Airdrie could live on in their place. Not much of a hullabaloo when that happened as only affected two smaller teams.

Spartans - a very well run club with a fanbase of 10. They have a junior and senior team and as a club they develop a lot of players and introduce them to the game of football. But bringing them into the SFL at the expense of Rangers would not enhance or bring anything new or better to the future of Scottish Football. Spartans may have ambitions of grandeur and SFL etc but if they were being realistic they have nothing really to offer anyone in Scottish Football at a higher level than present.

The vast majority of major investment/sponsorship in Scottish Football comes from the demand to see Rangers and Celtic and/or any combination of these 2 against whoever. Sponsors want a return from their investment and that means exposure to TV/SKY/ESPN etc.

SFA - have spent more time trying to appease UEFA/FIFA and look good in their eyes.

The majority of posters continue to wallow in the demise of another club - and forget to look at the impact that this may have on their own club and Scottish Football in general.

Scottish Football needs to unite in moving forward for the survival of our game. Solutions are required and the talking needs to stop. Henry McLeish was appointed and paid loadsa money to help improve the game and that has as usual produced no outcomes.

Stewart?? :unsure:

The big thread must stay open. The big thread must not be moved from SPL chatter. The big thread must not be split, re-named, or be subject to whataboutery.

It needs to stay exactly where it is, and it needs to remain part of this 'something' that has seen the likes of Cosgrove and Spence speak out, the Rangers tax case blogs, the Alex Thompson reports, the BBC documentary, and supporters of just about every club (bar Sevco 8055 / Sevco Scotland Ltd / Rangers / Rangers 2012 / The Rangers) find a place to come together and make our voices heard.

There's still the vote from the SFL clubs. Still the possibility of engineering some sort of soft-landing into a new second tier for Sevco. They could end up in Div 3, could fail to launch completely. Then we have the Cockwomble and Regan.... and Longmuir, who seems to be avoiding much flak for putting his name on the bottom of the document that has so riled SFL clubs. We have the blatant whataboutery of the succulent lamb brigade. Even if Sevco don't receive an engineered soft landing higher up the food chain than they deserve - we should still be talking about league reconstruction, voting rights, revenue split, play-offs, and a brighter future for Scottish football. There's the BDO investigatons into the individuals involved in this sordid sham. There's still the illegal double-contract SPL 'verdict' to look out for, and the SFA sanctions available to them, after seeing Rangers take them to court over the original transfer embargo. We have John Bomber Brown floating like a ten ton hippo and stinging like a toothless kitten. We might not have seen the end of Whyte's involvement. The ex-Rangers players TUPE situation which seems set to even further muddy the waters. We have big questions over Sevco's ability to fund the running of Ibrox and Murray Park, and huge uncertainty about the strength and ability of any Sevco XI to fulfil a season's fixtures anyway. Sandy Jardine's sorry loudmouth arse is surely in a wheely-bin marked 'Cockwomble-Regan-Longmuir'. We might be looking at desperate attempts to railroad an SPL 2 through...with four or five weeks to do it? No matter what happens, we will of course have to discuss the finanacial implications for all clubs - once we actually see where Sevco XI end up.

All of these discussions (plus a lot more I have most certainly forgotten) have arisen from the events of Feb 14 and beyond.

Keep it real. Keep it here. The big thread must stay open!

Spot on as ever.

Who has naming rights on the thread? "Wherz thu deids"?

Should it become "The Big Thread"?

But taking on your point how valuable was the game against Rangers to Falkirk last season. In additional gate money and match sponsorship etc? Indeed in beating them it gave further financial benefits that would not have come from beating another SPL team other than maybe Celtic.

Since you've been to the TFS you'll be aware that it's small capacity ensures that Old Firm games are less 'valuable' to Falkirk than they are to other clubs - indeed a thread when we were in the SPL (which I'll dig out if challenged) highlighted that the difference between a visit from the right diddy SPL teams like ICT or St Mirren was fairly minimal compared to a visit from The Old Firm - and incurred less Policing and Stewarding costs.

Falkirk I used as one example based upon my own factual knowledge of the way they work being local.

You're example was a terrible one - Falkirk cut its cloth prior to relegation because they were living outwith their means, they have now survived life in the First .... something we are told 'up to' seven SPL clubs can't do - and Rangers most certainly couldn't in the SPL despite being flippin' 'Rangers' themselves !!

Any 'bile' I may have voiced is not aimed at the demise of another club it's aimed at the utter bollocks surrounding a new one.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

Why are the reforms on offer only being considered if Sevco are admitted to Division 1? Surely if these reforms are needed for the sake of Scottish football then the SFA,SPL and SFL should be working towards them now regardless of where Sevco find themselves playing. Why are the media not asking that question?

At the end of the day Falkirks record SPL home crowd isnt against Rangers or Celtic its againstr Killie which just shows you that if your competing for somethin whether its at the top or the bottom the **** or **** dont have to be involved to increase the attendance.

Clyde issuing statements on integrity - a team who build and ruin careers on a regularly basis as they struggle to survive. A team who decanted from their own locality to relocate to the middle of knowhere and regularly have issues over unpaid bills to the council. So realistically their own finances and future are also decidedly ropey. (Sorry this was not an anti Clyde post - more an example of double standards)

Below is a comment made from our finance director on the 30th March with regard to our debt.

'We will stand proudly in 2014-15 saying that we paid every single penny of our debt. We haven't take the easy option of administration, hidden by Directors' Loans or accounting procedures. I've always said it will be a moral victory for a Football Club to do this and we will. It'll be tough, but we will do it.'

I remain totally bemused that people allow personal prejudice to rule their minds. Surely the whole issue is the future of the Scottish Game and the implications that any decision will have..

The majority of posters continue to wallow in the demise of another club - and forget to look at the impact that this may have on their own club and Scottish Football in general.

Scottish Football needs to unite in moving forward for the survival of our game. Solutions are required and the talking needs to stop. Henry McLeish was appointed and paid loadsa money to help improve the game and that has as usual produced no outcomes.

All of this sounds lovely - but in reality - any "uniting" that goes on must be between the diddy clubs and nothing to do with Sevco (or Celtic). This is a once in a generation opportunity to re-calibrate the game in Scotland in such a way that the diddy clubs are run in a completely independent way with little or no reliance on two "institushuns" that would drop the rest of us like a stone if the opportunity to play anywhere else presented itself. The OF will always act in their own self interest and that is often incompatible with the interests of the smaller clubs - so we must not rely on them or factor their continued participation in the SPL as a given.

I think the track record of the Non-OF clubs (to use the anachronism) in working together as a coherent bloc is laughable as everyone fought for petty scraps for themselves to the point where the OF could easily divide and conquer. I hope that the main positive outcome of this entire debacle is that the Diddy 40 have demonstrated that when acting together in some way (however imperfectly as we've seen with the SPL & SFL this week), they actually have a significant degree of influence that neither the OF or their apologists can prevent. If all goes to plan, that influence will become concrete with the abolition of the 11-1 voting farce and I think it is vital at that point that the false barrier between SPL and SFL is swept away. To me, it is ludicrous that a Motherwell, Kilmarnock or St Mirren (for example) will often act contrary to the interests of a Falkirk, Partick Thistle or Morton - ie - clubs they have much in common with - just as so as they can hang on the coat tails of 2 clubs that they have nothing in common with at all. Rangers and Celtic explicitly acted together despite their apparent rivalry due to their common interests and I think that the other clubs need to make a concrete effort to do the same to pool resources and to have a bigger voice than they can alone. I would like to see things like joint advertising/commercial deals/sponsorship, reciprocal arrangements for away fans, joint initiatives on building the community side of clubs and anything that secures the clubs without the help of Celtic and Zombie Rangers. There is a short opportunity to get something done and now is the time.

I am not a Rangers supporter anymore than I'm a Falkirk supporter and have probably been at more Falkirk games in recent years than Rangers games. Indeed if you paid attention my team is Linlithgow.

Ah, I see. I was posting on my phone so can't see the teams. No idea what gave me the idea you supported the old Rangers! I do apologise.

Edited by Hughsie

"It's important to stress that the reference to social unrest was in the context of no Rangers being in existence."

That's what I thought he meant in the first place tbh. unsure.gif

Still, to come out with that in any context should get him the sack.

I remain totally bemused that people allow personal prejudice to rule their minds. Surely the whole issue is the future of the Scottish Game and the implications that any decision will have.

There are supporters from clubs who have contributed very little to the game in Scotland for years trying to take the moral high ground. Which I find really quite amusing but also very sad at the same time.

Livingston - bankrolled by West Lothian Council for years and up and down like a yo-yo with limited crowd appeal.

Dundee - in and out of administration

Motherwell - been in administration

East Stirling - no park or heritage after they left Falkirk for Stenhousmuir. In real terms they are just a name taking up space and contributing very little.

Falkirk - consistently sell players to avoid turning promise into promotion. A little investment and they could have been back into the SPL. But they are run as a First Division team as their benchmark.

Clydebank - allowed to die so Airdrie could live on in their place. Not much of a hullabaloo when that happened as only affected two smaller teams.

Spartans - a very well run club with a fanbase of 10. They have a junior and senior team and as a club they develop a lot of players and introduce them to the game of football. But bringing them into the SFL at the expense of Rangers would not enhance or bring anything new or better to the future of Scottish Football. Spartans may have ambitions of grandeur and SFL etc but if they were being realistic they have nothing really to offer anyone in Scottish Football at a higher level than present.

The vast majority of major investment/sponsorship in Scottish Football comes from the demand to see Rangers and Celtic and/or any combination of these 2 against whoever. Sponsors want a return from their investment and that means exposure to TV/SKY/ESPN etc.

SFA - have spent more time trying to appease UEFA/FIFA and look good in their eyes.

At first glance you appear to put forward a reasoned argument but what you failed to mention:

newco has no money

newco doesn't have a full team

BDO may yet repossess their ground

the potential fan base is currently boycotting them

newco doesn't meet SFA membership criteria

newco has never played a game of football

Given all these problems, it's hard to justify them bringing more to the game than the teams you mentioned!

Love the sheer arrogance of Sevco fans through this. "fuk them we'll just go down to the third devision" are they that thick that they don't realise that they need to apply to join and don't have a Devine right just to go straight in? The funniest thing in this whole saga would be if they get knocked back from the SFL1 then cant get into D3 and considering what fan power has done so far ..... :rolleyes:

I'd appreciate some clarity on this point above.

1. Whose careers have we built and ruined on a regular basis?

2. We decanted because Glasgow City Council demolished about half the housing in the area, then the GRA asked us to leave the stadium in 1986. What would you have us do?

3. Is Cumbernauld the middle of nowwhere (silent k taken out)

4. The people in charge now, and indeed the owners of the club are different from the few shareholders who took us to the brink in 2004.

5. We are paying our arrears as we go - hence our position on Div 3 as we cannot afford a player budget.

Our finances are ropey - but we are working very very hard to avoid any repeat of non-payment and overspending.

We also at no time asked for any favour in terms of being allowed to stay in the higher divisions whilst we sorted out the mess left by the previous Chairman in 2004.

"Without Rangers, there is social unrest and a big problem for Scottish society," claimed Regan. "They have a huge fan base and to contemplate the situation where those fans don't have a team to support, where those fans are effectively left without a game to follow, I just think that could lead to all sorts of issues, all sorts of problems for the game.

"Tribalism in football is really important. It is part of the game. People follow their clubs with pride, it is passed down from generation to generation. There are thousands of Rangers fans whose fathers and parents and grandfathers have been Rangers fans. You can't contemplate a situation without that and if Rangers weren't to exist that could have real dire consequences.

I am absolutely disgusted by Regan's comments. :angry:

He really should have a case to answer with the police, because if this is not a threat what is?

he is inciting unrest, giving credence to any bears who may have considered it but thought better of it.

The clubs should unite and demand the resignation of Regan now!

Why didn't he just sing 'The Sash' ?

Maybe he did by the sounds of it !

Love the sheer arrogance of Sevco fans through this. "fuk them we'll just go down to the third devision" are they that thick that they don't realise that they need to apply to join and don't have a Devine right just to go straight in? The funniest thing in this whole saga would be if they get knocked back from the SFL1 then cant get into D3 and considering what fan power has done so far ..... :rolleyes:

#YesToSpartans

Whew.....

I was sitting here yesterday morning quietly resigned to Cockwomble getting his way and me tipping up at Hillsborough/Elland Rd/Bootham Crescent next year. Then the rollercoaster started. Got home from work, logged on to P&B, and thought, "We're gonna need a bigger cup of coffee".

Come midnight or so, and my head was a shed. SPL clubs voted the way they should, yet my club are going to be pariah's simply because Johnston has NO SPINE. Although TBF, had ALL clubs abstained, they would have been turfed out anyway - 8 "yes" votes were required, so an abstention was a de facto "no". Perhaps MJ saw abstention as the safe option - get the result the fans wanted while being able to say he didn't vote against, in the unlikely event of Newco returning to a position of influence. Unfortunately, it's going to hammer away support figures at RP, and the fans will take dog's abuse for years over this. Thanks, ya fud!

The radio programmes? Sportsound was epic. Cosgrove was in magisterial form, and Traynor simply can't compete at that level of debate - especially when he's had a 100% strike-out rate with his "exclusives" since the saga began. I've still got an image of Spencey going to the recorded statements then pulling Cosgrove away - "leave it, Stu! He's not worth it!". As for Killie fans being dim, fatty - we KNOW how tight our situation is, and we still wanted the c***s gone. Part-time, Div 3, whatever - there'll always be a Killie, and we'll always follow them. Something Traynor and his like will never understand.

Radio Clyde? Weell thank f**k I live in Yorkshire, because I'd hate to come across this piss-poor propaganda by accident. Absolute drivel from all concerned. One point here - John (John, John, John, John) Brown said he would not reveal Charles Green's statement as it would "put his safety at risk". Two hours later he's stood repeating what (he says) Green told him to a public meeting full of slavering troglodytes. Scum. Just scum.

Doncaster performed in a manner which, in any sensible organisation, would have amounted to reading his resignation out on the news. I wouldn't hold my breath, mind. His kind don't jump, he'll have to be pushed.

Regan? Has to go. Just when we thought the pro-Newco propaganda couldn't get any more shameful.....

Regan, Doncaster and their cronies in the press warned of "Armageddon" if we didn't let the peepul back into their "rightful place" sharpish. The fans and their clubs have spoken - they would rather their teams went under than anything connected with ibrox was shown favourable treatment. Now Regan is painting some post-apocalyptic vision of a revolution starting in Larkhall which will see civil war across Scotland. If the brain-dead fuckwit is still in post when the SFL clubs treat these threats with the contempt they deserve, what's next?

"Kilwinning Loyal have nuclear capability" warns Regan on eve of SFL "Yes, they've been naughty but we need rangers to screw the country again" vote?

Okay, for the record, I have no issue with Kilmarnock fans. You cannot be held accountable for the fact that your chairman is a cock.

I won't be ridiculing you or your club (any more than usual). Nor will I be boycotting Rugby Park.

Edited by Drooper

I'd be interestsed to know how they propose to pay the bills from a third division income stream. Another "loan" from sevco paid back with interest?